PDA

View Full Version : Mud/Red Units

HelpGetter
02-12-2010, 21:19
Hi there hopefully someone can help me with this problem, I have searched the forum and I can't get a definitive solution:

I created a new Crimean unit based off the Pandours using this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5872674#post5872674
And textured them using this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4715558#post4715558

The unit uses the Pandours model with the units own texture: khan_musket
The directory I pointed to in the new warscape_animated was: Unitmodels/Textures/khan_musket
These are all contained in a .pack file as I wish to share with my friend, the entire Unitmodels/Textures folder is added

Despite these the textures have come up all muddy, so I guess maybe its to do with the editing I've done in Paint Shop Pro 7. I converted the images to the .tga format then opened them in psp7 in the diffuse I deleted a small section of the alpha channel so the units capes would not show. I then used the GIMP 2.0 to convert these back to .dds

Now after this my .dds to .tga convertor stopped working so I just opened the gloss file in GIMP and coloured in every channel in black. Despite this the units texture has not changed.

I realise this is very WALLOFTEXTWALLOFTEXT but I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this problem and have given all the information I can think of

Thanks, HelpGetter

pevergreen
02-13-2010, 05:00
I'd love to help, but graphics aren't my area.

Just letting you know you arent being ignored.

HelpGetter
02-13-2010, 20:38
Cheers pevergreen :)
I also posted this at the twcenter forums but its been a few days with no reply's at all :( I'm starting to wonder if anyone will
This problems so irritating, as I followed the tutorials by the letter

pevergreen
02-14-2010, 00:47
I don't really follow the how-to-do thing with the new texture, but the way you've said it makes it sound like something could have gone wrong. Might be worth redoing (and streamlining) just that part?

HelpGetter
02-16-2010, 01:19
I found out that I made a spelling mistake when directing the unit to the textures xD
All that trouble for 1 silly mistake lol thanks for your support pevergreen :)

pevergreen
02-16-2010, 01:47
Hey, I do what I can. :laugh4: