PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Imperial Psychopath

nokhor
07-04-2010, 18:13
It's the name of an achievement you can get if you declare war on everybody on your first turn, including allies, never make peace and win the game. So I did exactly that, for a challenge and did not get the achievement. Feeling a little raw about it, because that was the main reason I played that particular game. Has anybody gotten it?

There are only two concievable reasons I could think of as to why I did not get the achievement. a) It has to be played on VH/VH which I didn't do, or b) you have to break alliances before declaring war. I just declared war one by one down the list so that whoever was still left as my ally was drawn into a war with whoever I happened to be declaring war with as I moved down the list. So that a whole bunch of AI factions were at war with each other that would not have been otherwise. If either of those had been the reason, I wish they would have included that info in the achievement info.
\

Fisherking
07-04-2010, 18:30
Slaists got it. I think he said he played on VH but I don’t think that is the requirement.

I have had things like that happen to me too. I think most of them showed up at some point later. Even a few days later in fact. If you played off line that could be it too.

Still there are a few that just never came at all.

Slaists
07-08-2010, 20:28
Yes, I got it (playing as Russia) and the achievement registered fine. It took me one evening to do it, autoresolving everything except the most critical battles. The key is: you can liberate factions and make them your trade partners. Liberating someone does not count as 'declaring peace' and the liberated provinces count towards your win conditions.