PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY Unwrapping NTW Emperors Edtn! (& Bioshock 2 Special Edtn!)

Durallan
03-04-2010, 13:59
Okay! YAY! I finally got to to unwrap these beauties and take pictars of them aswell! Sorry it took so long but I just didn't get time to do it till today, so without much further ado (well maybe a bit), okay, I won't link to the pictures on here just because there are so many of them. Also, To explain the photoey website I used, it has three versions of the photo when you click on it, [320 x ....],[800 x ....](rough sizes) and finally the original file size for those with better connections. I would also like to apologise for the Depth of Field in some of the photos, just because I have a DSLR and there isn't much I can do about that. Anyway warnings aside, time to stare!

The Napoleon Total War Emperors Edition!
Just a BY THE WAY: the Empire Total War Special Forces edition did NOT come with the emperors edition! I just used it as a size reference for everyone! :)

http://www.pict.com/album/47639/4d0a8d411f

Some Notes about the unwrapping:
As you can see its in a very stylish packaging, it comes with the Imperial edition stacked on top and everything is seperated by layers of black foam. Below the imperial edition is the very nice Napoleon war diary, which is bound in very nice leather! not only does it include the little diary but it also has a nice pocket! for a compass, bottle of whiskey, or maybe its where napoleon stashed his cheese....

After the diary comes the fairly decently sized Napoleon Statuette. Its not porcelain but it still is a fragile plastic mould (the guys at the store I went to had a copy of the emperors edition you could look at, and well one of them broke one of the legs off the poor horsie!(but he handled it roughly)) so handle with care. It isn't the most perfectly painted statue and there seemed to be a liitle bit of paint on the plastic wrapping that got on napoleons nice red cape, so I imagine he will be very angry with them for ruining his cape, and lastly on the bottom of the statuette is a little imprint of the words Napoleon Total War.

all around its a very nice package and much better than a stainless steel whikey canteen that you can't drink out of. :P

Due to a Special Request by someone on the forums, I have also included the Bioshock 2 Special Edition unwrapping aswell! I shall let it speak for itself but sufficed to say it is a beautifully presented package and is done very nicely!

http://www.pict.com/album/47638/b57ed6e8b7

I hope you enjoy looking at the shineys and please post a comment when you have looked at them!

Just in case any CA employee's read this, I treasure them both equally ;)

Fisherking
03-04-2010, 17:56
Thanks for all your extra effort! :)

Ethelred Unread
03-04-2010, 21:03
Thanks man! Hope to see you on a drop in battle soon!

edyzmedieval
03-08-2010, 08:46
I hate you for having the Emperor's Edition.

It's so unfair. ~:(

Durallan
03-09-2010, 00:05
Awww! I'm sorry! I'd have bought all the oldtimers on the orgah a copy of it if I was a rich bugger living the lap of luxury, but i'm not, I hads to saves up for it so, I'm sorry! I didn't do it to makes peoples jealous or upset but some peeps mentioned they wanted to see it so I took some piccies while I unwrapped it ^.^