PDA

View Full Version : Versailles Unit Guide v1.02 for NTW

Patriot
03-08-2010, 02:29
Versailles Unit Guide v1.02 for NTW available from Filefront (http://www.filefront.com/15770913/Versailles-v1-02NTW.pdf/)

A few quick notes:

Includes stats for every multiplayer unit in the game, including pre-order and elite units.

This info was taken from version 1.0.0 of Napoleon Total War

This is of course an unofficial document

Unit Sizes are from Ultra setting

Cost displayed is for Multiplayer cost

Sorry no ships yet or Single player

Props go to brandybarrel and be sure to check out Le Fusil

Enjoy and please contact me with any errors or suggestions

-Patriot*

Single player tables are next up on the list, I'll get to those in the coming days.

Updates for v1.02

Prettier pictures!
Replaced Portugal Flag
Replaced Denmark Flag
Edits for Artillery type
New and pretty sweet unit type comparison charts, for each type, (line infantry, light cav, heavy cav, dragoons, etc etc)
Clickable Table of Contents (Just click on any of the words)
Minor font changes

Updates for v1.01

Added shot types to all artillery
A few spelling corrections
Updates to Portugal Artillery
Correction to firepower on Grand Battery of the Convention (Anyone verify this is indeed 140 in MP?)

Tomisama
03-16-2010, 03:25
How difficult would it be to have this same information presented ranked by price?

Say with the most expensive unit on top.

One list for all units, and all of the other lists we have now, reorganized in the top down price format also.

I am suggesting this because I am searching for any formula or formulas that may be involved in the pricing.

Seeing some patterns already, and think that the specs would be more useful presented that way.

Thanks for your consideration, and of course for all that you have done for us already :bow:

Dionysus9
03-23-2010, 22:15
Great minds must think alike, Tomi, thats what I was thinking as I was reviewing the unit stats. I can see there is a correlation between accuracy and reload and price...I tried to re-sort the data but since its in .pdf form I cant.

But anyway, thanks to Patriot for the hard work!

Tomisama
03-24-2010, 00:24
I haven’t worked with a spreadsheet since Lotus 1-2-3 (Apple II), but actually fired up Excel and loaded in some of the cavalry specs to test the idea.

Beyond the Patriot’s column titles, I also added Arm (Cavalry etc.) and Nation, so if I could get the all loaded, I would be able sort them any-which-way I wanted.

Unfortunately I ran out of steam and time on the project.

There is probably a way to extract the data and port it directly to Excel, I am not there yet, but willing to learn :wink:

Dionysus9
03-24-2010, 20:16
Usually tough to extract data from a .pdf.... I wonder if Patriot would be willing to share his raw-data?

Tomisama
03-25-2010, 02:21
Usually tough to extract data from a .pdf.... I wonder if Patriot would be willing to share his raw-data?

You can buy a program to do the it, but it would be better to be able to pull it from the origional files, or if not directly readable, from someone who had done the conversion (our friend Patriot :yes: ).

Not looking to do anything here but to experiment with sorting the data for an indepth study of unit characteristic comparisons.

It would be great to build a table of upgrade levels to study also, if that data was likewise made available :grin: