PDA

View Full Version : mongols

clev98
06-23-2009, 17:30
i have vanilla mod and patch 1.2 installed. i wonder why i havent encountered mongol and timunid. what should be the tirgger :help:

FactionHeir
06-23-2009, 18:27
128-144 years in for mongols and 288-304 years in for timurids. Just about same as unmodded.

clev98
06-24-2009, 21:18
im at 1246 ad already and mongols hasnt arrived yet. will they caome before gun powder era

FactionHeir
06-25-2009, 00:18
I already replied to your PM that you sent me earlier today.

clev98
06-25-2009, 04:37
i dont receive any.. i am really confused til now why i havent seen them

FactionHeir
06-25-2009, 08:58
Because its on your second account:

idunno what happend its already 1246 but still i dont have mongols. i have them once but then ive finished the game several time and i havent experienced mongols again

1246 is 166 years in, that means they should have come already. Are you sure you never got the mongol video this time? Can you toggle_fow in console and check if they are anywhere? (They should be in Russia I think)

If not, check your descr_events file in your VanillaMod folder's many subfolders and find the mongol_invasion trigger and the numbers next to them. Are they the same as per the ones I posted?

If so, then the last resort is to turn on error logging (there's a thread describing how, might even be in my original included VanillaMod.cfg) and start a new campaign (don't save it, just start it to generate code) and then end it and read the errorlog. Its possible there was a compiler error somewhere when you started your current campaign resulting in events not playing. On that note, have you had any other historical events show up?

clev98
06-26-2009, 11:49
im really confused, anyways ill try to reinstall. tnx other events i know are americas, yes they pop up and show up. only emergent factions i havent seen

clev98
06-26-2009, 11:51
can i send you my auto save?

Corle
12-07-2009, 12:48
Hi, first of all thank you for this mod. Its going perfect as long as i have played it. I played a campaing until 1350 more or less, but i didnt like to get mongols in turn 2 and timurids in turn 4; with patch 0.93. I installed the 0.93b and went to change the turns/year, so i used the 0.5 value. My question is that; should i change x4 every date in the time frame events? For example a date that is showing 56 turns in the 2 years per turn, should i put then 224 turns? Wich is the event that sets the end of the game ? and at what year? Thank you.

xoid
12-16-2009, 08:35
…turns/year, so i used the 0.5 value…should i change x4 every date in the time frame events? For example…56 turns…should I put then 224 turns?
The values in descr_events.txt are years, not turns, and the game automatically adjusts for that. (The only reason people change this is due to a mixture of impatience and disregard for accuracy.)

If you are going for historical accuracy you are going to have to change export_descr_ancillaries.txt instead—multiply turn numbers on the relevant ancillaries' triggers by four. Search for I_TurnNumber and be prepared to waste some time.

You may also wish to change descr_missions.txt, in order to ensure you get missions with the same frequency per year (for same frequency per turn, leave this file as-is). For the latter search for exclude_duration and multiply by four. Note: this will make the game harder in some ways, and easier in others because you will literally be getting missions only 25% as often as before.

Finally, if you can be bothered, there is a single line in export_descr_guilds.txt you may want to change. Search for I_TurnNumber and multiply by four.

Wich [sic] is the event that sets the end of the game ? and at what year? Thank you.

There is no end-the-game event perse—this is dealt with automatically by the year you set for enddate in descr_strat.txt.