PDA

View Full Version : Small Mafia Game Homewhere Bound...

Diamondeye
09-28-2010, 07:52
I'm thinking of hosting a small mafia game soon. Now, I won't have a lot of time on my hands these next couple of weeks, so I'm in plenty of good time with this post, but I would like some feedback on this strange idea I just had.

It's a little bit (okay well a lot) inspired by Beefy's "Beefy In Love", in the way that's it's about me. Only, instead of girls vs toys, this is going to be something a little bit different...

I've been here for a year when we hit the 17th of November... What better way to celebrate than with a game where we're all Gameroomers who wants Diamondeye to stick around instead of giving in to the lure of spending all his time with the Civfanatics (or, God forbid, playing Civ?!)?

That's the idea for the main conflict... The .org's already "infested" with some CFC'ers, so the setting will be organic enough, only the conflict is going to be artificial (or is it? Will you even know?). Oh, and the writeups could be in the format of mini-forum threads/discussions.

I have some other ideas too (like the OotS mafia mentioned in my blog), so I'd like everyone's (okay everyone who thinks they might play) opinions.

:book: You guys?

Seon
09-28-2010, 22:43
Sure...sure mwahahahahahaha

Diamondeye
09-30-2010, 09:11
Well I'm glad you *like it*, Seon. But if this is really all the attention it's going to get, I might have to go with OotS as my next game :tongue:

ByzantineKnight
10-11-2010, 22:50
You don't mean Order of the Stick, do you?! :DBut I would be interested in either one :)

Diamondeye
10-12-2010, 12:27
You don't mean Order of the Stick, do you?! :DBut I would be interested in either one :)

I do but I have trouble reaching Rich to ask whether using his intellectual property for something like this would be possible. I have the impression that he's rather strict about this.
I wrote a blog entry about the idea and I'll be sure to develop upon it. I also thought about a Final Fantasy game, but I have to talk that idea over with God Emperor who also wanted to host such a game eventually.

Askthepizzaguy
12-10-2010, 00:02
Id be interested in this game.

Beefy187
12-13-2010, 05:11
Don't be discouraged by the number of posts. People rarely look at the gameroom assembly threads.
If this is up, I'm more then willing to play and I'm sure others will be too as theres no game on other then Starwars right now:bow:

Double A
12-14-2010, 02:36
I do but I have trouble reaching Rich to ask whether using his intellectual property for something like this would be possible. I have the impression that he's rather strict about this.
I wrote a blog entry about the idea and I'll be sure to develop upon it. I also thought about a Final Fantasy game, but I have to talk that idea over with God Emperor who also wanted to host such a game eventually.

You sure? I think mafia games are protected as parodies. Because if they weren't... George Lucas would be all over this site.

Diamondeye
12-15-2010, 23:32
You sure? I think mafia games are protected as parodies. Because if they weren't... George Lucas would be all over this site.

Good point. I have tons of work for the rest of this month, but in 2011, I might pull myself together and host the OotS game.

Double A
12-15-2010, 23:38
2011? You mean next month? :tongue:

Diamondeye
12-16-2010, 19:00
2011? You mean next month? :tongue:

I just meant it's not going to be this month