PDA

View Full Version : How to change the cost of units and buildings?

cheetah772
07-10-2009, 21:07
Hello,

After putting a lot of effort in looking for the right mod tools, at last I am able to use them.

However, I am not sure where I can find a file that lists all the cost of units and buildings. I would change the cost as to make units a bit more cheap. I really have no desire to mod the game, all I want is to dial down the ridiculous cost I'm forced to pay for training new units.

As the grand campaign progresses, I've noticed that it gets tougher to finance large armies, and there are only a limited number of trade slots and I cannot raise taxes to high levels. After a while, I got bogged down in building defenses and improving buildings to ensure my technological and military superiority.

This is why I want to change the cost in the next grand campaign, so I can have huge armies roaming freely through Europe and other theaters in the world. ;)

Dan

Mailman653
07-11-2009, 04:10
pevrgreen might be able to answer you. I don't really know where you can find the building information.

Hooahguy
07-14-2009, 15:37
you may want to look at the Lethal Mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249960) or the Check and Mate Mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244799). but beware- the check and mate mod isnt updated to the 1.3 patch yet, which is a shame.

pevergreen
07-15-2009, 01:03
Woop woop da shoop, I'm here, never fear.

Now, I can't give 100% accurate answers right now, as I'm at work, but bear with me and I'll try to remember.

Open what now would be patch_en.pack and look for....ah bugger, I can't remember.

Its one of the files in my vanilla mod, I know that. Give me 10 hours and i can tell you

pevergreen
07-15-2009, 10:32
All right.

Using pack file manager, navigate to patch.pack, then choose 'db' the 'building_levels_tables'. In that will be a cost column, as well as build time and so on.

for units, instead of building levels tables, go to 'unit_tables' then to edit to cost, edit the 'cost' column. Other ones are MP costs, which will not let you play MP.

editing the unit db at all may prevent you from launching MP, so as always, I reccomend using mod manager.

:bow:

Slaists
07-28-2009, 14:10
All right.

Using pack file manager, navigate to patch.pack, then choose 'db' the 'building_levels_tables'. In that will be a cost column, as well as build time and so on.

for units, instead of building levels tables, go to 'unit_tables' then to edit to cost, edit the 'cost' column. Other ones are MP costs, which will not let you play MP.

editing the unit db at all may prevent you from launching MP, so as always, I reccomend using mod manager.

:bow:

hey there

Since 1.3 I seem not able to open unit_db with my pack manager. has anything changed in the file structure with 1.3?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, for unit cots, should I edit patch.pack or patch_en.pack?

pevergreen
07-29-2009, 00:06
patch.pack

I don't know why it won't let you, it let me and I havent updated my PFM since version 1.

Shadow_Wolf33
08-07-2009, 22:45
I can whip up a mod for you in about 5 minutes that reduces the upkeep cost for all units to zero, that way the only cost involved in the unit is the initial investment. Your 'monthly bills' for standing armies is what really obliterates your treasury, so just no unit upkeep will make a world of difference financially.

If you're interested just PM me and I can create it for you, and send it to you.

Servius
08-11-2009, 23:53
The Pack File Manager will no longer let you do anything with dbs. It directs you to a link to download a stand-alone DB Editor, but the link is broken (404 error). The sticky-posted thread on the DB Editor takes you to a page that says it has been discontinued and instead integrated into the aforementioned PFM...

pevergreen
08-12-2009, 01:46
really?

download an earlier version of PFM.

Servius
08-12-2009, 15:20
can you provide a link? This is my first foray into ETW modding/tools so I don't have a clue where to find such things on my own.

pevergreen
08-12-2009, 23:13
I'm not sure if there is one.

I'll upload my version tonight.

Servius
08-13-2009, 14:33
Awesome, thanks! Please post a link once it's available.

pevergreen
08-14-2009, 10:12
http://www.filefront.com/14281429/PFM.rar

There we go. :beam:

Servius
08-14-2009, 16:24
Awesome, it works, thanks! I'll update my economy tool now with the current building costs.

pevergreen
08-15-2009, 00:58
No problem.

I live to serve all believers.

(I play way too much Warcraft 3 >_>)