PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Generals - Tough as old boots?

Tora
03-24-2010, 12:48
Or some generals anyway.

As France I've 'killed' Blucher three times now but he gets downgraded to merely 'wounded', only for the A&E department at Potsdam General or wherever to fix him up in no time at all.:thumbsdown: Yet Davout was assassinated by villains unknown on the second turn

Also, as Russia, I've attacked Napoleon in Prague, autoresolved and wiped everyone out, except Boney himself apparently, who promptly resurfaced in Frankfurt.

Are some 'characters' integral to the story and are therefore much harder to dispose of?

Fisherking
03-24-2010, 16:17
It appears to me that the top Generals of each nation can’t be killed. You will get Napoleon, Blucher, Wellington, et´ all showing back up in a home region when you play. But the lesser Generals do not.

It is not a bad system. They lose stars when they die/ are wounded, and it give each faction someone to identify with.

Graphic
03-24-2010, 17:08
IIRC some of the other generals besides the top ones are immortal too. I think it's the three generals that are available in custom battle/multiplayer, i.e. any general that has a custom general's bodyguard unit. Like my man Ney: the character name is Michel Ney, and then the name of his general unit is "Marshal Ney," as opposed to "General's Staff."

frognastie
03-27-2010, 06:01
That is correct. Its in the manuel.