PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Question

A Nerd
03-08-2010, 17:51
This may be a dumb question, but I was quite curious. Is napoleon all story driven campaigns or is there an open ended one like in all the previous versions of TW? I've never been a fan of story driven campaigns and didn't want to buy napoleon if an open ended campaign wasn't available.

Fisherking
03-08-2010, 19:08
None of the Campaigns are as story driven as what you may have seen in ETW with RTI.

The first two campaigns in NTW sort of ease you into the European Campaign (France) or the Campaigns of the Coalition (Austria, Britain, Prussia, & Russia)

Game turns are half months so you have 24 per year with weather changes.

There is also a faction unlock mod already so you can play as any of the minor factions too.

The large campaigns run from 1805 to 1812+

A Nerd
03-08-2010, 23:16
Oh, that sounds interesting. I thought the campaigns might have seemed too restricted or rushed. Does sound entertaining though. Thanks for the reply!

Suraknar
03-09-2010, 00:25
And to add to that, the Campaigns can be more challenging if you take under account the "Drop In" feature, since the AI is replaced by another Human being, and that is actually the best AI a game could have for battles.

There is no AI (yet) that can replace a Human, specially not for a game anyways. :)

So I think in a way CA found a clever way not only to leverage the Internet itself and Steam but to enhance the game itself in ways that would have never been possible to program in to it.

A Nerd
03-09-2010, 01:20
Sounds neat but I seldom play MP. I think it would hurt my ego to lose all the time!