PDA

View Full Version : Post 1.3 CTDs

Tomisama
06-30-2009, 00:18
Let’s talk about crashes to desktop “after” the 1.3 update (without bashing CA please).

I experienced three yesterday alone, this was not happening before the latest patch, and I wondered if this was now a common experience?

Any clues as to why, and what might be done to make these less likely to happen?

AggonyDuck
06-30-2009, 00:38
Yup, they're very common, especially in larger games. Currently the percentage of unfinished 4v4's after the patch is around 50%.

KrooK
07-01-2009, 10:20
i have heard its because of elite units of the west
if they are not being used - its better

btw "without bashing CA" - might be problem - maybe they like being bashed

NihilisticCow
07-01-2009, 10:55
I doubt it's because of the DLC units, doesn't really make any kind of logical sense, they're just units like other units (if they were causing it all other units would surely cause it too). Barely see any games with them anyhow, it just sounds like people trying to come up with a reason to ban them and of course there is the placebo effect.

The only thing I've noticed with the CTD is grouping and ungrouping (especially quickly) seems to cause crashes on occasion. I've minimised doing that (well I just don't ungroup after the start) for the time being and I rarely crash now (still happens, just less commonly).

Jochi Khan
07-01-2009, 13:29
Every game I was in last night peoiple were randomly having CTD. player xxxxx has left the game.

It was not the same player each time so cannot put it down to an individual player being responsible.

All games were 4 v 4.

Must add, I have not, as yet, had a CTD.

KrooK
07-02-2009, 12:28
my friend found that when he bans special units (as in battle rule) he stopped crashing

Tomisama
07-03-2009, 21:28
Empire: Total War Update Released
July 1, 2009, 12:40 pm - Valve - Product Update
Updates to Empire: Total War have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Empire: Total War

Land Battles: Fixed exit crash which could occur when grouping/ungrouping

Grand Campaign - Settlement battle: Fixed instances of invisible deployable defenses
May help :yes: