PDA

View Full Version : Voulgier

Gray_Lensman
10-14-2009, 05:07
FactionHeir:

Perusing your version of export_descr_unit.txt, I happened to be checking the Pikemen formation fixes and noticed that the Voulgier units' formations stats were not altered as the other Pike equipped units were. I did notice that you had adjusted the spear_bonus_4 to spear_bonus_6 however. Was this an oversight or intentional?

(No argument, just curious if it was an oversight).... I see that you did in fact alter several other stats also so it was probably intentional, but since it was a long_pike weapon attibute I thought I'd ask to be sure.

FactionHeir
10-14-2009, 08:59
Hi Gray_Lensman,

Yes that was intentional as I gave them 10 initially in my tests and noticed they were rather too effective for their price against cavalry and the French already get Pikemen later on. They also aren't true pikemen (they have shorter pikes) but the long_pike attribute was needed for them to be able to form a spearwall.

See Voulgiers as a medium infantry unit good against some lighter infantry and against cavalry in melee.

They fare much better against infantry than pikemen, but worse against cavalry in charges.

Gray_Lensman
10-14-2009, 15:35
Hi Gray_Lensman,

Yes that was intentional as I gave them 10 initially in my tests and noticed they were rather too effective for their price against cavalry and the French already get Pikemen later on. They also aren't true pikemen (they have shorter pikes) but the long_pike attribute was needed for them to be able to form a spearwall.

See Voulgiers as a medium infantry unit good against some lighter infantry and against cavalry in melee.

They fare much better against infantry than pikemen, but worse against cavalry in charges.

Cool. I pretty much thought you hadn't really overlooked it. Thanks.