PDA

View Full Version : How many old clans are really coming back?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-03-2010, 18:25
How many old clans really are coming back? Because I know with M2TW there was all this hype with them.... and hardly any came back long term expect for a few. Would S2TW be taken any more seriously?

Swoosh So
10-03-2010, 19:11
If its good im sure a few clans will pop back up, alot of players are too fragmented now to form their old clans. MTW2 was terrible MP and most old clans and players saw this and dident bother with it. I dont even know if wolves will reform, at the moment im the only active wolf in Napoleon totalwar - magy and kocmoc play now and then but not for many weeks already. If i had to place a bet id say the old clans wont return for shogun 2 - we will see some players return for sure but beyond that i cant see it.

Kas
10-03-2010, 21:06
When STW2 mp will be good...I expect the return of many old players.

Not so sure about the clans...even when former die hard clan guys return...I think it will be different. We used to stab eachothers backs with passion...now we're much older and just happy to see eachother again.

The old shoggie feeling was special...we defended our own tribe and we fought the others. 7 years or so since...I now want to hug my former enemies.

I predict "the old" will stick together ...some kind of new "uber" clan...without a clan tag.
We don't need to be in a clan anymore I think, we seen it all already...probably too old to be bothered.

Newer clans will jump in...I hope the shoggie atmosphere (honourable behavior and vague stuff like that) will return, but I'm afraid the old will shake their heads, because it won't be the same anymore.

We're now the Statlers and Waldorfs here...lol

Orda Khan
10-03-2010, 21:37
Well I logged in to reply and Kas has more or less done it for me. Time has rolled on and we are all a tad older and now it's like 'wow hello mate, it's so good to see you again after all these years'.
Life sucks, and memories become rose tinted to compensate but let's not try to kid ourselves, Shogun 2 will never be Shogun it doesn't matter how hard we try. Whether it will be another pleasant chapter in the book of nostalgia remains to be seen. To be honest, for me, too many players never even made it to MTW and that's when the series turned to shit IMO, Rome just added to it.
It's way too far down the line to expect all those players and clans to return through some steam time warp. Sad but true.

And Kas, you've always been a softy at heart. If I'm not mistaken you attended more than one TW shindig ;)

Magyar Khan
10-04-2010, 01:10
part of the clan wolves aspect was the hunting on the sheep, collected in other clans.... for this a foyer did trigger me a lot.,... bragging sheep, the everlasting new players asking for challengers and so on... for the competetive aspect a foyer is a must....

i play ntw now and trhen cuz its GUI is not good enough for me.... it isnt made for the cybergamer but more for the sp gamer.... so many checks and doublechecks that for me it looks like starcraft2 also the era is not to my liking..... shogun era catches all whats needed, small time scale, less amount of units, rock scissors paper, the honour, the valour, the pain of hand to hand combat.... :)

i will return and if the gameplay suits me than i will rampage thru many hosted games..... but if the overal cybersport experience dissapoints me i will focus on mp campaigns.... still have the drive to create an online one once again.... if the game cant satisfy me perhaps the intrique between players and clans can ....

so summarized....

Foyer & excellent gameplay = Wolves herding everywhere

Togakure
10-04-2010, 10:44
Six of the 47s (Drisos, Anskar, Ishida, E-Menel, Methos, and me) are still in contact with each other via Facebook but we haven't communicated much in a while. Drisos has mentioned interest in S2TW but is heavily involved with Uni. The others are all pre-occupied with real life. The original forum's still up, but has been relatively lifeless for years now. When the release date is closer I'll see if they intend to give it a whirl.

The idea of being ronin without formal affiliations has always appealed to me, but if it turns out to be good enough to attract a lot of players, it'll probably be like VI, where if you're not in a clan, you'll end up in many games teamed with players you don't know who don't team very well, up against clan squads that do team well and just roll, roll, roll. That gets old after a while and is the main reason why I eventually joined the Hunters.

I think there will be a lot of new players and clans. As has been said, whether or not the old players/clans will really get into it will depend a lot on how good the overall experience is. One can only hope.

Gregoshi
10-04-2010, 13:18
I'm guessing the Doragons will not rise from the ashes.

Sp00n
10-05-2010, 11:40
I'm trialing in Aggony although I've hardly been around due to work and shamefully buying an xbox. Clan Takiyama (Mizu) is doubtful a lot of us split when Rome launched others like Jochi and Marcus are in Ronin.

Tears/Donbatti has been on NTW a bit, but apart from him and Jochi I've not spoken to any others apart from Orda here and a brief convo with CBR on MSN who may consider returning if its good.
Not sure what Yuuki and Tosa will do?

From Shogun days I've always kept in touch with my old clan m8 Linksan/EuroSan from chain and euro clans he may return if the games good. I have also seen some Elite's around.

But like others have said I expect the old to stick together due to the great times we had in Shogun and MTW its amazing how old some of us are these days coughs in Jochis direction :)

Just be nice to see as many old faces as possible tbh.

Tera
10-05-2010, 18:09
Nobody said that resurrecting a clan means bringing back all the old members and continue on the same path as left eight or seven years ago. Too much time has passed for that. Old clans will not "come back" in that form - as we remember them.

What can happen is for a few, or even one, old clan member to resurrect the name and the spirit of their respective clan. Re-build the membership base from grounds up, keep the name and retain the history and values. There will be undoubtedly many new players and at release, the timing will be perfect. It's only a question of leadership and strong will. Happened before, will happen again.

I'm sure the Grey Wolves will make a return and surely many of their future STW2 members will be new, but they will undoubtedly capture the old Wolf spirit. Like them, other clans can come back...

If the game is good and I will like it, I wouldn't mind getting Kenchikuka back on its feet, either. With some luck and some courage, we could easily have 20 new members and still claim to be the oldest clan in Total War. :)

Jochi Khan
10-05-2010, 20:11
Clan Takiyama (Mizu) is doubtful a lot of us split when Rome launched others like Jochi and Marcus are in Ronin.

Marcus and I play as ^Nomads^, individuals who play together but not tied to any Clan. :wink:

But like others have said I expect the old to stick together due to the great times we had in Shogun and MTW

It seems that a lot of the older players are coming together already and having some fun playing NTW.

Its amazing how old some of us are these days coughs in Jochis direction :)

The older we get in years the more we enjoy ourselves. :laugh4:
The one thing I do admire among the players who know me and my real age is the fun comments and the happy joking that takes place.
Have you ever tried leading an army using a 'walker' or 'zimmer frame' as we call them?? :laugh4: :oops:

10-05-2010, 20:16
Nobody said that resurrecting a clan means bringing back all the old members and continue on the same path as left eight or seven years ago. Too much time has passed for that. Old clans will not "come back" in that form - as we remember them.

One need not have all thy old members to be a great old clan today- Good point. :balloon2:

Drisos
10-05-2010, 23:36
I doubt oldtimers will make up a big part of the number of people playing S2:TW online. Let's hope the atmosphere is good nontheless. [I did not like the R:TW foyer... :(]

I guess most people don't feel the need for a resurrection, if there's only one or two 'of the old days' in town.
But I expect at least 7Bear7 and Aggony in there, ... maybe even Takiyama and Wolves?

10-09-2010, 19:49
Just food for thought:

If Oldtimers give advice and want things, but don't plan on returning, then first off, why give your opinion and two, why not come back?

:turtle::faq:

CanCritter
10-10-2010, 01:13
RW will be there as ussual..we never left ..see ya'll opening day..bring next of kin notifications forms

Kocmoc
10-12-2010, 10:57
No, maybe a few, but most will play it a few days or weeks and than leave again.
The only chance to get those old people interested and than keep em interested is, if the game is really good.

The minimum is obvious, while many old player want gameplay more than eyecandy, this wont work.
While i hope for the best, i still feel, that we will be disappointed. S2 wont be close to STW, surely a lot better looking game, i also bet, that we will have a much better SP-Campagin.
But thats it, the gameplay will be crap and it will be an early beta once again.

3 Months after launch, you will see max 2-4 old clans, maybe not a single one.

Swoosh So
10-12-2010, 18:54
Time will tell.

Nobunaga
10-12-2010, 18:57
well ... if CA was serious this time more info would be given especially since we are 6 month before release. Can't believe that some people still fall for CA marketing schemes ...

Swoosh So
10-12-2010, 19:06
Whos falling for what? Ca are releasing info about their game as is normal its still early days and im sure many people are still undecided on shogun2. I guess most people on this forum (the multiplayer forum) are waiting on reports for multiplayer.

ELITEofJerichoPrime
01-05-2011, 11:58
Hi all,

long time ago. Greetings to all of you who knows me.
well i think that i am an oldtimer. I can say for me. I will play STW2 in MP if there is a relationship to STW. I hope CA develops STW2 very well with all gimmicks from the old game.
For old ELITEs i can say, that i am with some of them still in contact and they follow up the development of STW2.

I think we will see us in STW2 chatroom sorted by Clannames :-)

Magyar Khan
01-05-2011, 14:35
howl JP greetings and welcome.... we hope to see the eliteforce onlien soon....!

01-06-2011, 21:30
Hi all,

long time ago. Greetings to all of you who knows me.
well i think that i am an oldtimer. I can say for me. I will play STW2 in MP if there is a relationship to STW. I hope CA develops STW2 very well with all gimmicks from the old game.
For old ELITEs i can say, that i am with some of them still in contact and they follow up the development of STW2.

I think we will see us in STW2 chatroom sorted by Clannames :-)

Good to see you JP!! :)

Obake
02-27-2011, 04:47
Interesting discussion.

t1master
02-27-2011, 14:59
smells a little moldy, but it's definitely Obake!

Justy_SG
03-03-2011, 07:56
greetings to all of u up there,

almost a decade later, i believe there are a lot of papa out there now. :)

after searching steam for familiar names, me finally got to add some of u !

tootee
03-03-2011, 08:34
Hey Justy thanks for giving me the head-up on S2TW! Lets sound the horn and gather our brothers.. only this time my gal will be controlling the mouse...

The forum looks... different..

Kocmoc
03-03-2011, 10:21
Well, look at the numbers. If i compare the people who visit the different forum, i clearly see that 90% or more still are on the SP part of the game.

As this is about old clans, i think it will be always very hard to create a "new" game and ensure, that you please the oldtimer.
Its hard and also questionable, just a handful player, who wont make much of a difference.

The game is a lot better than many of the other TW versions, CA really try to get a better MP-part out.
I still doubt, that we will see many old clans or player coming back. There will be some, who try it out and leave after some days of playing.
There will be a almost complete new generation of player, with some luck a few clans will be back, but surely not many.

I spoke with many people and im surprised by the positive feeling concerning the amount of MPlayer.
As it is now, i have heavy doubts, that we will really see a huge amount of MPlayer.
Sure, there will be more than we had 10 years ago, but it wont be 10 or 20k like some are hoping.

The gamedesign has some aspects, like achievements or that little campaign you have to play, but this is more ore less stuff copied from other games,
nothing new and surely not good enough to make this game a success for onlinegaming.

2 weeks to goo and hopefully im wrong and we see 100k player online.

Koc

Galvanized Iron
03-03-2011, 15:50
We Sith will most likely stick with good old RTW as we always have, many Sith members tried the Shogun 2 demo, none where impressed. Shogun 2 combat engine is simply inferior to the RTW engine.

Justy_SG
03-03-2011, 16:54
the environment cannot adapt to us, but we can adapt to the environment.

good to see u tootee, dont tell me you have a 10yr old child already.

Sjakihata
03-03-2011, 18:00
If the game is good and I will like it, I wouldn't mind getting Kenchikuka back on its feet, either. With some luck and some courage, we could easily have 20 new members and still claim to be the oldest clan in Total War. :)

pop me a message if you do resurrect Kenchi- would be good to be back in it

03-03-2011, 23:15
pop me a message if you do resurrect Kenchi- would be good to be back in it

It be nice to see Kenchikuka return to TW MP :chef: :pimp:.

Shahed
03-05-2011, 22:50
Greetings EVERYONE!

Hope you are all doing great. Nice to see you all again after a long time.

I'm likely to be be back for Shogun2, perhaps not on March 15th but probably by summer. I've played the demo in various forms and I can say I very much like what I see. I cannot predict how the game will be but it does look promising, to me, at this stage. I'm going to be involved in the game launch in Belgium, organizing a launch event with some support from Sega. So if any of you are in the neighborhood around March 19th, give me a shout and it will be a pleasure to send you an invite to the event. It's going to be around 30-40 people, 24 PCs at a dedicated games café. LAN & internet multiplayer, hopefully some sushi and sake!

I'm also very keen on joining a clan for this game, provided the multiplayer offers decent tactical gameplay. So if any of you are looking for an old Ronin, please feel free to send me any details of your offer. I would be willing to be part of a clan which takes the teamwork seriously and plays with some tactics and strategy in mind.

Salute!

Succi
03-05-2011, 22:54
Hi all,

I've been following STW2 for the last month or so, and was greatly encouraged by the demo. It 'feels' like shogun again, unlike the rest of the TW series which I have serious problems with (lets not go there).

I'm posting here as I used to be a regular in this forum. My username was OUT4BLOOD, and I played with that and various different aliases (MaskedTerror, TheLoneWolf etc). I was only 13 back then (23 now - ouch), so apologies for being the annoying prick that I almost inevitably was. I'm glad I managed to find my way back to this forum, as I have some fond memories of events (especially the tournaments) and people here. I'm also happy to see I recognise some of the old names posting.

I seem to remember it was one of the mods on this forum that ensured both prizes from the tournaments I won safety arrived, so thanks again for that. The Tanto is still sitting proudly on my wall:

http://i56.tinypic.com/991308.jpg

Shogun (and Age of Empires) ignited the competitive online spirit in me, that's lasted for 10 years. I think I ended up stopping Shogun for Counter-Strike where I played pretty seriously, from then I went to various MMO's and RTS.

I will most likely play agaiun, and I really hope Shogun2 can present a viable platform for competitive e-sport.

peaceout

03-06-2011, 00:16
AH, so you the legendary person who won the samurai sword :chef:.

jodmeister
03-08-2011, 14:00
Well, mines ordered.

So that'll be JOD the ronin back.

I never joined any clan after palying STW for quite some time.

Cannot wait to get stuck back into it.

JOD.

03-08-2011, 21:42
All of these old vets are coming back :clown:.

Judge
03-09-2011, 15:26
Aggony have recieved a handful of new recruits , who were infact VETS of Old , im sure you will recognise the names when you see them :)

Sp00n
03-09-2011, 16:43
Hi all,

I've been following STW2 for the last month or so, and was greatly encouraged by the demo. It 'feels' like shogun again, unlike the rest of the TW series which I have serious problems with (lets not go there).

I'm posting here as I used to be a regular in this forum. My username was OUT4BLOOD, and I played with that and various different aliases (MaskedTerror, TheLoneWolf etc). I was only 13 back then (23 now - ouch), so apologies for being the annoying prick that I almost inevitably was. I'm glad I managed to find my way back to this forum, as I have some fond memories of events (especially the tournaments) and people here. I'm also happy to see I recognise some of the old names posting.

I seem to remember it was one of the mods on this forum that ensured both prizes from the tournaments I won safety arrived, so thanks again for that. The Tanto is still sitting proudly on my wall:

Shogun (and Age of Empires) ignited the competitive online spirit in me, that's lasted for 10 years. I think I ended up stopping Shogun for Counter-Strike where I played pretty seriously, from then I went to various MMO's and RTS.

I will most likely play agaiun, and I really hope Shogun2 can present a viable platform for competitive e-sport.

peaceout

Masked Terror :) I remember you well, welcome back.

DthB4Dishonor
03-09-2011, 17:14
Aggony have recieved a handful of new recruits , who were infact VETS of Old , im sure you will recognise the names when you see them :)

Yes, I saw many Old Vets have joined Aggony. Amp and Lady Anne to name a few.

Swoosh So
03-09-2011, 18:06
Hello masked :) just to let u know magyarkhan and kocmoc are still playing totalwar and plan to reform wolves in stw2, i left wolves to join aggony tho last month. Nice to see u back and OMG JOD! i remember u!

UglyJun
03-09-2011, 18:33
welcome back Masked and Jod :)

Succi
03-11-2011, 15:07
Hey thanks for the replies, nice to see this place still has a community.

My memories of how I played STW are quite hazy, I used to have this notebook where I would write down armies, and how to attack/defend with them but I can't find it :< . As a result of this 10 year gap I few some questions, and also some about S2 multiplayer (which people might not know yet).

1. In the original shogun, the fairest/flattest original map had a small ridge in the middle - what was the name of it? 4th something?

2. I've played some subsequent games in the TW series, and it feels like friendly fire has been messed with. Is it now always best to rain arrows down upon a melee of both enemy and friendly troops? Aka has CA added some dumbed down rule-set to pander to people who want arcade style gameplay, which means friendly fire does e.g half damage. Does this also apply to musket fire? I'm failing to see how you could 'arc' muskets firing behind your lines to predominantly hit the enemy

3. In S2 is there anyway to 'drag' (rotate/turn) the camera with the mouse besides using the edge of the screen? I feel this is by far the best control setup. I recall in some of the TW series, you could how down mouse 3 to have this effect. I find having to move the mouse all the way to the side of the screen clumsy when APM really counts in MP action, plus I use 2 monitors so my cursor will simply carry onto the next screen on one side

4. Do any replays exist of the earlier (2000-2001) tournament finals?

5. From the recent MP Dev videos, I'm increasingly aware of the upgrade/progressive elements of the MP. Every games dev wants to tap into the progressive/grind elements on online games these days, as it sets targets for people and essentially helps get them addicted (a sad substitute for addictive actual gameplay). My question is, will there be a simple mode where these are either all accessible or locked out to make sure both sides have exactly the same chances when entering the fight? If not, I fear the competitive elements of S2 will be damaged to the extent of

1. either needing to grind all the achievements or

2. one general always having a clear advantage prior to the fight even starting

thanks in advance

Sp00n
03-11-2011, 15:30
Totomi was the flat one with smalls rises in the center with a small hill right if you were defending, or 4th Kawanjima not sure on spelling had the square raisedblock in the center.

Theres some replays around Magy has a site on youtube but not seen any of the old tournys, I did have some replays from CWC finals way back in VI but my hotmail account kindly deleted them a few years back.

Your general will be hugely important.

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 17:06
Totomi was ridiculously popular in Shoggy. I remember fighting very hard for that center little mound. Bacchus Gambit was another one of my favorite maps to play.

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 19:31
i have 2 old HHDs full with replays and combatlogs. No idea where they are right now, but there are replays. It was already possible to make replays in STW, if i remember well, you had to rename the file just after each game. I know Magy has some replays as well.

So yes, there are replays around still.

OUT4BLOOD
03-11-2011, 22:00
Yeah, it was 4th I was thinking of. Pretty much always picked that map

03-11-2011, 22:08
Why was Totomi such a popluar map?

gollum
03-11-2011, 22:13
Because it was flat except for 2 little bumps in the centre. There were epic fights for these as they gave the little bit of advantage to missiles and melee due to the slight elevation and slope.

In contrast pure steppe maps had no such elements, as it was all about maneuvering, which some no doubt would say is more pure and more fair. Imo, i think a Totomi type of map is perfect. Even a chess board is not completely "flat" - the centre of the board gives faster access and more influence squares to the rest and so it can be considered a hill of sorts. As many would know a lot in chess hinges in control of teh center.

Sp00n
03-12-2011, 00:18
It wasnt completely flat, it had a small rise leading up to small bumps center which Def would camp on, def had a small hill at edge of map to the right and a smallish rise with a few trees to the left. It favoured the def slightly but if you knew the map well there were plenty of ways to attack it.
Attacker normally would choose to assault a side, sometimes sparking a rush to get to the defs right hill, or go the left side.

I hope its in the game as we asked for it.

Hunter KIng George
03-12-2011, 00:36
Hunters will be representing.

I hope many of my old brothers will return to the Hunting grounds. Too many here to name...you all know who you are...:curtain:

OUT4BLOOD
03-12-2011, 00:38
Was 4th requested?

Swoosh So
03-12-2011, 10:05
Hey thanks for the replies, nice to see this place still has a community.

My memories of how I played STW are quite hazy, I used to have this notebook where I would write down armies, and how to attack/defend with them but I can't find it :< . As a result of this 10 year gap I few some questions, and also some about S2 multiplayer (which people might not know yet).

1. In the original shogun, the fairest/flattest original map had a small ridge in the middle - what was the name of it? 4th something?

2. I've played some subsequent games in the TW series, and it feels like friendly fire has been messed with. Is it now always best to rain arrows down upon a melee of both enemy and friendly troops? Aka has CA added some dumbed down rule-set to pander to people who want arcade style gameplay, which means friendly fire does e.g half damage. Does this also apply to musket fire? I'm failing to see how you could 'arc' muskets firing behind your lines to predominantly hit the enemy

3. In S2 is there anyway to 'drag' (rotate/turn) the camera with the mouse besides using the edge of the screen? I feel this is by far the best control setup. I recall in some of the TW series, you could how down mouse 3 to have this effect. I find having to move the mouse all the way to the side of the screen clumsy when APM really counts in MP action, plus I use 2 monitors so my cursor will simply carry onto the next screen on one side

4. Do any replays exist of the earlier (2000-2001) tournament finals?

5. From the recent MP Dev videos, I'm increasingly aware of the upgrade/progressive elements of the MP. Every games dev wants to tap into the progressive/grind elements on online games these days, as it sets targets for people and essentially helps get them addicted (a sad substitute for addictive actual gameplay). My question is, will there be a simple mode where these are either all accessible or locked out to make sure both sides have exactly the same chances when entering the fight? If not, I fear the competitive elements of S2 will be damaged to the extent of

1. either needing to grind all the achievements or

2. one general always having a clear advantage prior to the fight even starting

thanks in advance

1. Already answered.

2. Looking good from what i saw so far in videos and demo.

3. Its been in recent games, middle mouse.

4. Not unless somone digs out an old hard drive or something. Some old videos from magy https://www.youtube.com/user/Magyarkhan#g/u

5. CA promised a Totalwar classic mode which will function as Mp always did with all units simply bought from the game budget.

OUT4BLOOD
03-12-2011, 10:33
Thanks,

can you describe what you mean by 'looking good'. Is friendly fire reduced damage?

NagaoKagetora
03-12-2011, 13:12
Hi all,

peaceout

Hello Masked! hope you are well, I used to have great fun wasting whole weekends playing with you and against you :)
<< KenchiKagetora

OUT4BLOOD
03-12-2011, 23:25
Hey Kagetora

I do remember all these names, unfortunately it seems my memory was still underdeveloped at that age (and it sucks anyway) so I can't really remember specifics! I had a soft spot for kenchi though for sure

jodmeister
03-14-2011, 16:37
Well I'm certainly back....game arrived today, but cannot install until tomorrow, 15th due to Steam.

Well 10yrs on and great to see some of the oldies returning out of the woodwork. sp00n=purpleblade

I feel real excited again, gradually lost interest in the other era TW's.

You know what...I may even ask to join a clan.

Great to be back again.....wooooohoooooo and BANZAIIIIIIIIII.

Anyone fancy a musket shootout on TOTOMI.

JOD.

Kocmoc
03-14-2011, 16:51
Well I'm certainly back....game arrived today, but cannot install until tomorrow, 15th due to Steam.

Well 10yrs on and great to see some of the oldies returning out of the woodwork. sp00n=purpleblade=swoosh?

JOD.

JOOOOooooo00000oooooOoOoOOD ! Haha

Sp00n
03-14-2011, 16:53

Well 10yrs on and great to see some of the oldies returning out of the woodwork. sp00n=purpleblade=swoosh?

JOD.

Purpleblade was me:), welcome back :) see you online soon hopemy game arrives today as well. Welcome back Hunters also.

jodmeister
03-14-2011, 17:03
LOL....I remember the laggy days of 3v3 and 4v4 and waited to see who had the best connection on dial-up.

Then along came Lunchbox who seemed to host every lunchtime on a 1mbps connection which was awesome, although come to think of it that might have been MTW before the first patch.

However, I can still remember some awesome battles lasting an hour or two. I always got my ass whipped by MagyarKhan with his ultimate cav skills, but I did beat him once with a rush having set up right next to him......my one and only win over him...lol.

Hehehehehe....I'm soooooo excited.

JOD.

AMP
03-14-2011, 17:55

Heh, who uses mouse edge scrolling/rotation? I never touched that in any RTS games I've played, never even thought to... You have your keyboard and your middle mouse for that along with camerafreedom setting your camera at the right angle, so you don't have to move it to much. You have the options of old school camera movement like in STW using wasd for movement and rotation or have wasd for movement and middle mouse for rotation. It is always quite funny/shocking to see a veteran using their mouse for edge scrolling/rotation because like you said you only kill your apm and you have a keyboard as well, so use it. Gotta love some of those youtube videos of people showing their controls first hand.

OUT4BLOOD
03-14-2011, 21:28
Mouse3 in the demo didn't work for me. I'm also keen to rebind mouse3, as I'm using a razer mouse which has notoriously damage-prone middle button.

I'm using esdf (turn, not strafe) at the moment, but it's slightly clumsy without the mouse3 function. I see no reason why mouse1 couldn't have the same function(similar to mmo controls) when you click on the terrain, as it wouldn't conflict with selecting units or clicking on the ui

1Master1Buck
03-15-2011, 01:37
Hi Folks,

I was a STW original online player in the Dreadmasters Clan. I am hoping to find at least one other Dread out there. I want to resurrect the honorable group but leave the door open if any of the leaders show up.

If you are an old Dreadmaster using a new name, look for my thread in clan recruitment in the TotalWar.com Shougun 2 multiplayer forum. Send me a note or post. I would love to see remnants of the old team online.

By the way, I started a private Steam group for us (I am the only member presently!).

Your Humble Servant,

1Master1Buck

Sp00n
03-15-2011, 13:57
Welcome back Buck:) glad to see one of the old Dreads back.

03-16-2011, 01:50
DREAD PEOPLE ARE COMING BACK, RUN AWAY!!!!

CALL IN THE HUSSARS!
https://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq147/Warman8/Haynau.jpg

Welcome back mate.

:bow:

Major Robert Dump
03-16-2011, 03:24
With so many of us "grown up" now, I think there could be some really great gaming to be had if the game lives up to our expectations.

Trash
03-17-2011, 01:13
Hi everyone!
While I started to play TW online during late MTW/ early VI I do recognize many of these names popping up in here :) , I do have some questions regarding S2 tho. Are the units behaving like blobs( like rtw ) or more like the blocks of old? Is the general feel of the battles still like an arcade game?

DthB4Dishonor
03-17-2011, 07:55
I'm actually really enjoying the game play of S2TW. Now match making for 2v2 or 3v3 leaves a lot to be desired at this point but its a fun game with some good balance IMHO. I was pleasantly surprised.

Swoosh So
03-17-2011, 08:01
Yeah the gameplay is pretty solid, best totalwar since mtw1 IMO just bugs here there and everwhere :)

gollum
03-17-2011, 11:13
Choose the mosquito cover hat and teh flyswat sword for your general Swoosh ;)

Krasturak
04-16-2011, 02:13
The old shoggie feeling was special...we defended our own tribe and we fought the others. 7 years or so since...I now want to hug my former enemies.

Krast agrees, but maybe 'hug' is wrong word.

*sharpens axe*