PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the past!!

San
08-31-2010, 20:13
Just wanted to say hi to all oldies from STW days (and ofc new onces to)
STW 2 looks really nice, i hope we will have same fun like in old days on the battlefield.

See you all more in future old/new friends!

-San

Tera
08-31-2010, 20:15
Holy moly...MickeSan / LinkSan :-) My Swedish friend, so good to see you after all these years.

Hope to see you around

San
08-31-2010, 20:25
Hi old friend!
Aye wasnt yesterday we spoke with each other.
But i bet we will more now when STW 2 is comming.
Good to see you mate!

-San

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-31-2010, 20:28
Welcome back!

:bow:

TosaInu
08-31-2010, 21:19
Hello San,

That's been some time! How are you?

Sp00n
08-31-2010, 22:02
Welcome back :), I've been trying to get you to play TW since Shogun and finally we get Shogun 2, I speak to you online and your here :P

:P

Kocmoc
09-02-2010, 14:06
hey San, nice to see more and more of the old faces ;) hope your fine!

Koc

LadyAnn
09-05-2010, 18:39
When I started to play Shogun:Totalwar, I was a sweet young girl. Now I heard rumor of S2:TW, I am already a bitter old crone. Oh what time has done to me! Was it a decade already, or close to it?
Annie

edyzmedieval
09-05-2010, 21:58
Welcome back oldies! Great to have you around. :bow:

antisocialmunky
09-06-2010, 02:18
Crap, its that guy.

Sp00n
09-06-2010, 17:03
Hey Ann :)

Been such a long time :) hope your well.

:dizzy2:

Gregoshi
09-06-2010, 19:05
!
I can't remember the last time Tosa used an exclamation point. That must be the equivalent of a ticker-tape, "welcome home" parade in Tosa's world. :laugh4:

Oh, and welcome back San and LadyAnn. :bow:

Suraknar
09-08-2010, 02:56
Welcome back to you both! :)

Martok
09-11-2010, 17:23
Goodness! I can't believe how much of the old gang has showed up over the last few weeks & months. I haven't seen some of these names since I was a newbie. It's very good to see you all again! :bow:

When I started to play Shogun:Totalwar, I was a sweet young girl. Now I heard rumor of S2:TW, I am already a bitter old crone. Oh what time has done to me! Was it a decade already, or close to it?
Annie
You're a sight for sore eyes, LadyAnn! It's been a while; I don't think I've seen you here in close to a year. Welcome back! ~:cheers:

I can't remember the last time Tosa used an exclamation point. That must be the equivalent of a ticker-tape, "welcome home" parade in Tosa's world. :laugh4:

Indeed. For our Dear Leader to use any sort of punctuational emphasis at all is exceedingly rare. He must have been dancing in the streets! :beam:

Jochi Khan
09-12-2010, 00:04
Hello and welcome back LadyAnn

It has been a long time.

Suraknar
09-13-2010, 08:02
Goodness! I can't believe how much of the old gang has showed up over the last few weeks & months. I haven't seen some of these names since I was a newbie. It's very good to see you all again! :bow:

ShogunTW was what started the magic around here :) It still holds a special place in many of our hearts. I may not have been posting much in the 8 years I have been an ORG member but I sure have been reading and consider this place a cherished virtual home, that has been there throughout all of the TW adventure, and with S2TW it seems like we are coming full circle.

Suraknar
09-13-2010, 08:03
-duplicate-

Suraknar
09-13-2010, 08:05
-duplicate-

Orda Khan
09-28-2010, 20:20
Welcome back :), I've been trying to get you to play TW since Shogun and finally we get Shogun 2, I speak to you online and your here :P
Would be nice if you could manage the same with Vanya. Offer some sake and popcorn, I miss seeing his face ... I mean grapefruit around here.

Vanya
10-02-2010, 00:17
Gah!

Vanya has grown fat and lazy in His olde age and all. What, with his thousands of years, He cannot even remember the last time He had a birthday party that did not involve slaughtering hapless peasants for sport, drinking blood from flagons carved from freshly harvested and still bloody human skulls and what not. Nowadays, Vanya must content Himself to ride His scooter, paid for by Medicare, to ride to the nearest Costco where He can slaughter clueless shoppers while they are distracted loading their minivans with 2 tons of chicken and another of toilet paper.

Vanya must admit, his new mechanical "horse" is quite sturdy, though it lacks the speed and inertia of a good horse when attempting to spear fleeing ingrates.

Gah!

Orda Khan
10-02-2010, 09:38
LOL ..and now .org is complete!

With all the fast food outlets no doubt today's peasant is a much slower victim and just the training you need to squeeze back into your armour. Good to see you return.

Vanya
10-05-2010, 04:47
Gah!

Squeeze indeed! Vanya is busy pouring popcorn butter into His armor in hopes it will help smooth things along a tad. Vanya must remember to not toss in any kernels, though. In one battle, Vanya was sneaking up on some peeps in the Texas heat and a pair of rogue kernels popped in His armor, thereby revealing his presence. It didn't matter in the end though.

Gah!

Drisos
10-05-2010, 23:18
Oh dear, that's a lot of old names. :)
Welcome back & Cya around.

pevergreen
10-06-2010, 02:17
:jawdrop:

Its the legendary Vanya!

Truely, I have seen the top of the mountain! You shall worship me as though I were a god!

*eurgh*

I regret nothing! I lived as few men dared to dream.

:bow:
I've only heard stories about you, Vanya, pleased to see you in the avatar for the first time.

Kagemusha
10-06-2010, 11:25
Wellcome back Vanya and also great to see you back in here Drisos!:bow:

NagatsukaShumi
10-07-2010, 19:09
Damn I think this thread is deliberately designed to make me feel like a old fart.

I am back too, but I am sneaking in underneath Vanya's fan fare lol

Barkhorn1x
10-07-2010, 23:40
Amazing - so many old posters back for another round.

Gah! indeed.

Sjakihata
10-09-2010, 21:58
Hey guys!

Im not sure you remember me, but I joined up as STW came out. Now Ive been informed that a sequel is on it's way - cant wait!

Oh, almost forgot, when is it scheduled for release and will there be MP campaign?

TosaInu
10-09-2010, 23:12
Hello Sjakihata, Drisos and Vanya.

Barkhorn1x
10-11-2010, 17:35
Hey guys!

Im not sure you remember me, but I joined up as STW came out. Now Ive been informed that a sequel is on it's way - cant wait!

Oh, almost forgot, when is it scheduled for release and will there be MP campaign?

Hello and welcome back. Release is slated for March '11 and I cannot remember what the latest word is on MP stuff.

amagi
10-12-2010, 00:11
Hello, it's been a while.

There were occasionally issues with Total War games that seemed to stem from the original- did barbarian spies and assassins really destabilise the Western Roman Empire?- so it'll be an entertainment just to see how it all translates back.

Some slightly random considerations for the campaign, from experience with RTW:

-The ability to instantly rebuild shattered armies was always a huge advantage over the computer, I'm not sure why this was ever made an option, perhaps a limit of build one unit or rebuild one unit would be an improvement?

-It was always a disappointment when troops gained most of their experience from training and rarely gained any from battles. I'd prefer experience from improved buildings to be limited, while troops could get experience just for being in a big battle rather than only for kills. This might help the computer? I prefer swordsmiths and armourers to be split again, also.

-There was some criticism of the legion numbering system, but it would have worked well if the system had specified Cohort I Legio Hispania etc. I just like units to have individuality, I'd like a unit identification system for all units, just a sequential number and province of origin.

-It's a pity there's still no simultaneous movement on the campaign map, an intercept order for armies with unused movement points might be an improvement? Will the Ai be able to understand to move two or more stacks up to battle not just one? Also, if an army is living off the land in enemy territory, should there be a reduction in supply cost?

-General view was an improvement and a great leveller, but it was unrealistically high- though good in woods, where the height was no advantage. It was too tricky for city fights though, some better method of ordering units on the walls was needed.

-The original game had great weather, probably because it had a more realistic four-season year. The system of having several options for weather always seemed off to me, not having an option might make for a better game?

-Lastly, from what I understand one faction didn't conquer all of Japan, it was more a case of one faction and its dependable allied factions. How about a system with a limit to the number of provinces that can be under direct player control? Other conquered provinces could be under allied clan control, you could organise their construction and unit production and even move their armies, but they would always fight as separate armies under AI control- another equaliser for the computer? Also the 'allied clans' could suddenly split off into full computer control as hostile clans under the right circumstances. There seemed to be a lot of switching of factions among the clans in the historical campaigns, while the Rome movement system produces few battles where allies are involved.

The old game was a classic.. but there was the odd battle where you would find an enemy army facing the wrong way, and some of the campaign starts were very easy, there was always room for a sequel. Good to be back, this should be fun!