PDA

View Full Version : Playerpeaks

Mars
08-26-2010, 08:39
Well, it doesnt really belong in here, but what was/are the playerpeaks in the last months?

How many play NTW right now?

The highest amount i ever saw, was 234 player online same time, back in 2003.

Swoosh So
08-26-2010, 09:17
Its impossible to tell i think, you can tell how many people from a certain steam fan group are online at one time and how many are in game, im sure in the evenings theres around 300+ in game from 1 fan group on steam and probably around the same for empire totalwar. Ill post a screenie later of the steam group around 17:00

Monk
08-26-2010, 09:26
Since the last few TW games have been entirely exclusive to steam, you can trust the steam stat page to give you fairly accurate (http://store.steampowered.com/stats) numbers in regards to overall totals. The totals update every couple hours (2-4), right now the stats page reports 1,676 people on steam playing NTW, with the peak for today being 4,043.

Swoosh So
08-26-2010, 09:30
I think those stats just show anyone playing totalwar with an online connection not people playing multiplayer.
Right now theres around 20 games going and 2 multiplayer campaigns in the lobby and maybe 1 or 2 dropin or auto battles but america is asleep and the uk and europe are at work and many are still playing empire totalwar.

Monk
08-26-2010, 09:33
I think those stats just show anyone playing totalwar with an online connection not people playing multiplayer.
Right now theres around 20 games going in the lobby but america is asleep and the uk and europe are at work.

Ah, yes you're right. The steam stats only reports people running the game not specifically those playing MP.

Mars
08-26-2010, 14:14
Are there any statistic, like how many battles was fought? Or even playerstatistics?

I never played on steam, no idea... so thanks for any information.

Gregoshi
08-26-2010, 14:34
Since MP seems to be a major emphasis this time around, hopefully there will be a friendly online interface (chat foyer!!) and enough features and event support (tournaments, etc) to boost those numbers significantly with S2TW.

Tera
08-26-2010, 14:41
Good to see you Koc :-) Maybe we meet again in STW2 or some Blizz game.

My impression is that the amount of people actually trying multi player has increased - simply based on the fact that the last few games have been among the best-selling of the series. Shogun was a huge critical success and a very good seller relative to CA's history until then... but far, far from being a gaming blockbuster. The problem is that multiplayer just was never supported and promoted enough to ever take off ...

Mars
08-26-2010, 14:59
I got told, that there is no foyer, so yes.... how this works anyway. You just can get into games with friendlist on steam or this 1v1 matchup i guess. Weird...

I probably gonna play Shoggy, NTW seems not bad, i try that tomorrow.
Hard to tell anything about future anyway, so lets see.

I said 2000 already that MP is the future, CA need 10 years which is fine, if u dont want to gain money quick ;)
TW wont be like any blizz game, as i said already, i think there is potential for 20-30k player which would still be awesome.

If CA get some good matchmaking system running and Tournaments each week, than the world would be perfect.
Actual, i might be wrong, i see a huge problem for new player to get into the game, its really hard without foyer. You have to read on forum and boards, that is mostly too much for people.

Keep it simple, i want to install a game and play online in less than 2 mins. With more player there could also be a skillmatchup which is more than needed.
If good player meet new player and u get destroyed in a minute the game also wont make fun. Actual its so easy these days, almost everyone has internet and play somewhere an online game,
just look left and right and copy the good things and leave out the bad.

Anyway, nice to see all the old faces still around! :D

Koc

Sp00n
08-26-2010, 15:55
You join games from within the game like all TW games you just dont have a lobby which is kind of annoying. So basically you spend most of the time playing with friends off steam.You can create the games and then invite them using steam.

You can always join standard games from the list and play the public where you get a mix of talent.

Steams growing on me and you get free voice chat which is pretty useful as for NTW its quite good but very different to Shogun and MTW due to the Gunpowder era, just needs a lobby :).