PDA

View Full Version : Fire by Rank

AussieGiant
04-01-2010, 08:53
Hi there all,

A question.

I'm playing the final Napoleon Campaign and was wondering if anyone uses the "Fire by Rank" skill? I found it to be too slow and prefer to spread my battalions out into 2 thin lines and let them fire as fast as they can.

Can anyone provide some insight into this skill and whether it works for you?

I see the Prussian's and other nations are quite good at it but the French don't seem to be.

Monsieur Alphonse
04-01-2010, 08:59
Fire by rank is no longer available in NTW. CA has removed that. In stead the units fire a lot faster now. I also use two lines when relying on firepower. When I expect a mêlée I use three or four ranks.

AussieGiant
04-01-2010, 09:19
You've jogged my memory Monsieur Alphonse. It's the Fire and Advance button, that's the thing I'm talking about.

Fisherking
04-01-2010, 09:21
Same here.

What you have is fire and advance, which is said to work well, but just not for me.

You are supposed to auto charge when you select a target but I have not had it work right yet.

AussieGiant
04-01-2010, 09:34
yeah, the fire and advance does not work well for me FK.

The Stranger
04-01-2010, 16:27
it works but a bit slow. they march fire once and then charge. but they dont fire constantly while marching which i assume is they should be doing. if it works properly it is a great ability. i ussually dont use. but thats because i play more defensively.

Graphic
04-01-2010, 20:12
I use one of the mods that disables Fire and Advance alltogether. The AI can't handle it at all and it really bungles up battles once they get it researched.

AussieGiant
04-03-2010, 09:38
Thanks for the responses guy's. It's clear I wont use it and will stick with the two deep lines for firepower or 4 to 5 deep lines for punching holes through a line.

Cheers

antisocialmunky
04-03-2010, 14:10
I use one of the mods that disables Fire and Advance alltogether. The AI can't handle it at all and it really bungles up battles once they get it researched.

Link?