PDA

View Full Version : Small Mafia Game Murder Manor III

Askthepizzaguy
04-09-2010, 11:44
MURDER MANOR.............III

This game will have a different set-up from Murder Manor I (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?113687-Mini-Game-Murder-Manor-%28Concluded%29) and II (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?114095-Mini-Game-II-%28Concluded%29).

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/askthepizzaguy/burcombe_night.jpg

It seems I've finally been killed....

A long time has passed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fY0abDtuIU&NR=1).

Gone from my manor are all the high-tech security systems and other gadgets, and the secret laboratory has been destroyed and walled off; it doesn't exist anymore. Ownership of my estate has passed onto others for generations, until the last heir to my estate has died suddenly in his sleep. The estate is now vacant, and it isn't clear who the property belongs to.

You have received a letter in the mail, from an anonymous source, offering you a $1,000,000 prize if you can accomplish a task. The objective is predictable enough, simply be the last one who isn't too scared to sleep overnight in my manor. Of course, should you end up dead, you won't be winning that prize. If you are the last one remaining in the manor, you win the million dollar prize. Should you choose to flee, you will be forever and ever labeled a chicken, and you cannot bear the thought of that, for that is a fate worse than death.

Inside my modest manor are the following 13 rooms:

Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom
Walk in Closet
Parlor
Kitchen
Garage
Attic
Dining Room
Living Room
Computer Room
Guest Room
Guest Bathroom
Tool Shed

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/askthepizzaguy/Murdermanormap2.png

You and the other guests are welcome to stay in my manor, and sleep in any of these rooms. You can stay together, or split up. You can move to each room every day, and then sleep in it at night.

You can each choose to search a room, or you can choose to forfeit the option to search in favor of lynching one of your fellow guests. After all, one less guest means one less person competing for the million dollar prize. You can interact with various objects in the manor, to your benefit, or not.

This is a mafia game, which means I have placed an evil power among you. I cannot be more specific than that, but I will say with 100% truthfulness that it is not me this time. I am not a part of this game at all except for having designed it. Everything else is up to you.

Because it is a mafia game, it can be solved in the standard manner, by blindly lynching your fellow guests. You don't have to interact with the house at all if you choose not to. You'll miss out on the unique aspect of this game if you do, and you will also gain no information as to what's going on. But it is your choice and always will be your choice.

If the evil power is killed, you can choose to leave the manor and forfeit the million dollar prize. Or you can try to stay inside the manor and win the million dollar prize the old-fashioned way... by becoming a serial killer and killing your fellow guests. If you happen to be the last one standing, you win. If no one survives, then the evil power wins.

Some objects will be helpful to you. Others will be helpful to your enemies.

There will be a twist, of course. You knew that.

Always keep your eyes on the prize.

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/askthepizzaguy/Million.jpg

One million dollars

Should I get more than the maximum allowable sign-ups, your names will be drawn out of a hat. Anyone who didn't make it can be a replacement player.

I will need 17 brave souls. (17/17)

atheotes
Beefy187
Captain Blackadder
Centurion1
Diana Abnoba
Husar
Johnhughthom
Methos
Niklas
Renata
Splitpersonality
TheFlax
Thermal Mercury
White_Eyes:D
Winston Hughes
YLC
Zack

ACCEPTING RESERVE PLAYERS!!!!! (2/2)

Double A
Secura

Winston Hughes
04-09-2010, 12:38
Sounds very interesting indeed.

Askthepizzaguy
04-09-2010, 20:16
Just to let the mods know, this game is finished the design phase and is ready to play whenever it is my turn.

Diana Abnoba
04-09-2010, 22:00
As always with most of your games, I'm IN.

Double A
04-10-2010, 01:38
Silly Winston, on the org, we don't need to degrade our /in puns by bolding them.

:clown:

Captain Blackadder
04-10-2010, 09:05
in please

johnhughthom
04-10-2010, 09:10
Oh yes.

Askthepizzaguy
04-10-2010, 09:13
Do I count you as "in", Double A?

Winston Hughes
04-10-2010, 10:08
Silly Winston, on the org, we don't need to degrade our /in puns by bolding them.

Do I count you as "in", Double A?

:laugh4:

Askthepizzaguy
04-10-2010, 10:32
And that's what is commonly known as "irony", ladies and gentlemen.

Beefy187
04-10-2010, 14:25
I would really really really love to play. I really really do. But I cannot join just yet..
I'll go on replacement :bow:

Secura
04-10-2010, 19:37
I really like the concept (it sorta feels like a non-mafia game merged with a mafia one), but I'm unsure if I'm going to be taking on any games for a while... I'll have to mull that over.

I'm glad that you decided on hosting a mafia game again though, and I hope you enjoy hosting it as much as the players will enjoy being a part of it. :bow:

Askthepizzaguy
04-10-2010, 21:19
I would like to say that this game is probably going to be my most memorable game of the year besides Resident Evil. If I got the balancing aspect right, then this one will be right up there with Psycho Mafia and Golden Rule. If you like my mafia games, this is the game to join.

Beefy187
04-11-2010, 00:31
Bah stuff Uni. I'm in!!

Centurion1
04-11-2010, 00:50
ill be in the master bedroom of course.

White_eyes:D
04-11-2010, 01:40
I would like to say that this game is probably going to be my most memorable game of the year besides Resident Evil. If I got the balancing aspect right, then this one will be right up there with Psycho Mafia and Golden Rule. If you like my mafia games, this is the game to join. Psycho Mafia and Golden Rule....such "good times"...now it's like tradition that you Vote:ATPG in every game you host:laugh4:

Golden Rule:Everyone was Mafia and the host being the Only Pro-town was different. Quite a bit of selfishness killed everyone.:book:

Psycho Mafia:The person who investigated people was also killing them as ATPG.:laugh4:

Psycho Mafia 2:I need to admit I didn't enjoy this as much...The whole "recruitment system" made me feel kinda sad for some reason...I guess in small games, I see no reason for it.:shrug: Still, the write-up where we all lynched your dead corpse out of sheer paranoia was great.:clown:

I don't know what to think about this one....it looks REALLY good but I get "Parasite" vibes from it. (Where Beskar would be unspecific to the town, almost on purpose....that whole "life signs detector" would have had us knowing where everyone was, but we were not told and had to run around thinking that the Parasite was somehow able to move though the "ship unhindered".) Really got us with those fake "recruitment PM's" though.:laugh4:

I guess am just a concerned that your going to make it so that it goes something like this...
You walk into the Master bedroom and it looks fairly normal, expect that the dresser and the closet look messed up and someone ran out in a hurry. What will you do? Now say I submit orders like this..."Check the dresser and the closet"
You move to check the dresser and find that on closer inspection; it looks like blood has been dripping into it for a little while. Suddenly, everything goes dark as you feel a deep coldness hitting your abdomen. You look down and see the end of a pair scissors sticking out.
You should have checked the bed....someone was still sleeping there and they don't like their stuff touched...:evil:

I would feel kinda upset if you didn't mention that the bed was an option to check....in the "Dark falls" game I overlooked this because, you had A LOT of work with all that stuff going on...It's like hosting a "Capo and Pirate ship in one".:book:

We well see if I can sign on into this one...I know I well be killed by it's end..but if RL permits, I will embrace that death gladly:laugh4:

Thermal
04-11-2010, 01:43
In

I plan on this being a nomination for next years HOF. Because it looks great =)

Splitpersonality
04-11-2010, 01:46
I want to be the blood thirsty murderer!

In! :D

Askthepizzaguy
04-11-2010, 02:28
Psycho Mafia and Golden Rule....such "good times"...now it's like tradition that you Vote:ATPG in every game you host:laugh4:

And now I state explicitly that I do not expect/want you to do that in normal games. I believe I've exhausted all of the "host is also playing" options that are even remotely fair.

Golden Rule:Everyone was Mafia and the host being the Only Pro-town was different. Quite a bit of selfishness killed everyone.:book:

Bonus points to everyone who figured out that there was nothing but mafia, and that the correct move was not to kill or lynch anyone because otherwise the result would be either one person standing or none.

Psycho Mafia:The person who investigated people was also killing them as ATPG.:laugh4:

That one was awesome, simply because Omanes Alexandrapolites actually figured it out and suggested that you kill him/that he not investigate anyone.

Psycho Mafia 2:I need to admit I didn't enjoy this as much...The whole "recruitment system" made me feel kinda sad for some reason...I guess in small games, I see no reason for it.:shrug: Still, the write-up where we all lynched your dead corpse out of sheer paranoia was great.:clown:

That was fun. People didn't roleplay as much that time, but I liked the ending, and Beskar squirming because he was mafia and couldn't talk was sweet. No offense, Beskar.

I don't know what to think about this one....it looks REALLY good but I get "Parasite" vibes from it. (Where Beskar would be unspecific to the town, almost on purpose....that whole "life signs detector" would have had us knowing where everyone was, but we were not told and had to run around thinking that the Parasite was somehow able to move though the "ship unhindered".) Really got us with those fake "recruitment PM's" though.:laugh4:

I guess am just a concerned that your going to make it so that it goes something like this... Now say I submit orders like this..."Check the dresser and the closet"

I would feel kinda upset if you didn't mention that the bed was an option to check....in the "Dark falls" game I overlooked this because, you had A LOT of work with all that stuff going on...It's like hosting a "Capo and Pirate ship in one".:book:

We well see if I can sign on into this one...I know I well be killed by it's end..but if RL permits, I will embrace that death gladly:laugh4:[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you if you search a room, you will be aware of everything in it: people, objects, and anything of note.

I will not screw you over like that. You don't have to even have specific orders besides "Go to room X". That's sufficient for this game, it is not like a battle royale and specific orders will not help you.

Secura
04-11-2010, 14:54
'Tis only fair that I accept the host's invitation after much convincing... I am in.

Askthepizzaguy
04-13-2010, 03:07
https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/askthepizzaguy/Murdermanormap2.png

Trying to see how the map looks against the forum background.

johnhughthom
04-13-2010, 08:02
Your blood red map doesn't frighten me!

Much.

Diana Abnoba
04-13-2010, 09:14
It came out a little too dark, ATPG. It least the map part did.

Askthepizzaguy
04-13-2010, 10:25
It came out a little too dark, ATPG. It least the map part did.

I'll adjust your brightness settings.

Does anyone else have difficulty seeing it?

atheotes
04-14-2010, 06:44
IN :bow:

Renata
04-15-2010, 23:16
I'm in.

TheFlax
04-15-2010, 23:19
Also in.

Niklas
04-15-2010, 23:20
Me! Me!

Zack
04-16-2010, 03:11
Pick me! Pick me!

IN

Methos
04-16-2010, 21:07
I'm in.

TheFlax
04-16-2010, 22:37
I'm in.

Aren't you worried of being murdered by the host? :clown:

TheFlax
04-16-2010, 22:38
Sorry, double post, my internet just went a bit crazy.

Secura
04-19-2010, 22:54
When are you expecting to start this game? Are you waiting for certain others to end?

Askthepizzaguy
04-19-2010, 22:57
April:

Small 1: (P) Beefy187 - Chinese Zodiac Mafia
Small 2: (D) Beskar - SpaceRogues
Small 3: Open Slot
Small 4: (N) AVSM - untitled

Still have 2 in front of me, and they aren't wine glasses this time.

I should begin in May.

Secura
04-19-2010, 23:15
Still have 2 in front of me, and they aren't wine glasses this time.

I should begin in May.

Beskar told me that he requested his game be put back or removed from the list or something; either way, I need a break from games at the moment, so might have to withdraw from this.

I know, I know; I've never been one to make up my mind. Sorry.

Askthepizzaguy
04-20-2010, 07:26
That is fair enough. We'll miss you at the party.

:bow:

Husar
04-21-2010, 13:39
Ok, I'll play then. ~:)

ULC
04-21-2010, 23:26
INININININININININININININININININ

and oh, IN.

Askthepizzaguy
04-21-2010, 23:58
That's 17, but having 2 reserve players would be lovely.

Secura
04-22-2010, 00:13
You have me as a reserve.

:bow:

Askthepizzaguy
04-26-2010, 00:17
Just a note, this game is going to start very soon. If you have changed your mind about participation, please indicate such now.

Soon as in: Within a week (guess)

Double A
04-27-2010, 00:45
Oh uh Pizza, and any hosts which may be reading this, if I post in your game thread, and unless I specifically state otherwise, I'm saying ININININININININININININININININININ.

Askthepizzaguy
04-27-2010, 02:32
Well that presents quite a pickle, doesn't it?

Hmm.... I may have to randomize who gets in. Otherwise I'll have to put you on reserve player, ahead of Secura who needs a break anyway.

Askthepizzaguy
05-05-2010, 03:49
Game should open tomorrow. Keep an eye on the gameroom. Since I have 18 I have to randomize or ask someone to volunteer to be a third replacement player.