PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mafia game should I host next?

Askthepizzaguy
09-04-2010, 17:16
I am in a rare position of being low on ideas I'm extremely enthusiastic about, and I have a small game coming up and no plans for a large game (other than the Big New Yorker) after Star Wars: Fall of the Order. Some ideas I had batting around in my head:

Gods of Magic [Elemental-based magic spells with various mafia-related effects] Large game.

Final Fantasy: Ultimate Saga [Night of the Werewolf-style game with weapons, items, some magic spells, and certain familiar classes and hidden skills] Small/Large game.

The Klingon Civil War [Star Trek: TNG/DS9 era Klingon Empire with certain houses and families struggling for power. Perhaps today is a good day to die!] Large game.

The Dark Knight [Reviving my idea for the Batman game.] Large game

Heroes and Villains [Players you know and love from the .org gameroom, only with hilarious superpowers, and a duel-based lynch system] Small/Large game

Askthepizzaguy Mafia II [See: Askthepizzaguy Mafia. I loved that setup and the game mechanics.] Small/Large game

Murder Manor IV- The Frightening [See: Murder Manor III. This would be a sequel to that, only with a large game format and a big castle with more rooms] Large game

The New Yorker- [A test run for some of the mechanics I'll be using in the Big New Yorker Huge Game] Small game

Insert your ideas here.

Double A
09-04-2010, 17:18
Gods of Magic [Elemental-based magic spells with various mafia-related effects] Large game.

Only if I get to make MTG references.

pevergreen
09-05-2010, 02:31
Heroes and Villains, because I'm curious what people you would include and what 'superpowers' you would give them.

Askthepizzaguy
09-05-2010, 08:13
Okay, let's take a random sample of names, from those likely to sign up, and some colorful personalities. And now I will spend 5 seconds on each name thinking up silly superhero/villain names and their super powers.

Beskar, Double A, Ibn-Khaldun, Johnhughthom, pevergreen, TheFlax, Autolycus, God Emperor, Diana Abnoba, Yaseikhaan, Sasaki Kojiro, Romanic, Beefy187

Beskar- "James Tiberius Beskar"

With the power to go where no man has gone before.... and make sweet lurve to all the smoking hot alien women there, especially if they have green skin or strategically placed antennae. He also has the power to fight with his uniform ripped open (and only if his uniform has been ripped open) in incredibly cheesy style, and even though he has a standard issue phaser and a starship in orbit, he'd much rather punch his foes in the face because that's always far more devastating. But he wisely chickens out whenever he faces a foe as completely awesome as this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM&feature=related).

Double A- "The Redoubler"

With the power to spam topics with unrelated chit-chat in lovable fashion! He actually has the ability to spam so much, that you can actually see double! His avatar is on the screen at least twice in a row, making him difficult to hit. Which one is the TRUE Redoubler? Only the moderators know for sure. He's also got the ability to appear in multiple forums at the same time and generate epic post-counts in all of them, giving him a power level post count of well OVER 9000.

Ibn-Khaldun- "Ibn-Kube"

Basically, Zan from the Wonder twins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Twins). Can transform into an ice cube, liquid water, or steam. His most terrifying form is the Kube, where he turns into a motionless, melting block of ice. But he can also turn into Likquid and run downhill, or he can turn into steam, which is less cool because it doesn't have a K in it. Also, it's steam, so it's generally pretty hot. Puns! You know I love 'em. As lame as this sounds, perhaps one of those forms can protect Ibn-Kube from attacks. You never know. Does anyone remember Melt Man from Action League Now? This. So, in conclusion, not only can Ibn-Kube wet his own pants, he can also do the same to others.

Johnhughthom- "The Mad Bagpiper"

Totally not a rip-off of Groundskeeper Willie and Scottish Soccer Hooligan Weekly, but you'd be forgiven if you thought so. He's got the power to play bagpipes extremely loudly, which sends most mortals running for the highlands. He also wears a kilt that is not regulation size, so when the wind blows you might catch an eye-gouging glimpse of that which will frighten even the bravest men, scar women for life, and make babies spontaneously explode. He also gets drunk and engages in bar brawls at the drop of a hat, and likes to finish off his opponents with a maneuver that I am told is called "bag piping". Use your imagination, because it is too horrible to be described.

pevergreen- "Crocodile Dungreen"

Crocodile Dungreen is probably the greatest superhero ever, mate. When he's not driving around in his Subaru Outback with his kangaroo sidekick, he's wrestling crocodiles and dangling venomous snakes in front of impressionable children. He's also got a knife that is slightly bigger than the average knife. He also has the incredible power to blow his didgeridoo and summon wild radioactive tutu-wearing wallaroos that can bite the testes off of an elephant, but only elephants, mind you, we don't want to scare the children now.

TheFlax- "TheFlax"

With more speed, strength, stamina, and fiber content than the common Flax, this bright, colorful superhero has the ability to grow flax seeds within the blink of an eye, and use them as weapons, or to make fabric, dye, paper, medicines, fishing nets, hair gels, and soap. TheFlax can make his enemies gag on his linseed, and even if they do manage to swallow it, without enough water it can cause bowel obstructions, making TheFlax the most dangerous of all the superheroes. No townie should even be this scummy. Source: Wikipedia

Excessive consumption of flax seeds with inadequate water can cause bowel obstruction

Also, he may or may not wield a falx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falx), but so far that is merely rumor and speculation. :book:

Autolycus- "Autolysis Man!"

With the power to digest himself (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autolysis_%28biology%29)! He also can remove webbing from the fingers and toes of primate fetuses! He may also be able to shoot enzymes at people or objects, which might be able to, over time, cause some kind of damage, maybe! Not a guarantee.

If he becomes extremely powerful, he may suffer the final stage of Autolysis!, and eat himself to death. The exclamation point makes it exciting!

God Emperor- "Bible boy"

Has encyclopedic knowledge of all known holy books, and is pretty darn sure that imbues him with some kind of divine powers, like being able to spontaneously generate plagues, or turn water into wine and walk on water. Unfortunately, his faith also commands him to be a complete pacifist, so even if he did have God-like powers, he couldn't use them to fight evil, so he has to convert the evildoers to his religion. That's why he's armed with.... pamphlets and Chick tracts! Praise the lord!

:angel:

Diana Abnoba- "Goddess Girl"

She is the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, and young girls. She also has the incredible ability to be both the goddess of childbirth AND virginity at the same time, which you probably don't want to think about too carefully or blood will shoot out your nose. With her trusty Bow and Arrow, she will always fire straight and true, and like Cupid's own arrow, find its way into our hearts. Unfortunately, if you happen to be named Orion, that means you're dead. Whoops, was that my killing arrow or my love enchantment arrow? Sorry! Sorry! Are you going to be all right? Orion, baby? You okay? Hmm.... no pulse.

Perhaps some archery lessons are in order?

Yaseikhaan- "Greater-kami-makai-yasei-seirei-califragilistic-ultramega-khaan"

With his constantly shifting identity and unpronounceable name, Greater-kami-makai-yasei-seirei-califragilistic-ultramega-khaan has the ability to become completely undetectable for long periods of time, until even the host decides to WOG him. He is often pictured as a Genghis Khan (http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/8229/226886-genghis_khan_large.jpg) look-alike, riding atop a mighty Mongolian steed, with hordes and hordes of imaginary followers galloping behind him. He truly believes that he will become emperor of the entire world, but for now, he's content working down at the HuHot Mongolian Grill & Barbeque in West Des Moines. First Iowa, then Minnesota, then Newfoundland, then the WORLD!!!

He may or may not have the ability to shape-shift. Perhaps that's only in his mind. Only time will tell.

Sasaki Kojiro- Sake "The Wolf" Kojiro

When this master of the blade drinks enough Sake, he transforms into a giant bloodthirsty wolf.... with a hangover. The ability to transform into any animal, any animal at all, so long as it is a wolf makes Sake "The Wolf" Kojiro the most suspicious of all the superheroes. But is he mafia? ...Is he? Is he mafia? Would I do that to poor Sasaki Sake Kojiro?

Would I? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/shifty4ib.gif

He also has a samurai blade, but it is entirely possible that it is there merely for decorative purposes. http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/mischief.gif

Romanic- "Romanichine"

Half-Roman, half-machine. But he's all man, baby. ~:pimp:

He has the strength to bend steel bars, and more tools than the offspring of inspector gadget and a swiss army knife. But are any of them useful? And in spite of his hard metal exterior, will he ever develop the capacity.... for love? Or will he forever be cursed to be a hornball bachelor with excessive attachments?

Beefy187- "The Beefinator"

He has the ability to taste delicious when served rare or even medium well. However, The Beefinator doesn't necessarily want to be served on a dinner plate, and so he will encourage you to Eat Mor Chikin (http://greenopolis.com/files/images/eatMorChikin_0.profile.jpg). Tasting delicious has to be the least advantageous superpower, because someone is always trying to take a bite out of you. But, as a male steer, the Beefinator does have horns and is known to gore people, after delivering Arnold Schwarzeneggerian catch-phrases like "Hasta la vista, baby".

"What is best in life: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

He totally doesn't take steroids to make himself even more beefy, though. Not that you can prove!

Also, this:

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ilBiB2Ws9yw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ilBiB2Ws9yw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

So.... yeah. It's not going to be a very serious game at all. :laugh4:

Diana Abnoba
09-05-2010, 08:49
:laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4: This sounds awesome Pizza, you should really do this, just for fun. A small game will do nicely.

pevergreen
09-05-2010, 09:20
Typical american view of australia, but funny.

I loved beefys one though, for one reason.
"he will encourage you to Eat Mor Chikin."

Anyone that has beefy on facebook can understand why that is funny to me, I was across the table from him when it happened.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=32246602347

Romanic
09-05-2010, 09:22
Awesome stuff Pizza. Where do you get all these ideas? :grin:

Romanic- "Romanichine"

Half-Roman, half-machine. But he's all man, baby. ~:pimp:

He the strength to bend steel bars, and more tools than the offspring of inspector gadget and a swiss army knife. But are any of them useful? And in spite of his hard metal exterior, will he ever develop the capacity.... for love? Or will he forever be cursed to be a hornball bachelor with excessive attachments?

Love? No way, I'm a brute! I'm tough! I'm not RomanTic! :evil2:

johnhughthom
09-05-2010, 10:26
:inquisitive: Scottish? My dinner doesn't consist of a deep fried Mars bar, washed down with a bottle of Buckfast.

Hopes Rhyfelwyr doesn't pop into this thread...

Askthepizzaguy
09-05-2010, 10:38
:inquisitive: Scottish? My dinner doesn't consist of a deep fried Mars bar, washed down with a bottle of Buckfast.

Hopes Rhyfelwyr doesn't pop into this thread...

I remember you as the Scots in my 5 Kings hotseat, and as such I have an image of you as the Scots stuck in my brain. Feel free to make suggestions. I was going for laughs, not accuracy; see: Ibn-Khaldun

Diamondeye
09-05-2010, 11:04
Final Fantasy: Ultimate Saga [Night of the Werewolf-style game with weapons, items, some magic spells, and certain familiar classes and hidden skills] Small/Large game.

I've talked to GE and both of us are pretty interested in hosting a FF-themed game. We're currently playing through FFIX together (which means I drop by to play his game on his TV for hours and hours. But we use my memory card!), so that's why :tongue:

Anyway, as someone else said, a M:TG mafia game would be awesome. If you don't, then I will, at some point in time, attempt to undertake that. I hope.

Double A
09-05-2010, 23:59
I remember you as the Scots in my 5 Kings hotseat, and as such I have an image of you as the Scots stuck in my brain. Feel free to make suggestions. I was going for laughs, not accuracy; see: Ibn-Khaldun

If I wasn't laughing so hard I would dispute that.

Beskar
09-06-2010, 01:12

I will be talking to you on MSN... :book:

Captain Blackadder
09-06-2010, 12:45
Heroes and Villians sounds great I would be interested to see all the roles.

Diana Abnoba
09-06-2010, 13:01
All of them sound good. Whichever one you want to do is fine with me, I'll always sign up for your games. :2thumbsup:

Beefy187
09-06-2010, 13:04
What happened to starwars mafia?

Askthepizzaguy
09-06-2010, 13:10
That's my next large game. I don't have ideas for after that.

I also am looking for ideas for the next small game, and it looks like heroes and villains is pretty popular.

Chaotix
09-07-2010, 03:18
:laugh4:

Those .org super-heroes were great!

Though anything here will be a great game, I'm sure.

(This post is totally not a secret request for you to make me a superhero too.)

(No, really.)

Askthepizzaguy
09-07-2010, 12:18
I haven't even done a villain version of each person yet. That will be fun.

Diamondeye
09-08-2010, 00:46

I think I'd make a nice villain :beam:
That is, "nice" as in "well-suited", not as in "polite", because I wouldn't be polite - like, at all :stare:
And even if I was, it would only be to conceal my far worse dark and secret side.

Chaotix
09-09-2010, 17:23

I think my supervillain form would have to be the RandomPope from YLC's game that I forget the name of.

Those write-ups were so fun.

Askthepizzaguy
09-19-2010, 17:19
I believe Csargo wishes to reserve a spot in the heroes and villains game.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-19-2010, 17:25
Murder Manor :).

ULC
09-20-2010, 11:09
I think my supervillain form would have to be the RandomPope from YLC's game that I forget the name of.

Those write-ups were so fun.

The Dark Descent :bow:

In for Heroes and Villians. It sounds roleplay heavy, and that would be great after my long and forced absence.