PDA

View Full Version : NTW shuts my PC down?

Braden
06-26-2010, 20:56
This has only happened since the new update released. Everytime I play a battle in my Imperial Campaign, I get to "an random" point and the PC just shuts down and restarts!

Any similar issues with the new update? NTW was totally stable before, I've played several campaigns pre-update with NO issues at all.

Firstly, no, I have exhaustively tested this by using different saved campaigns etc. Two options occur to me...

1) start a new campaign game from scratch in case pre-update save files aren't compatible.

2) roll the game back to pre-update, though I'm not sure how to do this with STEAM.

Monsieur Alphonse
06-26-2010, 21:57
Do you use any mods? If that is the case you have to disable them until they have been fixed. You can check the mods forum if there is a fix. Until then removing the mods is the safest solution. If you don't have any mods installed then I suggest option one.

Braden
06-27-2010, 09:47
No mods so option one at this point. As long as there are no save file conflicts noted with this new update it seems odd but...I'll try anything ! lol

EDIT - hmm...this is entirely worrying now. New save game...but game CTD (including Windows "error report" status), at least it didn't restart the PC this time!!

Is a fresh install possible via STEAM?