PDA

View Full Version : LETS COLLECT beta test suggestions

Magyar Khan
09-08-2010, 16:18
I would like to collect suggestions from you for the beta-testing phase for CA.... why not help them in checking our list with perhaps simple and onvious suggestions... but everything may help... if possible be detailed and use Cointreau english scentences...

As first I would say......

- Check on unnecessary eye strain, fonts: Use clear fonts in the foyer, battle hosting screen and such. Remember people may sit 24/7 in front of the chatting and such
- Check on unnecessary eye strain, relaxness of the screen: Make an option to disable nasty backgroundmovies in the foyer and hostingscreens and such

Gregoshi
09-09-2010, 04:46
There are several suggestions from the other threads that could be added here for testing.

Connection quality evaluation and determining limits types of games (1v1, 2v2, etc) based on connection quality.
Testing drops and their impact on the remaining players in the game and any ladders/rankings afterwards.
Pre-/in-/post-game communications - chat foyer, voice, messaging.
Matchmaking flexibility for random opponents, private clan/group games, and tournaments.
Grouping options, formations, commands
Balance of units vs each other in cost, combat and movement in MP environment.
Terrain and weather effects to visibility, movement, combat, missile fire. Thinking of things like fog of war, guns in rain, fatigue in snow, hills blocking missile fire and so on.
Morale effects of guns, being flanked, proximity of taisho, other routing units friend/foe, charges, etc.
I'm sure the Ten Thousand Game club members can greatly expand the details of these and add a ton more.

AMP
09-09-2010, 18:24
Good list of common sense test suggestions you got most of the basics covered. ;)

Just hope they do a good test on those things and make the necessary ajustments...

UglyElmo2
09-09-2010, 23:10
I remember one thing that was a problem in the past and not sure if it is still there:

1. Check to make sure muskets and other gunpowder weapons (which depend on line of sight) do not shoot through buildings, hills, trees, etc . .

Gregoshi
09-10-2010, 04:07
1. Check to make sure muskets and other gunpowder weapons (which depend on line of sight) do not shoot through buildings, hills, trees, etc . .
That was included as part of my #7.

UglyElmo2
09-10-2010, 09:01
That was included as part of my #7.

Ooops! I missed the "Hills blocking missile fire" part of your number 7. :) Great minds think alike aye? hehe

Kagemusha
09-10-2010, 09:05
Im sticking this one also.Khaan please keep the list updated in the first post.:bow:

Magyar Khan
09-10-2010, 12:34
I will still want to get a few more people involved..... but i will within a day or so...

Major Robert Dump
09-10-2010, 14:03
1. Make sure AI of dropped players behaves as intended, whatever that may be.

AMP
09-10-2010, 15:47
It's funny how guns go from shooting through buildings and hills to shooting at them when there is an enemy unit behind being targeted. When it should be any solider in the unit that doesn't have LOS shouldn't fire! I wonder if it's even possible to fix?

I would like to be able to save replays from a game where someone has crashed the game so it ends...

You can have a checklist, but it's a matter of how they will go about fixing something or even if they can. All we can do is suggest ;)

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-10-2010, 16:49
Mabye set up a make-shift ladder system to see how it goes over.

Magyar Khan
10-10-2010, 18:04
plz test the whole set of steps of hosting and playing a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 battle...... check for every step was hassle or complications may be encountered....