PDA

View Full Version : Legend Interactive History Idea

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
04-15-2010, 14:49
Wrote down some ideas yesterday for a IH idea. It just a dream of mine, a wish of mine at the moment. I don't think this will be put into action, but I am going to see if it can.

I was thinking that a lot of us been playing Interactive Histories for many years (me since mid 2007). A lot of us are legends (expect for me :laugh4:). When I think of a IH Legend, I think of Franconius, Kagemusha, Stephen Asen, AggonyDuck,etc....

A lot of us are in the same IH together here, the CoE IH hosted by a legend, Fran. But think of it like this. How much longer are we going to all be together? Soonoer or later, RL will sadly start taking us old timers away. And besides, if the CoE IH goes down (which it won't :clown:), where would we play? It's the only active IH here!

I was thinking of a IH with just us legends, say, Me, Stephen,Ducky,Fran,Kage,Revolting Friendship (if he returns to the forum),etc...

I was thinking of the following IH ideas:

1.7 Years War
2. Austrian War of Succession
3.Polish War of Succession
4.Asian Wars (ethier Genghis Khan era or the 1500-1600's timespan)
5. World War I
6.1400-1500's IH
7. Crimean War
8. 1848 Revolutions

I figure someone could host it, and this could be "the last" major IH so to speak to feature all the older IH players, and perhaps this might inspire newer IH players to join the CoE IH then and take our places when we quit.

I understand we would need to find a good host, get a good era and find time to play in it. I understand we are all busy and this is a long shot, but I thought it could not hurt to try.

Thoughts? :crowngrin::pimp2:

Peasant Phill
04-15-2010, 22:52
Well there's your problem. Hosting an IH is a lot of work. You must be willing to invest a lot of time in it. So far there have been very few that have been able to keep a IH going for some time. I'm afraid no-one will 'bite'. You seem to have some time on your hands, why don't you volunteer?

I'm not part of the select few legends but I've been around these parts for quite some time, participating in those IHs I felt I could contribute in. I have fond memories of Baby Boomer's Religious Wars and Francs WWI naval IH.
I would gladly play in this IH if you'll have me.

04-16-2010, 19:08
I myself really don't got much time on my hands. And with my wrists problems, the best I can do is play in one.

Franconicus
04-16-2010, 19:21
You should not forget King Kurt - one of the most gifted players and maybe he would host a game!
And swordsmaster!

04-16-2010, 20:42
You should not forget King Kurt - one of the most gifted players and maybe he would host a game!
And swordsmaster!

Good idea!

Prince Cobra
04-17-2010, 22:37
Well, thanks for adding me in the list of legends. In fact, I've really played only three Interactive histories. My first real play was on WW1 by Warluster, the other was Sengoku Jidai by Kage and now my third is CoE. It's really fun especially when you melt in the atmosphere of the game (say educating myself on the period; I also love toying with plans in my head when riding a bicycle in the mountains. A bit like logical excercises in the nature.). Of course, I always put something from me in my characters. But I often forget about some of my convictions in order to fully fit the atmosphere of the game/character and of course, the interests of my faction. I still feel the taste of sushi in my mouth as Miyoshi Chokei or the touch of silk furniture in my home in Vienna as Metternich. But a legend... perhaps just a decent actor. I am sure you all feel like that when you build up your state to a better future.

Gah! I am sure the day I will withdraw from the IH is coming. But even if I do it, perhaps this will not be for too long time... It's fun really. Although, I realise my time for it will be less and less...

About the IH dying. Not quite. Perhaps just the day when Chapter House will go into the noisy Gameroom is approaching. As some of you have noticed, there are already some IH that have appeared there. Although, I must admit the Gameroom is getting unhealthily big.

Ibn-Khaldun
04-18-2010, 00:50
If you are referring to my WW1 game then I haven't decided whether to leave it to Gameroom or move it to here. I probably make my decision during the first week of May since I plan to start it in the middle of May.

There is a lot of traffic in Gameroom and that can be quite good for these games. Perhaps it's possible to advertise IH's in there? Set up a recruitment/advertising thread? This should be discussed with the Gameroom moderators.

Prince Cobra
04-19-2010, 19:34
If you are referring to my WW1 game then I haven't decided whether to leave it to Gameroom or move it to here. I probably make my decision during the first week of May since I plan to start it in the middle of May.

There is a lot of traffic in Gameroom and that can be quite good for these games. Perhaps it's possible to advertise IH's in there? Set up a recruitment/advertising thread? This should be discussed with the Gameroom moderators.

Good idea!

SwordsMaster
04-24-2010, 00:42
Yo, I like several of those, but asian wars would take me a bit long to research, and WWI has already been done....

04-26-2010, 14:08
What you like to do then :clown:?

SwordsMaster
04-27-2010, 21:40
Any of the others....

ReluctantSamurai
07-09-2010, 19:17
Does IH have to be war related? In reading through most of the games that have run (or are running) they all seem to be pretty much so. I suppose that lends itself to more character/role playing, and with the possibilities of having more participants. But is it a pre-requisite?

Master Magic Mage
07-11-2010, 20:04
War is the base setting for most Historical good and interesting Situations.

ReluctantSamurai
07-12-2010, 00:41
Perhaps it is, but not all 'good and interesting' history is war related:shrug:

07-12-2010, 00:56
Then host something up and I join :clown:.

Lord Winter
07-12-2010, 07:49
Perhaps it is, but not all 'good and interesting' history is war related:shrug:

I've found that the favorite IH's I have played have also had some sense of politics to them besides war. Tactics and Strategy are nice, but diplomacy and negotiations are the real heart of the multiplayer interactives.