PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt save game

snorky
05-20-2010, 15:19
In my European campaign as the French, I had fought my way to Moscow and was finally preparing to invade England. Since all my money was being poured into the war on the eastern front from the start, I was still not able to outgun Nelsons fleet. Then by a stroke of luck an Allied Danish fleet was sailing past the English channel and when they past Nelson, I sailed to him to get the Danish fleet as reinforcements. This was the best chance of defeating Nelson I was going to get but I still couldn’t beat him. I reloaded the battle about 5 times until I finally managed to defeat him with a new tactic.
Nelsons fleet was completely destroyed except for one ship that joined my fleet while I still had around half of my fleet. I had achieved the opposite of Trafalgar, by defeating the British fleet I made the way clear for invasion as well as becoming the dominant force on the sea. I was overjoyed by having won a naval battle that I should have lost, pretty much for the first time so I immediately saved my game and was anticipating the invasion of England as I pressed end turn.

BUT...During the loading my game crashed, so I restarted the game and to my horror the game crashed again while loading the saved game. Restarting the computer didn’t fix it either. It’s like the game doesn’t understand Nelson is dead therefore making it crash. Seems like Nelson had his revenge after all

Any help is appreciated, though I can’t possibly know how such a thing could be solved, but at least it can serve as a bug report since it seems the game can’t handle Nelson being beaten.

G. Septimus
05-20-2010, 15:39
CA doesn't want Nelson to die.....

antisocialmunky
05-21-2010, 14:55
Here: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

It will make you feel better.

Nelson
05-22-2010, 13:30
CA doesn't want Nelson to die.....

I should hope not!

smooth_operator
05-30-2010, 10:12
that usually happens if the game exits while writing the save game.Total war save files are about 2MB in size and it takes 30seconds for the game to write it...that happened to me a couple of times...No amount of restarting will recover your lost file...you have to start over...best advice..dont ever use altf4 in exiting your game

snorky
05-30-2010, 12:11
Here: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

It will make you feel better.
Lol yeah fixed it (bookmarked page)

that usually happens if the game exits while writing the save game.Total war save files are about 2MB in size and it takes 30seconds for the game to write it...that happened to me a couple of times...No amount of restarting will recover your lost file...you have to start over...best advice..dont ever use altf4 in exiting your game

Thanks Lord Michael. So when I pressed end turn it autosaved as usual, probably the crash was just random and just fell at an unlucky moment.

I should hope not!

So I guess your safe

smooth_operator
05-30-2010, 14:40
it is indeed random...I experienced a crash while I was playing the Battle of Dresden. :)