PDA

View Full Version : Implementation of Night battles in STW2

Dai-Sifu
07-05-2010, 07:04
Hi everybody,

I have some confusion when it comes to the night battles that CA have indicated in the artwork/prt screens of STW2 as shown over at YUKU.

How can we expect night battles with STW2 when it is utilizing the same game engine as ETW. In all my playing of ETW I have never played a night battle. I haven't played NTW yet so could somebody please tell me if that game had them?

Did any modder successfully implement night battles in ETW?

I am hoping that STW2 has night battles but I am a bit skeptical, MTW2 in my opinion captured night battles beautifully.

Any thoughts or latest information people have on STW2 nightbattles would be great.

emotion_name
07-07-2010, 01:37
Latest interview with lead developers at Total War official site, they say that night battles are not guarenteed for S2TW, that its a "Stretch goal" or something similar.

Basically, they were saying if they could implement it properly then they would, but they weren't going to cram it in just for the sake of it!

Myrddraal
07-08-2010, 02:00
Remember that just because it is based on the same engine doesn't mean that it can't have new features. I'm sure CA will be expanding the engine to include features which are relevant to the era.

pevergreen
07-08-2010, 02:35
How can we expect night battles with STW2 when it is utilizing the same game engine as ETW.

When was that said?

Its been said, and I've provided links, that the next game (S2:TW) would be on a new engine.

Discoman
07-08-2010, 03:32
Why were night battles cut from ETW anyway? They were pretty important for attacking bigger forces.

Kagemusha
08-03-2010, 15:50
I sure hope that the night battles will make a comeback as they were one of the important tools for any daimyo. Specially when facing a larger enemy host.

Shibumi
08-16-2010, 14:56
There is a video posted showing night battles.

I just hope they make the night battles slightly more bright, strains the eyes in a sunlit room as it was in M2TW and from what is shown on the video.

Night battles are generally a very good idea though, adds strategic depth :)