PDA

View Full Version : What?..... No grenadiers?

Maleficus
07-06-2010, 18:18
So having played as France and Prussia, I've finally gotten around to having a go at the European campaign as Great Britain, but I have to say I'm not impressed, as there seems to be a lot of units left out.

Looking through the building browser to see what each building recruits, I first noticed the lack of elite and well-known troops. No Coldstream Guard, no Scots Guard, no Royal Welch Fusiliers, no King's Own, no Royal Scots Greys, no 95th (greenjackets) though there is a generic 'Rifles'. Hell, even the 33rd, the regiment with which Wellesley made his name (And a certain Mr Sharpe immortalised) doesn't seem to be here.

So that was pretty annoying, but what the hell, I can just rename some other regiments right?

But.... Then I see there's no grenadiers. Now aside from the different tactical option they offer, the grenadiers are a pretty damn iconic part of Britain's military history, so why the hell are they left out?

Fisherking
07-07-2010, 06:44
Many of the units you mention are special units that show up in some of the dlc or in the Spanish campaign.

But the short answer for British Grenadiers is that there were no battalions or regiments of grenadiers. They were one company in each battalion.

Maleficus
07-07-2010, 12:20
Many of the units you mention are special units that show up in some of the dlc or in the Spanish campaign.

Ah, I see. Is the penisular campaign any good?

But the short answer for British Grenadiers is that there were no battalions or regiments of grenadiers. They were one company in each battalion.

Wasn't it the same with Light Infantry? And they're in the game.....