PDA

View Full Version : Update for NTW

edyzmedieval
06-22-2010, 19:21
Updates to Napoleon: Total War have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

General Issues and Fixes
Several ATI compatibility issues resolved.
Fixed various achievement unlock issues and descriptions.
Fixed various missing text and language issues.
Fixed a rare issue where changing any graphics setting could cause the users preferences script to become corrupted.

Campaign
Campaign difficulty has been rebalanced.
Campaign AI has been rebalanced for better army distribution.
Fixed an issue where agents' action success rates were too high.
Fixed Various Sound effect issues and audio improvements.
Fixed issue where agents could not disembark from a ship to neutral territory.
Fixed issue where Post-battle report statistics were not updated properly.
AI now uses naval invasions more frequently.
Spies and characters cannot have duplicated names anymore.
Action Point radius can now be seen when selecting AI armies.
Fixed an issue where diplomacy restrictions meant that a player could not capture Alexandria back from an emergent Mameluke faction.
Fixed an issue where Region tax breakdown did not include technology bonus.
Fixed a crash that occurred when opening trade tab after bankruptcy.
The Belgian flag colours are now in the correct order.
Fixed a rare tutorial crash.
It is no longer possible to exceed elite unit cap limit by using liberate region.
Fixed an issue where the player was unable to enter or attack an enemy territory if they declare war on them via offering to join an ally's war in diplomacy.
France is no longer listed as a Constitutional Monarchy in the diplomacy screen.

Battle
Various Battle AI improvements.
The square formation cannot be selected while in melee anymore.
Fixed issue where cavalry could get inside buildings.
Aide De Camp giving wrong advice has been fixed.
Fixed an issue where units had white uniforms in battle.
Various voice-over triggers have been updated.
Various sound effect and music improvements.
Unit behaviour around deployable defences has been improved.
Howitzers and Unicorns damage, accuracy and blast radius have been reduced slightly.
Fixed issue where a few Ottoman units were not immune to heat fatigue.
Fixed issue where settings were not retained for Mini-map and Picture in Picture, settings are now correctly saved when game exits.
Fixed an issue where units get stuck in square formation when they form over gabionades.
Fixed an issue where Bedouin units could not enter buildings on battlefield.
Fixed an issue where French rebels had Austrian flags.
The Balance of Power bar is now correctly removed after a building has been captured or defended.

Multiplayer
3 new land battle maps added.
Various drop-in battle UI locks fixed.
Chance of drop-in battles has now been increased.
Fixed the issue where the Skill rating at the end of a ranked battle is 0 for both players.
Added drop in battle / quick battle selection panel to frontend.
Random clients being kicked when multiple users access a multi-player game has been resolved.
Unlimited money cheaters will now be dropped from game lobbies.
Multiplayer battle stats now update after playing a historical battle.
Multiplayer campaign victory conditions now scroll down correctly in the game settings panel in the Front End.
Fixed an issue with enemy ships sunk statistic not updating correctly in the frontend.
Fixed an issue in the multiplayer campaign where the AI attacks a players town and the Pre-Battle buttons are greyed out.
Fixed a crash caused when ESC pressed whilst game is synchronizing for a drop in battle.
Host names are now shown on a drop-in battle invitation.
Fixed an issue where the chat box fades away and cannot be brought back, after a time of inactivity.
Fixed an issue in multiplayer campaign where France and Ottomans where able to engage in diplomacy with each other in the Egyptian campaign.
Fixed an issue where after a naval game has finished, selecting "swap sides" and playing another game results in the second results screen appearing with incorrect nations.
Fixed an issue where in multiplayer campaign election results alert appears twice when one player holds an election.
In fort battles during the deployment phase the mini-map no longer displays buildings that are occupied by an opponent.
Units hidden in houses are no longer given away by the cursor when moused-over.
Fixed issue where player names were not showing up in the player list in drop-In battles.
The French flag is now correct in the player list during a land battles in the Italian multiplayer campaign.
The chat and player list boxes can be no longer be dragged so far off the screen that they are impossible to recover.

I'm loving the new red-theme for the main menu, and indeed, the AI has been improved. I had a tough time defeating Italy on N.

Tsavong
06-22-2010, 20:15
Looks like Spain receved a once over unless that allready happend and I missed it.

smooth_operator
06-23-2010, 00:38
Where do i get it aside from the steam application? I was forced to remove it because it caused my other games to crash

antisocialmunky
06-23-2010, 01:21
How and where do I recruit Unicorns?

smooth_operator
06-23-2010, 02:18
How and where do I recruit Unicorns?

ordnance factory?

pevergreen
06-23-2010, 04:47
Where do i get it aside from the steam application? I was forced to remove it because it caused my other games to crash

The game can not be played outside of steam.

(ergo all patching is done entirely through steam, there are no standalone patches)

smooth_operator
06-24-2010, 07:09
The game can not be played outside of steam.

(ergo all patching is done entirely through steam, there are no standalone patches)

I was able to successfully download the imperial pack, heroes of the napoleonic wars, and elite guard pack via a website...it worked without any hitch

Royce
06-25-2010, 16:40
Does the Imperial Pack have the Grand Battery and Scots Greys in it? If it does can you tell me where to download it. I have everything that steam has put out there.

Thanks

IncubusDragon
06-25-2010, 17:27
Wow... played my custom 14K army set at hard... did what would normally defeat AI and got crushed. A thoroughly excellent update (although I do prefer the blue backgrounds to menus myself, but what the hell) that'll give veterans a good run for their money.

Updating outside Steam means you'd be using cracked versions until such times as all DLC for Napoleon is released on DVD like they did with Empire.

I could be wrong about this, but unicorns are exclusively Russian artillery, so you'd have to be playing as Russian and have a fully developed tech tree.

Grand Battery and Scots Greys are not yet in the game - to have them included would be nice, so I for one would be happy if a future DLC contained them.

If I am wrong with any of the above, please reply so that I'm not talking rubbish in future, hehehe.

edyzmedieval
06-28-2010, 00:51
Grand Battery is inside my game for preordering through Amazon but it's so hard to use I never took the time, it makes armies slower than with normal foot artillery.

IncubusDragon
06-28-2010, 11:06
Wow... played my custom 14K army set at hard... did what would normally defeat AI and got crushed. A thoroughly excellent update (although I do prefer the blue backgrounds to menus myself, but what the hell) that'll give veterans a good run for their money.
Well, that happened once, and then seems to have returned to normal... maybe I've automatically adjusted my gameplay to compensate, but I do find that I need to be on-the-ball when battle AI set on "hard".

Yeah mate, I was reading somewhere (prolly another thread here) that promo units are not available if you never got one from the retailer... buyers had a choice between Grand Battery, Scots Greys, or a battleship. It would be nice if they were now made available to all.

Fisherking
06-28-2010, 17:58
Last time it was about 6 months, so maybe come Sept. they will offer them up for a couple of €,$ or what ever.

IncubusDragon
06-29-2010, 15:42
Just had N:TW crash to desktop... twice it's done it when I was at crisis-point in a battle and clicked a unit card. I'm only just getting into N:TW, so it might've been doing that before update if I'd been playing more but can't really tell as I'm only now ramping up my gameplay in anticipation of getting broadband in about a week's time. I usually don't bother about the odd glitch, but two days in a row makes my nerves twitch.