PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon: Total War will be released on 23rd February

Monsieur Alphonse
01-14-2010, 16:27
12th January:

Hi guys,

In addition to the new Blog posted today, I'm pleased to announce that Napoleon: Total War will be released on 23rd February 2010.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)

I hope that some of you will buy it and tell the rest of us how good or how bad it is.

rvg
01-14-2010, 18:10
Is it an expansion or a stand-alone game?

Monsieur Alphonse
01-14-2010, 18:32
It is a stand alone expansion. You don't need ETW to run the game, but a lot of features will be from ETW.

Peasant Phill
01-14-2010, 22:21
It is a stand alone expansion. You don't need ETW to run the game, but a lot of features will be from ETW.

Meaning it'll run on it's own but with half its features missing until you play it with ETW?

Fisherking
01-14-2010, 22:48
From what CA said in a couple of articles it may be the other way around and NTW will add content to ETW.

Napoleon will also integrate into Empire, adding units and new tech trees appropriately as the timeline progresses (Eurogamer article) and upgrading it with the new engine (Gamespot article).

Also the poll for mod tools? Well it seems the game has a Uniform Editor!:book:

:wall:The blindness of some people! :no: Why didn't more of you vote for map editor? :inquisitive:

:oops::sweatdrop:

I think the catch is that you have to buy NTW for that to happen...

:dizzy2:

Megas Methuselah
01-14-2010, 23:18

:wall:The blindness of some people! :no: Why didn't more of you vote for map editor? :inquisitive:

:wall::wall::wall:

pevergreen
01-14-2010, 23:34
Napoleon will also integrate into Empire, adding units and new tech trees appropriately as the timeline progresses (Eurogamer article) and upgrading it with the new engine (Gamespot article).

Really...hmmm.

Owen Glyndwr
01-15-2010, 00:53

It's a start! It's a start! My hope is there will be more mod tools to come!!

The way I see it is thus: They knew a lot of people wanted the modding tools, so they put up the mod, not as a way to figure out which one mod tool to release, but which one to prioritize to placate modders while they get to work on the rest of them. I hope I'm right, but I have a feeling it might just be wishful thinking.

Belgolas
01-15-2010, 02:23
dang whished a map editor would be released but a uniform editor is a small start.

Megas Methuselah
01-15-2010, 05:45
I'm actually going to buy this, if only for the additional features added to empires and the small sliver of a hope for more mod tools.

But only when the price goes down. :smile:

Miracle
01-15-2010, 06:57
I'm going to wait until maybe a month after release and then hear what you guinea pigs early adopters have to say. If the game is rubbish, then my relationship with CA is over. If it's good, then I might fancy buying it, even if I have to pay full price and miss out on some fancy pre-order units. Eventually they'll release it as part of a palette swap elite unit DLC anyway.

Crazed Rabbit
01-15-2010, 06:58
It's a start! It's a start! My hope is there will be more mod tools to come!!

And I want to win the lottery. Which I probably have a higher chance of, even with the obstacle of not actually buying any tickets.

Didn't they say we would have mod tools with ETW? Or that it'd be easy to mod? Now tell me - how much of that is true?

CR

Owen Glyndwr
01-15-2010, 08:58
And I want to win the lottery. Which I probably have a higher chance of, even with the obstacle of not actually buying any tickets.

Didn't they say we would have mod tools with ETW? Or that it'd be easy to mod? Now tell me - how much of that is true?

CR

Now don't get me down, I'm as much of a CA skeptic as you are CR. I'm just saying it's a start. I'll give them general vagueries with "most moddable". But now they've stuck themselves down with is specific tool. If that's not in on release, I say let loose the floodgates of complaint.

As for my above suggestion, that's more the wishful thinking of an on again off again optimist.

Durallan
01-15-2010, 10:40
Being one of the guinea pigs as so described, I will let you guys know what I think of it when I gets it, if this is as dissapointing as ETW then my CA game buying days are over, but we shall see, they may have learnt their lessons, at anyrate by the sounds of it its going to be a while yet before we find out the facts

antisocialmunky
01-15-2010, 14:28
Its ~$20 USD correct?

Durallan
01-15-2010, 15:02
Only in the parallell magical universe where the australian currency is 5 AUD = 1 USD and trees are rooted to the sky and if you don't hold onto the ground you fall into the sky, and where everyone waits for the day the sky falls on their head.

Husar
01-15-2010, 16:51
20EUR (http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Napoleon-Total-War-PC/NAPTOTWARPC/product.htm) :laugh4:

At that price I'm actually considering it, if it actually adds something to ETW etc.
But I'll probably wait until after release regardless.

Megas Methuselah
01-15-2010, 23:25
20EUR (http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Napoleon-Total-War-PC/NAPTOTWARPC/product.htm) :laugh4:

At that price I'm actually considering it, if it actually adds something to ETW etc.

Yeah, that is a good price...

antisocialmunky
01-16-2010, 01:09

Which translates to $20 USD since they never bothered to change the costs overseas.:laugh4:

Monsieur Alphonse
01-16-2010, 01:13
According to steam the prices will be: standard edition €39.99 and imperial edition €49.99. If you want to have it for €20 you will have to wait for some weekend sales or just a couple of months.

Durallan
01-16-2010, 02:08
Game prices in australia are a rort they really are. Someones damn well price fixing!

Husar
01-16-2010, 04:59
According to steam the prices will be: standard edition €39.99 and imperial edition €49.99. If you want to have it for €20 you will have to wait for some weekend sales or just a couple of months.

Or follow my link and pay the 20€ plus 1.15€ for shipping outside the UK.
At Steam you're just getting ripped off, wouldn't take their prices as reference.

antisocialmunky
01-16-2010, 16:15
I still have a gift card $10 for me!