PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Warlords

edyzmedieval
11-08-2009, 14:49
I was wondering if anyone is still working on SW, and if we can expect a new version any time in the future.

I just downloaded Beta 8 and installed the packs and everything, giving it a try tonight. Wish me luck! :book:

Puzz3D
11-10-2009, 14:29
I intend to finish a complete set of castle maps for the campaign, but I haven't worked on them for quite some time. I have one complete set of castles on a flat map, and am trying to come up with a reasonable playbalance before making different topographical maps for these castles. I've had to greatly simplify the interior of the castles due to poor path finding by the AI.

There is a problem to be solved which causes the default, non-castle map to be used instead of a castle map in some situations. This is happening because the game is looking for a map specification that doesn't exist. I have yet to identify the missing map type.

My suggestion for a better campaign gameplay is to eliminate the crossbow unit type, the kensai unit type and the ships. The crossbow and kensai are unblanced units, and the AI doesn't know how to use ships.

edyzmedieval
11-11-2009, 18:25
Looking forward to seeing your work on my monitor, Puzz-san. :bow: