PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly So who still has the original red box, booklet, tech tree,disc?

Orda Khan
09-28-2010, 20:03
Title says it all.

A Nerd
09-28-2010, 21:01
Not me unfortunately. I don't value such things till long after they are gone. My sentimentality takes much time to mature (in some cases). It is really quite sad actually, but something I must learn to live with. :(

Togakure
09-28-2010, 22:26
I don't have the box anymore, but I have the discs (there are two), tech tree fold out, manual, and the strategy guide for the original Shogun.

Gregoshi
09-28-2010, 22:33
Same as Togakure.

Tera
09-28-2010, 23:13
Same as Togakure and Gregoshi.

I wish they still made games like that - big, colour tech tree .... thick, glossy manual ...seperate cd case....all in a big, red box...

Jochi Khan
09-29-2010, 00:10
I still have the originals (two discs etc) but not the red box.

Kas
09-29-2010, 00:19
I still have the complete STW game...box, discs, manual, tech tree.
MI ...only the disc...box and stuff must be somewhere...just can't find it, lol.
A friend still has my WE...and another a spare STW...and I think I send Grizz a replacement STW or MI also....longgggg time ago.

When I got myself the NTW Imperial Edition a few weeks ago...it was a pleasant surprise. Very nice..."old fashioned" box, manual, map, lovely artwork. Top notch!
I even like the game!

Orda Khan
09-29-2010, 17:23
Hello Kas, long time. So there are just the two of us so far then? I'm always accused of being a hoarder. Still, after 10 years mine looks like I only just bought it.... And to think that I had to upgrade drivers and such to be able to play it.

Surely there must be more than just 2 ????

Nelson
09-29-2010, 21:14
If I kept the box from every game I have purchased in the last 25 years my game room would have no room for me!

I have some more recent DVD games (such as M:TW II) in their plastic boxes but I never hold onto cardboard.

I do have every disc, booklet and map from each TW release.

caravel
09-29-2010, 22:24
I have the original, but disc 2 is slightly cracked, so unusable, and the box looks a bit tatty. Apart from that it's ok.

NagaoKagetora
09-30-2010, 17:41
Have it all still and even have the original Shogun "rolling demo" disc (that came with some other piece of crap game) that had me hook line and sinker!

The rolling demo basically contained this :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZA-gqJL9Is&p=ACC3B78ACEF2BC88&playnext=1&index=24

edyzmedieval
09-30-2010, 23:30
I still have everything!
Manual in perfect shape, not even a single page worn out. The fold out with the Daimyos is somewhat worn, but I even have the cardboard protection inside the red box! Red box in worn out shape but it looks good.

Kept it in good shape for 11 years. CD's are barely scratched.

Intrepid Sidekick
10-01-2010, 11:14
Yup I do. In suprisingly good condition too.

Kagemusha
10-01-2010, 15:47
Nice to see you here Intrepid Sidekick.Wellcome to the tea house!:bow:

Magyar Khan
10-01-2010, 20:07
mine are in good shape too.... but modern pcs makes them unrunnable....

Vanya
10-02-2010, 00:02
Gah!

Vanya has the original Shogun discs, box, etc. Vanya also has Mongol Invasion stuff, too. They are sitting neatly next to the stack of heads He collected from those storied days.

Alas, Vanya has been adrift for a while and has had to get by with fish heads. Not quite the same. Vanya prefers the "swordfish", but unlike their name suggests, their weapons frequently fail to measure up to Vanya's tempered steel.

Vanya is happy to see STW2. It's like a remake of a classic. Vanya wonders if His olde samurai costume will still fit...

Gah!

Gregoshi
10-02-2010, 06:17
Vanya has entered the building. Welcome back. I'm glad to see you haven't lost your heads.

Togakure
10-02-2010, 06:43
The Tea House has become a soup kitchen; Gah, indeed. Pass the salt.

Orda Khan
10-02-2010, 09:19
Gah!

Vanya has the original Shogun discs, box, etc. Vanya also has Mongol Invasion stuff, too.
I kind of guessed you would. Yes my MI stuff is there too, its impact wasn't quite the same in that plastic case, even if it was easier to store .... and I never liked that shaven headed Mongol. MI balance may have been off but it had the finest soundtrack/music of all the TW's.

Vanya
10-05-2010, 04:52
Vanya has entered the building. Welcome back. I'm glad to see you haven't lost your heads.

Gah!

Some of the older ones are turning to dust, sad to say. South Texas is humid. A desert clime is better at preserving things. Vanya just can't bring Himself to spring a couple of Gs for a freezer.

The collectibles, however, have been properly stuffed and hang above His dinner table.

Gah!

Major Robert Dump
10-05-2010, 07:30
I have it all as well. The manual is in good shape because I never used it, which should not come as a surprise to my MP opponents and allies

Drisos
10-05-2010, 22:41
I never owned the original, but my Warlord edition box is in good shape. :) (Incl Tech tree!! :D)