PDA

View Full Version : How many games have you played on TW MP?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-07-2010, 17:50
Well :D?

Magyar Khan
09-07-2010, 17:53
:o) u could have added 10-20000 and 20k+ :o)

09-07-2010, 18:03
I did include Over 10,000 games :D.

Mr. Magyar Khan who played 20,000 games. :book:

Kagemusha
09-07-2010, 18:18
Also a third poll concerning the same issue, might suffer a swift end.:deal2:

UglyElmo2
09-07-2010, 20:42
10,000+ is kind of low for a cutoff point I would say aye Magy? :)

Gregoshi
09-07-2010, 23:04
The low end could have had another category or two as well - "under 100", "100-500" and "501-999" or something like that. I think I'd be in the Under 100 club...or maybe just eeeking into the "100-500" range. My guys get too winded from routing off the field, so I couldn't play too often. Fat samuai are like that.

Kocmoc
09-08-2010, 08:43
i had 20k in STW and over 30k in MI, with MTW it should be at least 40k. Those times there was logfiles, so you could easy say, how many battles you fought.

Koc

Togakure
09-08-2010, 09:07
That's simply incredible. If STW was released in 2000, and MI server went down in 2004, let's say four full years as a generous estimate. 365 x 4 is 1460 days. That means you played an average of over 34 games a day, everyday, for four years, to play around 50,000 games total. I started playing MI a lot in Sept 2003 and never saw you, so that means you played those 50K games in even less time. Truly amazing.

I figure I played maybe an average of 5 games a day, four days a week, for about a year in MI. So say 20 games a week average for a year--just over a thousand games or so in MI. I can't really remember how often I played VI. I started after VI came out and played until maybe six months after RTW was released. Maybe about the same number as MI.

Magyar Khan
09-08-2010, 09:53
I guess i had about 20k. Im sure i didnt have as much as koc..... And when u play thousands of games u dont wanna look at eyestraining backgroundmovie when hosting....

Kocmoc
09-08-2010, 12:12
That's simply incredible. If STW was released in 2000, and MI server went down in 2004, let's say four full years as a generous estimate. 365 x 4 is 1460 days. That means you played an average of over 34 games a day, everyday, for four years, to play around 50,000 games total. I started playing MI a lot in Sept 2003 and never saw you, so that means you played those 50K games in even less time. Truly amazing.

I figure I played maybe an average of 5 games a day, four days a week, for about a year in MI. So say 20 games a week average for a year--just over a thousand games or so in MI. I can't really remember how often I played VI. I started after VI came out and played until maybe six months after RTW was released. Maybe about the same number as MI.

I had a break at that time and played 7/24, at those times 1v1 was a lot more played than today, the game was very quick and if you played properly, you had surely 5-6 games a hour.
Mag and me also played tons of 2v2, many times we had a high pace in those games.

In MI i had a break of about 6 months, i played NWN at that time. Anyway, its just a guess based on my logfiles i saw in the folder.

Koc

edit: i remember goals, like more than 30 names in top 100, and i brought many names in top20 in less than a day, by playing 80-100 games.
Problem was the early european times, when only 5-7 people was online. You had to play same people over and over again.

Hard to say, since many years are gone, i remember "thejudge" a player who was using a frontal Monk-gun army all the time, it took me less than 5 mins to win the game. It was always totomi and i bet the quickest battles was 2 mins. I also remember Lordted with his 1k games, thats was also an amazing way to get many games in a short time.

Hard battles was only vs camper or real good player, than a game took longer. You cant compare that with today.
You played only MI or also STW? If you never played STW, go and try it, the speed in STW was a lot higher than in MI.

Togakure
09-08-2010, 13:23
... You played only MI or also STW? If you never played STW, go and try it, the speed in STW was a lot higher than in MI.
I played original STW a lot SP, but never MP. By the time I got involved with MP, it was late in the MI days. Games did tend to drag because of the power of muskets--in 3v3 in particular, because there was no open flank and everyone just lined up across the map to shoot first. We played mostly 3v3 because 4v4 lagged badly, and 2v2 didn't satisfy most players, who wanted bigger battles. Personally, I preferred 2v2 to shorten the ranged war and put more emphasis on momentum and flanking.

Kocmoc
09-08-2010, 13:36
Well, the speed you can see in SP as well, set a game up and watch how quick units move.

The problem in MI was the new designed maps, which kinda made almost everyone playing on this flat green map without a single tree.
This was of course in favor of missles, still, you had to use melee, else you was toast. With melee the game become pace.

Back to topic. If i just compare the amount of time spent today for a single game, with TW years ago, it is a real problem.
Of course this shooting battles can be funny, but this takes all in all too long.

Today you need a lot more time to get some games, reaching a high amount of played games is a lot harder and needs a lot more time.
Take me as example, im rusty and old, i hate those endless shooting wars, where a single hill or some good woods decide already the whole game.
I play Otto for now, getting some quick games. This makes fun and deliver some train. To let your units step-dance on many points is more than boring.

Koc

Magyar Khan
09-08-2010, 14:36
true the pace of hosting a battle is slower.... before u have a game up and soemone joins and are in contact on the battlefield takes more time.... on weird hunting nights with a fake Idname i like to rampage thru the hosted battles.... in ntw im more busy finding a suitable game , most are passworded or full all the time and even if i see some places left its full :)

09-09-2010, 12:37
I used to do or try to anyhow, 2-3 games a day on RTW, sometimes more or less, and I saved replays of at least 800 if not more RTW games I did, not counting the ones I didn't, plus MTW 1,VI,M2TW,ETW and NTW also.

Truly amazing how some of you got to 20k games or even more!

CanCritter
09-09-2010, 17:04
l quit counting after 50k and that was 5 years ago....imagine theres a few of us pushing 100k

09-09-2010, 17:24
How is it even possible to get to 50K games?

:pimp::turtle:

Major Robert Dump
09-09-2010, 17:48
Hmmm. My answer only applied to STW/MI. I played the hell out of some MTW and VI, MTW2 a little less so. Rome and NTW are the only two I missed, and I rarely played ETW unless it was with RLfriends. All in all, a significant chunk of my recreational time has been spent on TW in the past ten years, the vast majority of which was under the influence of alcohol.

STW/MI was still the biggest time sink, though. I was a young man then, just out of college and making my way.

On my tombstone it shall read:

He did not play Total War, Total War played him.

CanCritter
09-09-2010, 17:50
How is it even possible to get to 50K games?

:pimp::turtle:

winters off and a compulsion....

AMP
09-09-2010, 18:05
Thousands of games in STW and MTW:VI... the highest percent of the those games were very fast games of course... mostly cause I couldn't stand sitting around doing nothing, so I'd consider myself mostly a rusher in those times... even when I was suppose to be defending. I liked to get into the action as soon as possible because that was what I was playing the game for in the first place.

vartan
09-09-2010, 18:25
I've played over 9,000 games. And I mean literally.