PDA

View Full Version : Spies!

Fisherking
04-03-2010, 17:20
These guys are a real pain this time around.

The only time you can see enemy spies is when they fail a mission, and that is not often.

They whack generals, and even the best are not exempt.

There are already mods that weaken them, but the trouble with mods is mp compatibility. If you want drop in battles or online play you have to leave it for the time being.

Sending spies with your best armies is your best defense. Also Gentlemen are deadly to them in duels, provided you want to use them that way.

What is your best counter to the little monsters?

antisocialmunky
04-03-2010, 21:38
Can you do the old unit surround? Just surround your general with single units.

Graphic
04-03-2010, 22:03
The best counter as France is simply destroy every enemy faction on mainland Europe. :laugh4:

The Stranger
04-04-2010, 09:40
as you said... counter them with your own spies. i myself have had little trouble but i use spies myself quite alot. mostly to take out enemy gentlemen. i dont really steal tech, but i rather buy or trade them. and makesure that i always get better while they loose their special clubs and stuff.

A Nerd
04-05-2010, 01:09
Spies sound terribly annoying! Are recruitable generals available with upgrades? How about general promotions like in ETW?

AussieGiant
04-07-2010, 16:23
Yeah I also got a little annoyed at the assassinations happening left and right. I made sure to send a spy with each main General after a while and this seemed to slow things down. I'll try the gentlemen defence in the next "Coalition" campaign and give some feedback.