PDA

View Full Version : Howldy good oldies.....

Magyar Khan
09-03-2010, 01:37
HooWl Org and others...

With help of Tosa I managed to retrieve my password and got access to .org forum... with distance the best total war multi-player site....

As in november 1998 i smell the little diamond in strategy gaming arising. When laying my hands on the STW demo at that time i knew it was fitted for me more than 100%. I still remember the yaricav with warhorn sound charging .... awesome..... With raising teh wolves and hosting the finest online campaign there was we reconstructed the Japanese Era at max.... the intrigue, the battles, the strategy it was all there...

Mongol Invasion made me happy Era-wise but sadly the mongols were overpowered.... I guess game wise MTW and MTW VI was TW at it peaks.... good bunch of solid players (wolves and sheep) and a lot of fun....

Rome was a let down, horsearchers running in graincircles, charging horses throwing people meters high and elephants managed to throw soldiers offscreen.,... ahum
Also the greyisch maps and crocky interface and foyer was a pain....

After a few TW releases napoleon felt much better but I am confident the game as it is played now should have hand to hand combat and what era let itself translate best into the game....? Shogun2....

With some lobby within CA we managed to get the Shogun Era have their focus.... just as my oldest kid got 10 (born in 6 june 2000) I hope that short distance axe throwing he likes TW: Shogun2 as well... but I doubt it... the world is changing ... ;o)

Therefore I felt the need to get on my fat horse and raise an army...... all we need now is enemies... heaps of enemies....

To all, greetings and lets hope we manage to get a beautyfull time once more

HoooWl

Magyar

Kagemusha
09-03-2010, 02:35
Wellcome back Magyar Khan!:bow:

Gregoshi
09-03-2010, 04:55
I thought the trembling earth I felt had a familiar feel to it. Magyar has returned with his cavalry horde. The old remember the fear all too well. The young don't know what fear is...yet.

Welcome back Magyar. :bow:

Kas
09-03-2010, 10:18
With help of Tosa I managed to retrieve my password and got access to .org forum
Tosa...in my office! now!:viking:

just kidding..heya Khan ~D

Sp00n
09-03-2010, 10:26
Welcome back :) after our chat on steam the other day I can tell your as excited as me, lets hope they give us a fraction of the magic of the original so we can recreate some of those amazing battles we used to have .

Tera
09-04-2010, 11:37
You could have just asked me for the password ;-)

Welcome back Mag =)

Tomisama
09-04-2010, 13:07
With the Mighty Khan back in the saddle, and the upgraded remake of the “greatest game ever”, we are truly on our way;

Back To Teh Future!!!

:wink:

Welcome back Magyar!

If there were any doubts, now I know that this will be the absolute ultimate Total War experience of all time…

Salute!

Major Robert Dump
09-04-2010, 13:09
I feel like a crime victim looking at the lineup of people who have victimized me

Jochi Khan
09-04-2010, 17:26
Welcome back Magyar Khan. :bow::bow:

Jochi
(^Glyndwr^ on Steam).

Kas
09-04-2010, 17:36

Welcome back Mag =)

Epic!:laugh4:

Magyar Khan
09-04-2010, 19:50
yeah that remark was epic ;o) well its humor like i like to present it, altho i let my cham at rest for now since lets build things first..... the whole wave im on looks promising.... i hope it will catch me on the competitive side but for that it all needs to meet some requirements.... like

excellent gameplay in GUI and atmosphere and easiness during hosting and such
really being able to feel/read a battle
enough sheep to feed on
some nasty people who ask for a daily challenge
some even nastier people willing to infiltrate the wolves
some young cubs i can send out to do some old veteran hunting

thx guys and lets work together on this new promising era.....

UglyElmo2
09-05-2010, 06:22
HooWl Org and others...

Mongol Invasion made me happy Era-wise but sadly the mongols were overpowered.... I guess game wise MTW and MTW VI was TW at it peaks.... good bunch of solid players (wolves and sheep) and a lot of fun....

Ah good to know my teammates will be able to add a few more wolf skins to our collection . . . these past few Winters have been very cold indeed.

After a few TW releases napoleon felt much better but I am confident the game as it is played now should have hand to hand combat and what era let itself translate best into the game....? Shogun2....

100% agree. I told many an old vet that Empires and NTW "felt" closer to what we loved about Shogun and Medieval. With the return of hand-to-hand with Shogun 2, (What I believe the battle engine excels at), it should be quite fun again.

With some lobby within CA we managed to get the Shogun Era have their focus.... just as my oldest kid got 10 (born in 6 june 2000) I hope that short distance axe throwing he likes TW: Shogun2 as well... but I doubt it... the world is changing ... ;o)

I too have a son come of age. At 14, he has been playing Empires and NTW and does me quite proud. Another Ugly will be appearing with Shogun 2, so be warned! :)

UglyElmo2
09-05-2010, 06:26
I feel like a crime victim looking at the lineup of people who have victimized me

I missed you all these years Dump. You always made me laugh, and were the one player whom I could almost beat in 1v1. Almost. I'm still the "Master Of The Routing Army", but you my friend are a close second. :)

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-05-2010, 14:14

Welcome back Mag =)
:laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:
Classic brother.

Almost crap myself when I saw this thread.

Welcome back to .Org Magy!!!!

:mongolia::pisces::switzerland::switzerland::us-pennsylvania: