PDA

View Full Version : An Idea!!!

nitsuj
08-18-2009, 02:08
Just throwing this out there. I'm not sure if this was already done with any total war games or not. What i've noticed about a great deal of games is that they lack freedom. Yes, its fine playing with the factions in the game BUT what if I wanted to take my OWN empire to glory? What if the player was given the ability to create their own faction, so much as naming it, choosing a color, designing flags, choosing what style of armies, navies and structures they have, and also choosing where they start out (given there are rebel settlments on the map). How would that do in say, Empire: Total War or even the other versions?

pevergreen
08-18-2009, 04:18
I don't know if thats even possible, but it would require so much work...its unthinkable...

:jawdrop:

Mailman653
08-18-2009, 04:31
Seems almost like having to create a whole new game around that concept. AFAIK, no TW game has had modded into it something to what your proposing.

But it is a pretty cool suggestion.

pevergreen
08-18-2009, 05:57
I guess you could do it by a whole lot of forms, but it would be a massive undertaking.

Beskar
08-22-2009, 04:21
I got an idea how you could do it.

You could make an emergent faction/Horde (in BI:TW) and you use a problem which can automatically edit the code, so you can give it a name, etc. (like the turn changer)

A possibility, anyway.

pevergreen
08-22-2009, 11:48
I was thinking a fully fledged input program where it just asks you for everything then populates the files and creates the mod package.

Alsatia
08-24-2009, 09:22
Now that's a good idea!

jezzicaz789
02-10-2010, 10:48
Now that's a good idea!
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

NorthernMonkey
02-12-2010, 15:01
I've actually had this same thought. It would be flippin' awesome if it was done, if it's even possible.