PDA

View Full Version : Can I play it?

iHelp
02-28-2010, 18:51
Can someone tell me if I can play either Napoleon or Empire? I'm not very good with computers.

Minimum (NTW):
o OS:Microsoft® Windows Vista®/XP®/Windows® 7
o Processor: 2.3 GHz CPU with SSE2
o Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista®/Windows® 7)
o Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c shader model 2b compatible GPU
o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
o Hard Drive: 15 GB free space

My stats:

-Vista
-processor: intel celeron CPU, 2.2 GHz
-memory: 2 GB RAM
-graphics: 796mb mobile intel 4 series express chipset family
-directX: version 11
-60gb free

Madoushi
02-28-2010, 19:01
From what I gather, Napoleon is better optimized than Empire.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?111612-Empire-Total-War-system-requirements/page14

If the Celeron's a single core, you might have a very hard time running Empire, as even my dual core and Radeon HD 4250 struggle with it.
I think you have a better chance with Napoleon than Empire, but upgrading to a dual core or quad would be very helpful, as would getting another GB or two of RAM.

Monsieur Alphonse
02-28-2010, 21:29
No. Your GPU (Graphics) is not good enough. And your CPU can barely or not handle it.

pevergreen
03-01-2010, 04:22
That CPU would not handle small sizes with low graphics. Its a Celeron! Low end Dual Core's have enough troubles.

Aemilius Paulus
03-01-2010, 05:40
-Vista
-60gb free
Yeah, sorry to say, and as other noted, your CPU is the weakest link. I had an AMD 2.4 GHz Athlon and M2TW was very laggy on even the medium settings. That is considering that I had 4GB of RAM. Now I have a dual-core and M2TW is fine. But for ETW, I would need a better graphics card. To top it all off, I have a XP on a computer as good as new in terms of overall health, and Vista needs twice that.

Tell ya what, if you give me your computer model, I could probably tell you what is the best CPU you can buy. Most dual-core 2.4's you can get under $70 quite easily. And I see no reason why you cannot get one more gig of RAM. The only problem is, a good graphics card will cost you dear, comparatively speaking. They cost more than most CPUs, RAM, motherboards, HDDs, or CD/DVD drives.

neoiq5719
03-01-2010, 09:40
Can someone tell me if I can play either Napoleon or Empire? I'm not very good with computers.

Minimum (NTW):
o OS:Microsoft® Windows Vista®/XP®/Windows® 7
o Processor: 2.3 GHz CPU with SSE2
o Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista®/Windows® 7)
o Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c shader model 2b compatible GPU
o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
o Hard Drive: 15 GB free space

My stats:

-Vista
-60gb free

dude dont listen to anyone, they just know how to add 2+2 that as far as they go. my system is worse than yours and it runs perfectly. The optimization of the game is so good and it can run great under the system specs they released. GET it , it´s worth it and your system will cope with it.

Madoushi
03-01-2010, 14:10
GET it , it´s worth it and your system will cope with it.

I'm talking from experience. M2 runs smooth as silk on my rig. ME2 runs decently. Empire only runs on minimum settings.
He mihgt have a shot at Napoleon (unlikely), but there's no way he'll be able to run Empire.

neoiq5719
03-01-2010, 15:30
well my system is crappier than his and empire runs pretty decent on mine and better with the optimization from the 1.5 and im sure they are gonna optimaze it even further with the 1.6 so i dont know what experience that is or what system u really have but im very impressed with the quality of the Napoleon and i have always been very critial of CA. They have finally released something "decent" for change. I would say "buy it, it´s worth it and your system will cope with it".

Madoushi
03-01-2010, 17:38
Well, I found out today Empire doesn't support multi-threading, so there is some precendent for not needing a multi core processor to run it.

I have a
2.94Ghz AMD Athlon II X2
512MB Radeon HD 4250
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
500GB Hard Drive

and to run it at 1200 resolution, I have to set it to minimum settings. Like that, it runs smoothly with no slowdown, but if I try to turn up the settings, large battles or battles in heavy rain slow down noticably.

I got it off Steam, so it came fully patched, so I can't comment on the impact of patches. It runs, and at a decent ramerate, but on minimum settings, it looks terrible, sub-MTW untill you zoom right in on something.

Comparitively, I can run MII on near max settings, and it looks beautiful and never has any slowdown.

I just find it difficult to believe you could have less than a 2.2 Ghz processor, less than 2 GB of RAM and be able to run the game well even with a really good 512 MB vidcard. If you are, that's great, what's your secret?

It's not just me, either. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?111612-Empire-Total-War-system-requirements

neoiq5719
03-01-2010, 21:06
i have a 1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2, CPU 6300 (or whatever its called), 2 GB ram on windows XP, media Center Edi. SP3 and a Gforce 8600 with 512mb and at the beginning it ran a bit crappy but then i started playing with the specs and one day decided to crank up the resolution to my surprise cos the higher the better it got. Then the patches showed up and it got even smoother and looked even better too ( higher resol) and for the system i have i can be quite happy. NOw with Napoleon the card was at medium by default and turned it up just to see how it looked and still working perfectly. I just got my ass kicked in a massive battle and really enjoyed it cos it runs very well. Secret? i have no idea, could be the OS, the graphic card?? i honestly dont know but this Napoleon is something else, in graphics and AI cos its a tough nut to crack on very high difficulty.

Madoushi
03-01-2010, 21:14
Hmmm.. maybe it's the vid card and XP.
I run Win 7, which takes more resources, but it also lets me use all my RAM, so I just don't know.

fireblade
03-02-2010, 10:28
Would I be able to run it?
Windows 7
Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 425(2.7GHz,1.5MB)
Memory : 4096MB (4x1024) 1066MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Graphics : Integrated ATI Radeon HD4200 Graphics

thanks

Madoushi
03-02-2010, 11:14
Yeah, you can run it. Don't be discouraged if the opening movie stutters a bit, set everything to minimum and if the game itself runs fairly smooth, gradually turn it up.

pevergreen
03-02-2010, 11:29
AMD cores and ATI cards confuse me.

Madoushi
03-02-2010, 12:21
As a gross generalization, they are roughly equivalent to Intels and nVidias, usually with slightly more memory and slightly lower clocks.
Technically, it varies model by model, and a lot depends on preference.

I have no preference either way. I saved some coin by going with A brands, and my hardcore FPS fan friend who builds PCs for fun swears up and down by ATI.

AggonyDuck
03-02-2010, 12:46
i have a 1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2, CPU 6300 (or whatever its called), 2 GB ram on windows XP, media Center Edi. SP3 and a Gforce 8600 with 512mb and at the beginning it ran a bit crappy but then i started playing with the specs and one day decided to crank up the resolution to my surprise cos the higher the better it got. Then the patches showed up and it got even smoother and looked even better too ( higher resol) and for the system i have i can be quite happy. NOw with Napoleon the card was at medium by default and turned it up just to see how it looked and still working perfectly. I just got my ass kicked in a massive battle and really enjoyed it cos it runs very well. Secret? i have no idea, could be the OS, the graphic card?? i honestly dont know but this Napoleon is something else, in graphics and AI cos its a tough nut to crack on very high difficulty.

Actually your computer is better than iHelp's, so it isn't that surprising that you can run the game.

neoiq5719
03-02-2010, 14:02
is 1.8 not 2.2 like he has
http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/5177/5177143-holder-fc2936ccbfbb6ca1efa13d3716fc15a2.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=5177143&showlnk=0)

Monsieur Alphonse
03-02-2010, 16:41
is 1.8 not 2.2 like he has
http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/5177/5177143-holder-fc2936ccbfbb6ca1efa13d3716fc15a2.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=5177143&showlnk=0)

Yes but he has a Celeron which is a CPU for working with Office or browsing the internet. And the OP has an integrated Intel graphics chip which is also only good enough for browsing the internet and working with office.

iHelp
03-11-2010, 17:07
Just a little update. I bought N:TW just a few days ago; the game runs perfectly, the only lag I get is in my battles, and it's not enough to hamper the experience (although I've always been more of a campaign person). But anyway, this game is very fun. It'll go right next to EUIII as one of my games to play every day. :P

neoiq5719
03-12-2010, 07:31
told ya

Atlas
06-13-2014, 01:07
hello ladies and gentlemen, I wanna ask ya something about, the ability to playing Total war rome 2 reloaded game with these settings:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6570 @ 2.10GHz

Video Card 1 Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video Card 2 Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Memory 2.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

(soon i'll buy a new video card for my hp 620 notebook laptop, (I want replace intel if possible with nvidia), and with one condition, I need a video card compatible with my pc, and powerful one, which I can use to play big games in good conditions like total war rome 2, COD-MW4, euro truck simulator and so on...so help me please , thank ya :) )

Fisherking
06-19-2014, 22:54
I would not bet on it.

Sp4
07-03-2014, 18:02
Less than likely.