PDA

View Full Version : The Other Game - Takeda III

Tomisama
06-20-2010, 01:09
Because Shogun 2 and Takeda III are beginning to look so much alike (which is inevitable), I thought you should all at least know about Takeda III’s existence, if you didn’t so far.

Do I think it is a better game than Shogun 2? No, but not for lack of content or the dedication of one Ming-Sheng Lee, who has been working on this game’s development for many years.

Have a look around, it’s like an introduction to era, with lots to learn.

http://ezgame.com/Takeda3/

Salute Ming Lee!

A Nerd
06-20-2010, 01:13
I came across this game the other day. I thought it looked interesting. However playing TW games for so many years, I don't think I would like the lack of control over armies during the real time battles.

General Malaise
06-20-2010, 01:18
I tried the demo and it was very interesting, unfortunately though there's some deal with new ATI cards and this game's engine that makes the game screen only 1/4 of the size it should be, which means the text is tiny and the game almost unplayable, and certainly not playable for any, even slightly, extended period. :-(

ReluctantSamurai
06-22-2010, 22:49
Initially, some of the game mechanics seem cool. You can't recruit cavalry (Takeda's forte) at the same rate as ashigaru. Makes perfect sense when you consider training times.

Leaders have strengths/weakness's for different types of troops. Another of those "real-life" simulations that make sense. Some generals were much better with infantry than more mobile, fast-moving, troops like cavalry or tanks in modern warfare.

The castles look cool, and appear to be a S.O.B. to assault with all those multiple levels.......

Also, having female leaders (or are they just for marrying purposes?) and hotties at that, ought to make the men players take notice:laugh4:

edyzmedieval
06-24-2010, 01:05
I played the first one. **** hard. I've done the Battle of Nagashino on EASY, I only won it once out of like 25 tries. Those muskets ripped you apart no matter what you tried.

Takeda is still one of my favourite games. Never finished it. I couldn't.