PDA

View Full Version : Am i missing something?

Swoosh So
08-23-2010, 13:27
What happend to the ai controlling reinforcements in the game? dont tell me the series has taken another step back for no reason again! i watch in horror as my second army dribbled onto the battlefield 1 by 1 to replace each unit i lost! I seriously hope i missed some option for the ai to control the army otherwise its another dumb move from ca taking the series backwards. The community asked for this feature countless times please dont tell me they removed it...

Monsieur Alphonse
08-23-2010, 23:49
Alas you didn't miss a thing. This dribbling is how reinforcements work in ETW and NTW nowadays. Gone are the great day of Kingdoms were you could order the other armies to attack or to defend. The only positive about the new system is that you can rearrange the reinforcements so that they arrive in the order you want.

Swoosh So
08-24-2010, 12:15
Ca baffle me sometimes its like they like to move the series backwards in many respects, how dissapointing...

Nelson
08-24-2010, 16:30
I agree.

I can only imagine two possible reasons for this.

Players are believed to prefer the 20 unit limit and hence the dribble in reinforcements.

Or more than 20 units cause a performance hit that CA wants to avoid.

It is puzzling why CA changes things that folks used to like in earlier games. I’ll never stop wondering why knights can’t dismount in Medieval 2.

Martok
08-30-2010, 07:19
It is puzzling why CA changes things that folks used to like in earlier games. I’ll never stop wondering why knights can’t dismount in Medieval 2.
....Or why they got rid of the battle replays from MTW. I know a lot of folks have asked about that one. :gah2:

Cecil XIX
09-02-2010, 20:41
....Or why they got rid of the battle replays from MTW. I know a lot of folks have asked about that one. :gah2:

Personally, what I miss most is that each level of castle had two mini-upgrades. That's fifteen levels of castles, compared to eight in MII:TW.

Royce
10-16-2010, 15:44
It seems that they have. I guess someone on the team does not know what the word reinforcements means. I was disappointd too when I saw this. You can however choose where they arrive at for example behind your forces or behind your enemy. Just depends on where you decide to place them. If one of your allies is joing in then the AI controlls them but either way they trickle in if your helping them or they are aiding you. bummer.....