PDA

View Full Version : Editing the Conscripts

Abokasee
06-10-2009, 07:46
Greetings

I've been ETW for a while now, long enough to have a Russian Revolution (Not soviet style) as a result I lost the ability to train Gorod Stretsly but gained Conscripts.

This is all quite good, as conscripts have muskets. But there stats are very poor, understandable though, but you think the state could buy more musket balls (Conscripts have a ammo level of 3, Line infantry have 10).

I also noticed that they don't use things like fire by rank, so I added that as well (I do believe this is called: Drill set), I upped there morale a tad (from 2 to 6) and there melee skill a little bit, same with reload skill.

I noticed that Russian Line infantry have 'poorly_trained' rather than the usual 'trained' so that was changed as well.

After making these changes, adding the .script file, saved the .pack as a mod file. Ran the game, game loaded, loaded saved game and...

CTD Error!

I've print screened the Edits i've made (minised the width of all the unedited bits)

The Bottom Row is the conscripts, the line on top is line infantry.

https://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6446/image3gna.png

And the script file
https://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6769/image2foi.png (https://img188.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image2foi.png)

pevergreen
06-10-2009, 11:10
Grab modmanager (ill edit with a link) and change/make sure the pack is labeld as a mod there, get rid of the script and launch via modmanager.

it god rid of my problems (pre-patch though)

Abokasee
06-10-2009, 17:25
I've got the mod manager, didnt remove the script though, and it is labelled as a mod.

I've done as you recommended.
Its not crashing anymore, but it dosnt appear to have made changes (left click and Conscript ammo remains 3), also in the mod manager is lists it has a conflict with 'main, pacth'

Do you have to start a new campain for changes to make effect?

Prussian to the Iron
06-10-2009, 18:57
you should; this is how it has been with all previous games.

Abokasee
06-11-2009, 07:10
Awww, shame that conscripts arn't in the Custom Battle selector, although this being a TW game is should be easy to make the above statement false! (My post, not yours John)

pevergreen
06-11-2009, 10:04
Changes as a rule, should be tested in a new campaign, the system which retains playability is unknown. Most likely it is as CA say, which is you need to start a new campaign to get all the benefits.

Abokasee
06-11-2009, 16:50
Ok I've done a new campaign, and allowed conscripts to be recruited in early stages...

I started off as the UP (United Provinces) and I could recruit Conscripts, but the changes of the ammo etc didnt seem to take affect.

Prussian to the Iron
06-11-2009, 19:19
hmmmmmmmmm......................................

Megas Methuselah
06-12-2009, 07:53
hmmmmmmmmm......................................

Yes, that's very helpful.

Anyways, to make a unit recruitable in the custom battles, you have to edit the units_tables.