PDA

View Full Version : How do I attack occupied houses ?

Nigel
04-15-2010, 19:56
Maybe someone can help me with this.

In my last battle I was attacking a player who had a unit occupying a house.
After I had beaten his troops outside the house, the one inside still kept firing at my men. I wanted to storm them, but all they did was stand and return fire (which is not a good idea if you are exchanging bullets with someone taking cover behind a window).

I know you can actually attack and storm the house, because I had this happen to me. But could not figure out how to do it.

RTK_Sir Lambert of Lancs
04-15-2010, 20:14
i have just clicked on the house and my men stormed it. maybe try telling your men to melee and then attack the house.

Braden
04-16-2010, 12:51
Yes, selecting "melee" (crossed swords icon) for the unit before ordering them to attack will do it. They will just stand and return fire, depending on what unit, if you don't. Also, as you hover your cursor over the house, it should highlight the enemy troops inside (shows a ghost of their ground marker)....once you have this you can attack ok.

Try to attack with a 2:1 ratio in favour to ensure you come out best as well.

(Disclaimer - these are single player tactics I use, should be ok for muliplayer also)

Nigel
04-16-2010, 14:35
Ah, thanks.

Sounds rather obvious, really. Why didn't I think of that ?
Well, I guess it it called battle-blindness. All that adrenaline in the blood and the focus on the heat of the action .... :smiley2:

Many thanks, I shall try this out next time.