PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly CA if your reading this throw us a bone!

Swoosh So
09-27-2010, 18:19
Ca throw us a bone here we know you cant confirm the big multiplayer thing your working on but some info on things like a fully functional chat lobby a map editor, your plan for mp maps? new grouping options? anything?

throw us a bone here...

Kagemusha
09-27-2010, 20:36
Patience is a virtue. I am just as anxious about the new title as one can get, but we just need to be patient and wait for their information,which they will share with us when the time is right.:bow:

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-27-2010, 21:48
Patience.

Besides, Don't you Wolves have a lot of Bones to chew on? :laugh4:

UglyElmo2
09-27-2010, 23:12
Patience is a virtue. I am just as anxious about the new title as one can get, but we just need to be patient and wait for their information,which they will share with us when the time is right.:bow:

2 days before game release. hehe

Kagemusha
09-28-2010, 00:35
2 days before game release. hehe

Could be.~;)

Swoosh So
09-28-2010, 08:01
Just hungry for info :) i wanna spam post but we about covered eveerything at the moment :p

CanCritter
09-29-2010, 05:49
these things are planed well in advance,,,if theres no word it probally because most of what we want wont happen and thier probally looking to protect sales by saying nada....

AMP
09-29-2010, 06:04
I'll probably grow old and die before I come across a good RTS in my time that I really want like a TW game without all it's flaws.

It all comes down to money and not the pure art of what should be in the games these days. Human nature for you... it's just how most people are and it's never gonna change.

Togakure
09-29-2010, 17:55
To be fair: CA's TW audience is diverse, ranging from kids to geezers, and what folks want out of the game varies quite a bit. Unfortunately, those of us who don't care so much about eye candy and casual entertainment factor, who want a "serious" competitively balanced battle sim, are in the minority. While I think CA does attempt to give us some of what we want, of course they cater to the highest common denominator. If one-or-the-other choices have to be made due to cost/time constraints, they are going to go with what will please the greatest number/sell the most. If our livelihoods depended on it, we'd probably do the same.

Another thought: few enjoy walking into a room full of less-than-friendly critics to answer questions etc. when there's hardly anything in it for them. We represent a teeny tiny part of the market share, and give them living hell in these threads. It doesn't surprised me that CA isn't lining up to throw us any bones, lol.

Swoosh So
09-29-2010, 18:41
This is hardly an attack thread togakure, at least that was not its intention.

Gregoshi
09-29-2010, 22:11
All in all, things have been fairly calm in here so far. There's been a little bitterness, but on the whole, most discussion has been positive or constructive in its criticism.

BTW, I'm still trying to get CA to visit here and hopeful get involved in the dialog as much as they can or are allowed. So far, my communications channel isn't working. I'll keep trying.

Togakure
09-30-2010, 02:01
This is hardly an attack thread togakure, at least that was not its intention.
Relax--I wasn't suggesting it was an "attack thread," or that any of you returning oldies are hostile to CA to any great degree. Go back and read the threads, pretend your CA, and ask yourself if you'd be chomping at the bit to come here and stand in the line of fire. Many of the complaints are quite valid. Much of the frustration expressed towards CA has been earned. My point was, if I was CA reading what's been posted here over the last couple of months, I'd not be anxious to come and share much--particularly if the criticisms weren't being addressed in the manner that patrons here have suggested.

Swoosh So
09-30-2010, 04:09
Im quite well informed about the threads posted here recently and i see a wealth of information in them, more so than any other totalwar forum, there are gripes of course but these are to be expected in any forum. CA have been posting here in the past when things were alot shall we say hotter. CA are posting at the TWC where tons of threads were a direct critism of CA. look at their shogun 2 forum. I think they had to delete the im boycotting shogun2 until we get mod tools thread since it was so busy. I dont see anywhere that were giving them "living hell" in these threads. Anyway this thread was probably a bad idea it really serves no purpose i was simply eager to find out more about the game.

Creative assembly have said that they want a big focus on multiplayer and if thats true its time to open up abit and talk with the community about it, i believe that for the first time they have a multiplayer team which is promising and our wolf spys bring even greater news. Anyway im in no doubt that their eyes will wander here more and more over the coming months. Would be silly of them not to check out the longest running fansite. Totalwar.org is still the 3rd totalwar result on google with only the official site above it.

Its a shame that not all ideas submitted by the community can make it into a game but if we get even 10% of them in shogun2 will be the best totalwar multiplayer game to date. If they were simply to add map editor, foyer and fix some bugs with movement those alone would satisfy most players and with the current engine be one of if not the best totalwar online. Actually my main worry at every totalwar release is will it be playable in mp rome and mtw2 werent and i hear empire wasent either. Napoleon is a little gem after all this time with poor mp releases and in many ways goes back to what was good about totalwar multiplayer, infact i think the reason many people like it is that it somehow feels similar to mtw1. Anyway CA shouldent read into things here as hostile a large chunk of the community left after rome was released and now theyre coming back in droves because they like what they see in napoleon totalwar and probably moreso are excited at the thought of shogun2. napoleon has flaws but theyre bareable. And as long as there are flaws their will always be some frustration but most posts i see are fine. Anyway im rambling another pointless post in a pointless thread.

Togakure
09-30-2010, 18:38
First, I concede that the term "living hell" is probably what raised hackles and is an overstatement on my part, though it's my opinion that there have been quite a number of comments towards CA that could be considered harsh.

Second, it seems like what I wrote was taken personally; it was not meant to be personal towards anyone.

It's not a useless thread. For the most part I feel the same way you do, swoosh so. My point was, perhaps we as a group are approaching things in a way that is less likely to have CA spending much time with us. If we refrain from negativity, we're more likely to get some answers, and perhaps some consideration in regard to suggestions.

Unless there are more comments directed at me personally, enough said about this on my part.

UglyElmo2
09-30-2010, 23:13
Unless there are more comments directed at me personally, enough said about this on my part.

Your feet are too smelly! :) hehe

Swoosh So
09-30-2010, 23:19
:O !

LadyAnn
10-01-2010, 01:04
Bones: wait 6 months and the battlefield will have plenty!
BTW, thanks to S2:TW announcement, I'll play occasionally on a rare weekend N:TW, under FFJade or Jady on Steam. Please don't kick my 1 star behind, although I do play like one, I promise to be entertaining to you.

Togakure
10-01-2010, 01:48
Your feet are too smelly! :) hehe
Yeah sorry--need to wash the daisies off my boots. Hard to keep from stepping in daisies around here lately. Who let the dogs out? :wink: hehe. MPers: ya gotta love 'em.

UglyElmo2
10-01-2010, 09:09
Yeah sorry--need to wash the daisies off my boots. Hard to keep from stepping in daisies around here lately. Who let the dogs out? :wink: hehe. MPers: ya gotta love 'em.

We're an obnoxious bunch o reprobates, but we're loveable at the same time. :)

Intrepid Sidekick
10-01-2010, 11:06
Hello Folks

We're just rummaging through the bones at the moment. Will let you know when we find something we might want to give you :)

Intrepid Sidekick

aka Jamie Ferguson (Shogun 2 Design Lead)

Kagemusha
10-01-2010, 15:49
Great to hear that we are not completely forgotten. Hopefully you pick a juicy and meaty bone for us.~D

Swoosh So
10-01-2010, 15:59
Dont take too long ive got some forum spamming to do! :)

UglyElmo2
10-02-2010, 07:14
Hello Folks

We're just rummaging through the bones at the moment. Will let you know when we find something we might want to give you :)

Intrepid Sidekick

Ah the brave CA soul who ventures into the chaotic morass known as the .org MP forum! Welcome Mr. Sidekick, it is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. My only question is: What pray tell did you do to be sentenced to interacting with us lot? The only worse punishment I could think of would be to make you a mod/admin at the .com . hehe

Magyar Khan
10-02-2010, 08:49
Welcome sidekick..... Swoosh suggested "bones" but bones also imply that their aint much to feed on..... À Nice suggestions could be perhaps that u look at THE sticky thread with our wishlist And comment on points from that list now and then....

AggonyDuck
10-02-2010, 19:02
Well you can't make a wargame without creating a thousands of virtual bones in the process.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-03-2010, 14:39
Dont take too long ive got some forum spamming to do! :)

Glory hogging from you olddies. :laugh4:

Nobunaga
10-12-2010, 18:53
Hello Folks

Intrepid Sidekick

I hate this policy.

Why can't CA work like blizzard or relic and be more open to the community.

Lack of info implies bad product. I am sure that if CA was serious or if STW2 was any good more info would be given to the community.

history repeating it self ...

Magyar Khan
10-12-2010, 19:21
if history repeats itself we may face a new era again with stw2 as we did with stw ;)

tibilicus
10-13-2010, 01:37
I wait tentatively for said bone.

:bow: