PDA

View Full Version : NTW Update, May 5

Vlad Tzepes
05-05-2010, 20:30
There's a 688.9 Mb NTW update downloading right now through Steam. There are no details on what's in it.

As a matter of fact, I can't even understand if it's an update or just the Coalition Battle Pack that they sell as DLC. It would be strange to be the DLC, anyway, because the 688.9 Mb file started downloading automatically before I even accepted the transaction.

Lovely, lovely Steam.

Forward Observer
05-06-2010, 06:21
As somebody explained over at the TW forum, the DLC is loaded into your files whether you decide to purchase it or not. If you purchase it then it, is simply unlocked. However, I noticed that even though I haven't purchased it, my main menu now shows that my game is updated to version 1.10, which is what they do when they normally load a patch. Of course then Empire is still showing version 1.5 even though the last update to the BAI was called update 1.6.

It's a bit confusing to say the least.

At only $3.50 US, the new DLC isn't very expensive, but all it brings are 6 new units and the battle of Friedland. However, the person who made the statement about the download also stated that if you purchase it, you can now only multiplay with people who also pay for it. I am skeptical about this since it would seem to really divide up the multiplayer community--- not to mention how would it affect drop in battles.

I'm sure the true details will be revealed shortly.

Cheers

Vlad Tzepes
05-06-2010, 17:29
Thank you, Observer. Now it makes sense...

Fisherking
05-06-2010, 21:48
It usually changes some other things as well.

I don't know, but I started an new campaign to day.

I could be wrong but to me it seems like all of the missions are gone. I tried GB for the second time. I got 0, nada, No missions what so ever...

How about the rest of you?

Phog_of_War
05-09-2010, 08:10
Now that you mention it.......

Forward Observer
05-09-2010, 20:49
I had just started a French campaign and still got the normal missions issued--even after the update. However, I did start the campaign the day before the update, so who knows. Also since the French do not have a choice of historical or world domination modes of play as the coalition factions have, thier campaign parameters may be more fixed.

I'll have to wait until I finsh this campaign to find out.

Cheers