PDA

View Full Version : Large Mafia Game Beefdom will rise once more

Beefy187
03-06-2010, 02:01
Large game
I'm good to go any time. But preferably before April.

Story

Many years passed since the events of Noble Sons II. The powers which survived the mess formed a strong alliance, forging a unified Consulate of Pizza honoring the two major powers of the alliance.

After a years of peace under the reign of the two consulates, lords, barons and various rulers of the region, it is now the time for election for new consulates.

At the same time, rebellion arises. One who claims to be the heir of Beefdom. Country which once was a super power of this island under the leadership of King Yoyoma the first. Their army strength, funds and organization clearly indicates one of the regional rulers... Perhaps more then one is aiding the rebellion.

Peace was about to become the things in the past. Will the regional rulers overcome this crisis? Or will the rebels succeed to overthrow the current power and establish the new Beefdom?

Settings
This game borrows its features from various famous Org games.
Inspired by God Father- By Silver Rush. Later by GH
-At the start of the game, one player will be selected as the God Father. Who will pick two players of their choice who will serve the God Father as Grunts.
- Mafia will lose if God Father is lynched regardless of the Grunts survival.
- Host will do the write ups. Instead of mafias.

From Various games
- On the first day phase, two consulates will be chosen via public votes. They will be granted with extra strength.
- The two leading candidate will become the two consulates. However, if one player gets more then 70 percent of the vote, he will become the dictator.

Inspired from Medieval Mafia by Thermal Mercury
- Each player starts with one strengths. This reflects their regions strength.
-Consulates gets four extra strength (5 total) and the dictator will get 9 (10 total)
- Mafia may only kill players who has equal or lower strengths. Two grunts each can have a kill, or combine their strength to kill a player. God Father can only assist the grunts until he is the last mafia remaining.
- Strengths also reflects how many votes that player can use. So while normal players starts with 1 votes, Consulate can cast 5 votes on same or different players.
- During the night, players may go to war with a player of his choice. If that players strength is below his, the attacker will gain all his strength, while the defender loses his vote (but he is not dead)
- Players may also join other players war (combines strength with the offender) or assist the defender (combines strength with defender).
- Strengths can be traded. Except Consulate and Dictator must keep their original strength.
- If the Consulate or a Dictator is lynched, killed or loses a war. Another election will be held.

Inspired from NotW games in Civ Fanatics
- Votes will be held for lynched players strength during the day phase simultaneously with the lynch votes. Who ever gets the most votes will get the lynched players strength.

To help the town a bit
-Host will hint the players when both grunts are lynched via write up.

Rules
-Normal mafia rules apply. No Pm quoting allowed.

I am looking for many players I could get :bow:
If any one is interested in the game, or not sure about what I'm talking about or wants to suggest me about balancing I m open for discussion. and possibly tweaking the game a bit.

Centurion1
03-06-2010, 02:04
So there are only three mafia? interesting idea though......

Beefy187
03-06-2010, 02:09
Yup. Right now it seems a bit hard for the town, but if we can have many players signed up that won't be the case.
I was planning to add a detective as well, but they seem to be unpopular around here so I'm not sure.

Centurion1
03-06-2010, 03:34
isnt three mafia a small number for a large game? im intrigued to sayt he least, my balancing attempts are novice

Beefy187
03-06-2010, 06:15
Perhaps. But since there is no detective or special roles, mafia not revealed upon death and God Father being able to choose his grunts (Better team work and understanding of the team tactics) the mafia has a decent chance of winning.

Would still be tough for the mafia but we came pretty close in God Father III which had the similar set up.

Secura
03-06-2010, 11:29
So what sort of numbers are you looking at? Thirty? Forty? I'm guessing relatively high numbers, because otherwise you could have your Dictator simply swaying every single vote without challenge. I guess that might be the point though? :3

I like the idea of a game that doesn't have any special roles, it's going to require alot more thinking and deduction than simply going "lol investigate Pizza plz nite 1". The mafia is going to have a difficult time of it for sure, but this should even things up in their favour as you've already stated.

Just a question about the Grunts though; if the Godfather loses them both, is he able to recruit more? It seems as though he's heavily neutered if they both die, that's all.

I like the look of this, at any rate, and hopefully should have cleared up my games to commit to it. :3

Centurion1
03-06-2010, 16:31
Perhaps. But since there is no detective or special roles, mafia not revealed upon death and God Father being able to choose his grunts (Better team work and understanding of the team tactics) the mafia has a decent chance of winning.

Would still be tough for the mafia but we came pretty close in God Father III which had the similar set up.

true being able to choose your friends and also no special townies drastically changes things

Beefy187
03-07-2010, 00:59
So what sort of numbers are you looking at? Thirty? Forty? I'm guessing relatively high numbers, because otherwise you could have your Dictator simply swaying every single vote without challenge. I guess that might be the point though? :3

I like the idea of a game that doesn't have any special roles, it's going to require alot more thinking and deduction than simply going "lol investigate Pizza plz nite 1". The mafia is going to have a difficult time of it for sure, but this should even things up in their favour as you've already stated.

Just a question about the Grunts though; if the Godfather loses them both, is he able to recruit more? It seems as though he's heavily neutered if they both die, that's all.

I like the look of this, at any rate, and hopefully should have cleared up my games to commit to it. :3

I always enjoy a bit of classical mafia from time to times.

Once the God Father loses both grunts, he will be able to start killing him self. But he won't be able to recruit more.

true being able to choose your friends and also no special townies drastically changes things

Indeed. We could have Tincow, Sasaki and Andres all on the same team. I tremble in fear.

Centurion1
03-07-2010, 02:15
Once the God Father loses both grunts, he will be able to start killing him self. But he won't be able to recruit more.

sort of like capo with the dons on a smaller scale.

Beefy187
03-07-2010, 02:36
Precisely.

By the way, responding to Securas question about number of players, I'm hoping for over 40 players but I never had that much luck in the past. So I'll be satisfied with what ever number I'll get. If I get below the number, I'll just tweak the consulate/dictator and it will all be fine.

Thermal
03-07-2010, 03:15
isnt three mafia a small number for a large game? im intrigued to sayt he least, my balancing attempts are novice

I'm no expert either, but I think three should be fine, I'm assuming mafia will be able to work together, which would give them some massive perks.

I've tried 3 mafia in a smaller game that has some similar features, I couldn't begin to tell you how mafia biased it is lol.

I trust beefy to make it amazing anyway :wink:

White_eyes:D
03-07-2010, 20:27
The Godfather 3.....good times, good times:mellow:

Went 8 rounds with only 1 kill.....Mafia are kinda spoiled whenever I look back at that game.

This looks good but try to get the rules straight(I didn't go to jail and me and Yoyoma had a BIG fallout that was getting pretty tense)....I remember the first Beefdom game...fun but was total chaos:beam:

Beefy187
03-08-2010, 00:27
Haha yea. I will try to get all the rules clearer so everyone knows exactly whats going on.
I'm glad everyone enjoyed Noble Sons I even though it was a total failure:laugh4:

Askthepizzaguy
05-06-2010, 11:02
I want you to know I'm interested in this game, Beefy. Like "TheFlax" interested. :beam:

Beefy187
05-06-2010, 11:49
Excellent :2thumbsup:
Soon as the mods gives me the go sign, I'll get the sign up started.

Double A
05-07-2010, 00:55
vote: Beefy!

WHOOO!

Romanic
05-07-2010, 03:26
vote: Beefy!

WHOOO!

Can you believe this guy? He's voting in games that haven't started yet, but he forgets to vote in active games. :inquisitive:

Beefy187
05-07-2010, 09:44
And he's voting the host... Yes he needs some spanking :clown:

atheotes
05-12-2010, 23:40
in :bow: