PDA

View Full Version : How do you Mod Platoon Fire

Luddite
06-11-2009, 12:39
I am tired of watching my units getting shot to pieces while they reform to fire. It is especially galling when these are supposed to be my nations finest and it doesn't occur to them to reform when stationary, but merely patiently wait until the enemy is in range before bothering to react, by which time 20-25% lay dead and bleeding due to rank fire before a shot is fired.

Currently I have disabled PF in the tech tree, but would prefer to keep it active. Is there anyway to either:

1. Stop the unit reforming at all;
2. Make them auto - reform when stationary (but not in melee);
3. Increase their reaction range so they anticipate units approaching.

Thanks in advance.

Schiltrom
07-13-2009, 11:51
The only advice I can give is get rid of platoon fire altogether, In my opinion, rank firing is far more efficient. I'm not sure how to do it, but I know it can be done.

A Very Super Market
07-13-2009, 23:15
In an even match, (As even as a Guards vs. LF match can get) platoon fire ends up winning, with around 40 more men. The continous fire will wittle down the LF while they reload, and while rank fire will take out quite a bit of men in the first few seconds, the attrition will build up.

Megas Methuselah
07-15-2009, 04:44
I find rank-fire is better for taking out fast-moving cavalry. I really hate platoon fire in most situations.

Hooahguy
07-15-2009, 05:09
there are a few mods over at TWC that deal with platoon fire and they either make it much better or remove it.

for starters, heres the Radious mod pack. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272409)
look towards the bottom of the first post. you will see a radious_fire mod. as you can probably tell, thats the one that removes platoon fire, but id encourage you to check out the other mods he did. theyre quite good.