PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 AI selling regions

Servius
10-05-2009, 20:32
I've noticed a big increase in the instances of the AI selling regions to other nations. What often seems to initiate this is...

a) The region is usually not the faction capital.
b) The region has an enemy army in it.
c) The AI nation knows it will likely lose the region to the enemy army in the next turn.

Three times in my current game, I've invaded a region, but not had enough movement points to reach the region capital, and during the AI turn, it sold the region to another AI faction, which forced a "strategic withdrawl" that kicked my army out of the region.

So far, all instances I've experience, the region was sold to a nation I was not currently at war with, but that could be ramdon chance since I'm no longer at war with the majority of factions (THANK YOU CA!!). In addition, the faction that took over the region has never been close by. For example, the Barbary Pirates sold Tunisia to Prussia and Algeria to Genoa. Genoa makes sense I guess, but Prussia didn't. United Provinces also sold one of the Guianas to Maratha and France sold Savoy to Poland.

I raise this issue for two reasons. First, I'm wondering if anyone else's experiences have matched what I've seen or been different. Second, I'd like CA, if/when they get the chance, to see if there's a way to tweak the decision that determines which factions gets these regions to make them more historically plausible. The Prussia/Tunisia, Maratha/Guiana, and Poland/Savoy examples are what I'm talking about.

I also have no idea if this behavior has changed in 1.5. I'll post back if it has.