PDA

View Full Version : Subotan Industries - Project ABZF532 (A Bridge Zhou Far)

Subotan
03-21-2010, 17:04
A BRIDGE ZHOU FAR

You've all seen the adverts, the hype, the constant annoying plugs. It's clear that any rational personal would sign up in an instant. But just in case you are still not convinced, I'll convince you with the following features:

Painstaking research of 1930's China and Japan in order to create a scenario as true to reality as possible, which in turn will create a rich and exciting narrative.
Photos taken in the time period to help bring the game to life will be included
Two mafia groups, as well as many third-party roles
A political system modelled on General Handkerchief's structure in Pirate Ship Mafia, with five roles up for grabs, allowing for more possibilities of infiltration by the mafia and revolution
A mechanic in the spirit of the italics games that have been popular in the gameroom as late which will allow the players to interact with external events in the Chinese Civil War and The Second Sino-Japanese War that the group will encounter. The decisions made in these "incidents" may affect the outcome of the game and the fates of certain players.
A new system for vig and mafia kills, where the weapon used will have an outcome on the success of the kill.
A new "clique" system, which is a method for townies to form alliances with each other and increase their political power; or the mafia's...

Excited? Then check out my blog for more detailed info about mechanics which I have already revealed. Please vote in the poll to indicate your interest, as this will help me with balancing issues.

Ibn-Khaldun
03-21-2010, 17:58
Nice game idea.
But there should be "I'm interested but I'm not sure that I could join this game at the moment" option in the poll. ~:)

Subotan
03-21-2010, 18:22
Oh, it's in June btw.

Ibn-Khaldun
03-21-2010, 18:26
But since I plan to start my game in May I'm not sure I can join this.
But let's see what future brings us..
Anyway, I see you have put a lot of thought into this game. :2thumbsup:

Subotan
03-22-2010, 10:02
Two people? Come on, that's not even enough for the two factions.

Subotan
03-22-2010, 21:44
If you vote in this poll, please make sure to vote in the SHEEP MAFIA poll (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?127165-Subotan-Industries-Project-R4M3W3-%28SHEEP-MAFIA%29) in the other thread. Thanks.

Ibn-Khaldun
03-26-2010, 10:56
Two people? Come on, that's not even enough for the two factions.

You shouldn't worry about that. Since your game starts in June then there is plenty of time for people to catch up and sign up. ~:)

pevergreen
03-26-2010, 13:18
I wouldnt count these threads as sign up threads.

I don't read most of these, I don't vote in any...

I wait for the actual game.

Askthepizzaguy
04-04-2010, 10:49
I agree, do not be discouraged by fewer people pre-signing up or indicating interest.

When the release date comes, and people are dead in other mafia games, the allure of being in a Subotan game will become irresistable.

Please consider me as a reserve player or as needed.

Subotan
05-21-2010, 21:49
Everything is ready, except for one minor item :bow:

Subotan
05-23-2010, 00:28
All my preparations are complete. Theoretically, I could start to host this game tomorrow, were it not the middle of exam season right now.

Beefy187
05-23-2010, 01:06
You could start the sign ups. That won't take too much effort :yes:

Subotan
05-23-2010, 15:14
It works out to be most convenient for me to start on the 16th of June 22:00 GMT+1, as that gives me a big break before the next exams, whilst being close to the middle of June. So, I'm going to start sign ups at Midnight on the First of June :yes:

Azathoth
05-30-2010, 13:34
Holy crap that's in like 35 hours. Can you explain absolutely everything to me?

How do you plan to deal with absenteeism?

Subotan
05-31-2010, 19:23
Sign ups open in four hours and thirty-three minutes, but the game will not start until the 17th.

I shall explain all the particular mechanics for my game in the sign up thread, but a simple explanation of a game can be found here: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf

Absentees shall suffer the Wrath of God (WOG). This is essentially a humiliating death that will happen as a result to the character's incompetence, and will remove them from the game.