PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Sengoku Jidai IH?

Kagemusha
06-09-2010, 17:14
This poll is only for the players for who participated in this IH. If you have not participated in this one, but cant resist the urge to vote.I will just ignore your vote.:smash:

Monk
06-09-2010, 17:57
Torn between a reboot of the first start date or a new one. Either way it would probably be fun ~D

Wishazu
06-09-2010, 19:41
I voted Start Over as after it was originally cancelled I revealed my alliances plans to our enemies etc.

AggonyDuck
06-10-2010, 06:01
Starting over might be the best decision as the old game looks to have fizzled out. I would avoid going back to even earlier times; as that would only increase the running time of the game and make it even harder to finish it, if that ever was the plan. 1540-1560 is a good starting time.

King Kurt
06-10-2010, 09:33
I went for start over with a new date. I just fancy samurai without the guns.

Revolting Friendship
06-10-2010, 11:21
I went for start over with a new date. I just fancy samurai without the guns.

Well you could just abstain from bying arquebuses and do the whole "last samurai" thing, which's fine by me and I suppose, all potential adversaries ;)

And I also voted for earlier date, refer to old game-thread for explanation.

Ibn-Khaldun
06-10-2010, 13:45
How could one resist voting when there is "Gah" option in the poll?! :embarassed:

Kagemusha
06-10-2010, 19:05
How could one resist voting when there is "Gah" option in the poll?! :embarassed:

There might be reasons why i added that option.~;)

Prince Cobra
06-13-2010, 21:35
Go on! Spies had the habbit to uncover information...

Kagemusha
06-14-2010, 16:04
After hearing your thoughts and taking a look at material available, specially the great stuff from Revolting Friendship. I have decided that we will go back ten years to 1550, which will mean that many of the characters you played are still there. Dont start picking your clans before i can produce you a map with Tomte. Now to another question, which is available for everybody to answer. The scope of things. The old game was very simple and risk like, with some things i wasnt so happy with, like that each province had only one castle.

How would you like if we would go bit more detailed. Here is a VIP provincial test map ive done:

https://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1590/satsuma.jpg

The different coloured blocks are castles and as you can see for example in Satsuma province during 1550, additionally to Shimazu Clan there was independent Hishikari/ Hisakari Clan and a independent branch of Shimazu called Sasshu.

If we go down that road that most provinces will have several castles. It will also mean that The clans power will be divided between the Daimyo, family members and vassals. So to a player there will be some more managing at home compared to the earlier game, as not all the troops of your clan are under your direct control, while vital castle for example could be in a hands of a ambitious vassal. This ofcourse could create both opportunities and problems for each player.

So would you like for us to go little bit deeper in the Sengoku Jidai Japan this time, or should we stay in the style we played the last game?

Prince Cobra
06-14-2010, 17:00
it sounds promising. What about the turns? years, seasons

Kagemusha
06-14-2010, 17:26
it sounds promising. What about the turns? years, seasons

The four seasons would remain.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
06-14-2010, 19:07
I am coming back for this presuming my wrists hold up :D. Long live Kagemusha!

06-14-2010, 19:59
Go on! Spies had the habbit to uncover information...

By the way Kage;

Spies- I think there should be a more in depth option for spies. Being able to train/hire them, send them in, etc.....
Ninjas- Same for this one. Of course, If I want to kill Lord Oda, it should be highly tough, of course, but still be possible.
Dueling- I think we should be able to duel with other damiyos, have our top samurias be able to do it to, and perhaps attempt to murder the daiymos/samurais on the way to the dueling site if you one of those types of evil leaders.

Kagemusha
06-14-2010, 20:27
By the way Kage;

Spies- I think there should be a more in depth option for spies. Being able to train/hire them, send them in, etc.....
Ninjas- Same for this one. Of course, If I want to kill Lord Oda, it should be highly tough, of course, but still be possible.
Dueling- I think we should be able to duel with other damiyos, have our top samurias be able to do it to, and perhaps attempt to murder the daiymos/samurais on the way to the dueling site if you one of those types of evil leaders.

The option for assasination was there in the previous game also, but to be successful in such effort was highly unlikely just like it was in reality. About duels.I think the former Chosokabe Daimyo indeed lost his head in a duel against the Kono daimyo.

Monk
06-14-2010, 21:02
If we go down that road that most provinces will have several castles. It will also mean that The clans power will be divided between the Daimyo, family members and vassals. So to a player there will be some more managing at home compared to the earlier game, as not all the troops of your clan are under your direct control, while vital castle for example could be in a hands of a ambitious vassal. This ofcourse could create both opportunities and problems for each player.

So would you like for us to go little bit deeper in the Sengoku Jidai Japan this time, or should we stay in the style we played the last game?

I'm not sure, wouldn't in-clan vassals make it far more complex than needed and put even more strain on you (as admin) during the in between turn movement? I know as a player, coordinating troop movements with allies was tricky enough without worrying that I couldn't directly control who went where.

I will say this, i do like the look of that map. Very interesting. :yes:

Kagemusha
06-14-2010, 22:17
I'm not sure, wouldn't in-clan vassals make it far more complex than needed and put even more strain on you (as admin) during the in between turn movement? I know as a player, coordinating troop movements with allies was tricky enough without worrying that I couldn't directly control who went where.

I will say this, i do like the look of that map. Very interesting. :yes:

Dont worry my friend.It is all about organisation of things for me to stay sane with these games. About the vassals i will speak more about them in a bit.

Monk
06-14-2010, 22:26
Dont worry my friend.It is all about organisation of things for me to stay sane with these games. About the vassals i will speak more about them in a bit.

Very well, Kage. I'm willing to hear more despite my skepticism. ~D

Kagemusha
06-14-2010, 22:33
Very well, Kage. I'm willing to hear more despite my skepticism. ~D

Well healthy skepticism considering poor old KageĀ“s sanity is well.... sane.~;)

AggonyDuck
06-14-2010, 23:06
The option for assasination was there in the previous game also, but to be successful in such effort was highly unlikely just like it was in reality. About duels.I think the former Chosokabe Daimyo indeed lost his head in a duel against the Kono daimyo.

Yes, assasinations were indeed there as was witnessed in my assasination of the Kitabatake pup.

King Kurt
06-16-2010, 11:32
Kage - I have a suggestion - while I would be happy to return as the Amako, it would be nice to have a change. What about setting a number of clans and when you have that number, allocate them by you drawing lots. That way we all probably end up with a different clan so new problems to consider. Also if we return as our old clan our decisions would be coloured by previous experiences in the IH - you would gravitate to former allies and distrust people who stabbed you in the back - just a thought.

I have mixed feelings about making the game more complex - sometimes simplicity makes better gaming - however as you seem happy and willing for the increased admin perhaps it would enhance the game - also the subtleties would come out in your narrative - I send an army of 5,000 to somewhere and only 2,000 turn up!!

Seign Thelas
06-17-2010, 04:23
Start over, possibly with a new date. King Kurt's idea is also awesome. Random clan assignments FTW.

AggonyDuck
06-17-2010, 11:26
Gah! I want Takeda, not a random clan.

06-17-2010, 14:28
Gah! I want Takeda, not a random clan.

Agreed Ducky. I prefer we pick our own clans. Besides, random clan drawings will not destroy rivariles from the 1st game, since you can just carry them to this one. Besides, I want Imagawa.

06-17-2010, 16:34
PM I sent to Kage BTW:

Perhaps we can have a poll asking people exactly what time frame they want? Because I won't mind having a 1545-1550 IH, but I would really like having a Onin War IH.

Seign Thelas
06-17-2010, 19:54
Random clan drawings are fair, and based on chance. And the fact that rivalries can be put away just due to the simple fact that you might not be located near anyone on the map that you were near last game is a good thing.

06-17-2010, 20:23
Well, I wish to pick my own faction, Duck probably feels the same way, not be playing as a faction I have no interest in playing as.

06-24-2010, 18:32
Hate to be the impatient [man of unconventional ancestry] but...... What's going on :clown:?

My patience for colourful language is not unlimited....

LVI

AggonyDuck
06-24-2010, 19:15
Probably the arrival of a proper Finnish summer.

06-24-2010, 19:41
Probably the arrival of a proper Finnish summer.

You guys get warm summers?:laugh4:

AggonyDuck
06-25-2010, 10:31
We get perfect summers.

Cecil XIX
06-25-2010, 16:50
Allow me to say that I'd be very interested in participating in a new Sengoku Jidai IH.

06-30-2010, 17:50
Can't wait :D.