PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited camera setting

Forward Observer
04-12-2010, 15:51
I could not find a previous post on this, but just in case you would like to have a totally unrestricted camera, check the link below which explains how to make a simple script file change to do this.

With this change, one can actually raise the camera to a height that makes it really look like you are watching from Napoleon's balloon, or you can also look inside buildings and ships, which is kind of neat. Be advised that sometimes when you click on the mini map to go to a area of the battlefield you may come out below the land surface level, but you can quickly get back to the surface by clicking on a unit card. I've been using it for several days, and can't imagine going back to the old way.

Also remember this script change will revert to its default setting if you happen to make any graphics changes in the game. I simply put a link on my desktop to the correct file, so I can change it back if this happens.
The explanation linked below was actually written for Empire, but it works in Napoleon also.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5593484#post5593484

cheers

Nelson
04-13-2010, 00:26
Thank you, FO.

This will be handy.

The Sultan
06-04-2010, 07:34
Nice one... just what I was looking for from a great height :)