PDA

View Full Version : difficulty levels?

Fisherking
10-22-2009, 08:33
Where do you find the modifiers for the difficulty levels in the Grand Campaign?

Is there also a way to see how they affect the diplomacy and attitudes of AI factions?

pevergreen
10-22-2009, 08:59
There is, the modifiers are in quite a few .db files

Check the main.pack and go through a few. More when I have time to elaborate.

Fisherking
10-22-2009, 09:15
Well, thanks!

But I can’t even find the game on my computer and when I lunched a search the game started!:embarassed:

:shame:

Where do I start?
:sweatdrop:

pevergreen
10-22-2009, 09:23
Operating system?

wherever you installed steam, it will be steam/steamapps/common/empire total war

i presume you have Pack File Manager already installed? If not, you will need it, and I definately recommend getting Mod Manager, if you have not done so.

Fisherking
10-22-2009, 10:48
Thanks!

Do I need the apps just to view the files and find the modifiers that effect each difficulty level?

pevergreen
10-22-2009, 11:57
Indeed you do.

E:TW does what M2:TW did, it puts all the data in .pack files, to streamline loading and data access.

In doing so, the R:TW method of just editing files is no longer valid.

Pack File Manager (PFM) allows you to have a look inside the .pack files and it names everything that we know. Other columns can be worked out (quite a few) and its the best way currently to modify or check anything.

mrjade06
02-22-2010, 08:55
where do I go to get this PFM and mod manager? I know this is a old thread but I was hoping for some help

pevergreen
02-22-2010, 11:01
http://www.filefront.com/14281429/PFM.rar/

That is the version of PFM that I use. Its a bit old, but i think it has some stuff the newer ones dont. And probably doesnt have a lot that the new ones have as well.

Mod Manager:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335

Simple google search my friend. (Whereas I uploaded that version of PFM for another person a while back)