PDA

View Full Version : NTW Peninsular Campaign

edyzmedieval
06-22-2010, 19:34
The next major DLC update for Napoleon: Total War™ series, The Peninsular Campaign, is now available on Steam.

The Peninsular Campaign Downloadable Content is a new and independent campaign for Napoleon: Total War based on the conflict in the Spanish Peninsula between 1811 and 1814. It was during this era that the Spanish resistance gave their style of fighting its name: Guerrilla, or the “little war”. Choose one of the three nations involved - France, Great Britain or Spain - and experience one the most intense conflict of the Napoleonic era.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34189/

Anyone got it yet?

Graphic
06-23-2010, 15:42
I won't be playing this for some time. I'm broke to begin with and my cat just had seven kittens.

And it's my birthday today too. What rotten luck :(

Royce
06-23-2010, 16:20
Don't worry Graphic it's pretty boring thus far so your not missing too much. :embarassed:

Royce
06-23-2010, 16:26
I downloaded it last night and payed for a while but it's not really my cup of tea. Don't like running all over trying to crush revolts and riots. Same old stroryl, no money, not enough troops etc etc.... Just can't believe France would envade an area without enough money to fight a war and who would envade without enough troops!!! I just wish TW would find someother way to make the game more difficult, better AI maybe but not the same old tired stuff (no money) which leads to no buildings which leads to no troops!!!!
Anyway I'm sure someone will play and be totally thrilled and think it's the best add on ever...

Den of Earth
06-23-2010, 17:38
I would like to give it a try. I would like to give all the DLC's a try but unfortunately I got rid of all my credit cards as part of my debt reduction plan. I'm not certain if I could send a money order or not to be able to purchase anything. Seems like CA would want to make that possible. Anyhow, for now I just get to read how the new campaign is from you other folks.....and be jealous.

Fisherking
06-25-2010, 07:23
I have played it. It is interesting. There are a lot of changes from the main campaign.

It is fairly straight forward for the British except that most recruiting slots come through the ports and not the barracks. For the French the whole thing is a headache. Trouble shows up anywhere and everywhere. So far the British are only a small problem. The little war is the big problem.

I have not tried it as Spain yet. The profusion of agents is large. It is a much different game from the standard campaign and I am sure there is a learning curve for each faction.

Fisherking
06-27-2010, 18:34
I have played through all three factions now.

The changes are interesting.

For GB all the British troop recruitment comes through the ports and barracks only add recruiting slots and allow the recruitment of auxiliaries in conquered areas.

The tech trees are different for each faction and gentlemen are not a part of the campaign. Spain uses church schools instead of collages.

Guerrillas are totally different as agents and troops. They are separate so don’t think the troops can act as agents or vise versa.

The agent is a spy except when he harasses an army it takes casualties. The troops can deploy nearer the enemy or even in his rear. They also reconstitute in enemy regions, with or without a general.

Money stays tight but once in a while you get extra funding but nothing is guarantied.

The naval game is there as well and there are five trade nodes. You need to guard them so don’t think you have a free pass.

The rest you will need to find out for your self.

:laugh4:

edyzmedieval
06-28-2010, 00:56
Purchased it now. Will give it a try tomorrow. ~:)

PseRamesses
11-06-2010, 12:51
There should be a guide section to the Peninsular Campaign, dont you agree? There are many event triggers. I have played this campaign inside and out with all 3 playable factions and i must admit i finally got into this anarcistic and chaotic gameplay with subversive agents, rebellions and the wonderful guerilla bands roaming the countryside. One time, as the French, i actually pulled totally out of Iberia, just keeping my 3 french provinces and gave Portgal and Spain "their" provinces and then waited for the onslaught. It was great, I recommend trying it =)