PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Edition

edyzmedieval
07-01-2010, 09:39
S2TW: Daimyo Edition or something like that I suppose

Anyone here looking forward to it? It will surely be in the style of ETW/NTW, with 2 extra unit packs and some flashy thing, but I hope this time THERE WILL BE NO DIFFERENCE.

It was so unfair, Emperor's Edition for NTW was worth the money compared to the Imperial Edition offered in Europe.

Any thoughts?

caravel
07-01-2010, 10:00
Will the basic version be called "S2TW: Ashigaru Edition"?

There is a simple strategy behind this, besides increased profits, "double sales". There will always be those, with more money than sense, that will buy the Ashigaru Edition first, followed by the Daimyo Edition. This style of marketing (i.e. the "collectors edition" or "special edition") is mostly aimed at maximizing sales to youngsters.

Gregoshi
07-01-2010, 15:43
Ashigaru Edition is good for me - I'm sure my yari will be long enough with that version.

A Nerd
07-01-2010, 16:08
I've always noticed as well that there is a $10 difference between the two. On Amazon anyway. It is really worth the price for the SP experience which would be my situation?

caravel
07-01-2010, 17:19
Ashigaru Edition is good for me - I'm sure my yari will be long enough with that version.
Sorry the lifesize Yari only comes with Daimyo edition.

Ashigaru edition comes with a free bag of rice though.

Jochi Khan
07-01-2010, 17:27

At least you can eat the rice. :laugh4:

Togakure
07-01-2010, 18:19

Only half a bag of rice ....

One shouldn't judge the honor of a warrior by the size of his yari.

Gregoshi
07-01-2010, 18:58
One shouldn't judge the honor of a warrior by the size of his yari.
My point exactly. :bow:

Besides, a larger yari just slows you down when routing off the field.

Togakure
07-01-2010, 22:33
My point exactly. :bow:

:laugh4:

Gregoshi
07-01-2010, 23:20
:laugh4:
Er, actually, that was not an intended pun. :embarassed:

Togakure
07-02-2010, 01:38
I realize that; that's why it was funny to me. Don't mind me; I'm humored by odd things, geezer that I am.

Martok
07-02-2010, 01:41
Meh. I was unimpressed by the "Special Forces" Edition of ETW (which I was foolish enough to buy). Unless Shogun 2's collectors edition includes a full-size working katana or naginata, I don't think I'll have much difficulty in resisting the temptation. ~:rolleyes:

Wow. I guess there really is a first time for everything, then.... ~;p

Forward Observer
07-03-2010, 18:31
This just in!

There will be a "special limited gold reserve VIP geek" edition of Shogun II Totalwar for sale only on Steam.

It comes with no box, no disk, no manual, or any other physical attributes, However, one does get a special code that, if entered in the appropriate steam box, will reveal a special virtual (picture) of your own Samurai helmet. The special code means nothing and anyone can view this helmet for free, but you will have the privilege of knowing that you paid ten bucks extra for it.:laugh4:

edyzmedieval
07-04-2010, 01:20
Funny, funny, but it might prove to be the future of gaming...

DLC packs are fine as long as they are very cheap and add EXTRA content, not stuff already in.