View Full Version : Beta Testing S2TW MP

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-12-2010, 17:12
Would you be willing to Beta test it?

I would sure do it.

Nobunaga
10-12-2010, 18:47
knowing CA this will never happen

They don't want bad publicity before release so no beta. However you can beta test after release ;)

Swoosh So
10-12-2010, 18:58
Just because your not aware of something doesent mean it is not happening :)
Beta testers would not be able to speak about the game prior to release as they would surely sign an NDA so i dont see the arguement about bad publicity.

Magyar Khan
10-12-2010, 19:22
i would be happy to know how CA is testing this game and with whom...

in the past we saw that the most obvious things were missed..... I guess the game is tested inhouse with their own employees and perhaps friends...

Nikodil
10-13-2010, 18:04
Would you be willing to Beta test it?

I would sure do it.

Yeah I would too if I was CA.

oh, ehmm, wait..., this poll was meant for CA right? :inquisitive:

AggonyKing
10-13-2010, 18:21
close beta I would gladly do it. Thankfully I have plenty of experience testing games :D

but its up to CA though. I would love to see them close beta the game though, at least for MP.

Swoosh So
10-14-2010, 17:52
In this day and age its a wonder every game doesent have an open beta..

Kocmoc
10-18-2010, 14:01
a poll is only useful, if the outcome isnt obvious.
Almost everyone will of course vote "yes".

Open Beta is something we asked for years now, the only betatests where player was involved was patches and that was back in STW/MI.
The outcome was pretty good, although the muskets was still a bit too strong...

CA seems to not want to have people involved into this, thats a fact and they do this since almost 10 years now.
You cant blame them for this. While we wish there would be a beta, its still their game and their decision.

I think that CA lack manpower, there must be a very small betateam or actual no team at all and their programmer has to test it.
There are also more than one way to improve the testing phase, even if CA doesnt want to involve the community as betatester.

There could be a speaker of the betatester, who stream and report about the tests, while the community could (we doin it already) deliver things they want to get tested.
Anyway, it wouldnt surprise me at all, if there werent a open beta once again.

With all those promises done the last months, this is the last chance for CA to get TW in MP-shape.
Too many player are not convinced, many have heavy doubts and hope that it become really good.

Andres
10-20-2010, 12:13
Sent an e-mail to CA simply to let them know that this is the place to go if they're looking for volunteers to test the (MP aspects of the) game in a closed beta.

Swoosh So
10-20-2010, 21:27
This would be the place that they should come to if they want people to design the mp part of the game.. Its like everyone knows whats needed except the people in CA. They have a mp team for once lets hope theyre listening. They have to fix the basics then look at the wanted list already on these forums instead of planning something "BIG". The biggest things they could provide are a proper chat foyer (well designed) a map editor and bug fixes (everything from hosting bugs to run bugs/movement bugs). If thats not provided anything else is just a band aid on an old stinky wound that will soon seep through again.

Dont want to sound too negative here cause i did like NTW till i got bored to death with the terrible and limited map design and watched my friends stop playing because of the F*ng game bugs. NTW was 'ok' but it needs what ive listed above and many people have been spamming the forums about. I await the first multiplayer previews to see what this multiplayer team come up and really hope part of their jobs is researching what the community want! Cause i aint wasting my time to get into a game like this again that i know that myself and my friends will be fedup within 1 month when that old wound starts showing up again..

Magyar Khan
10-20-2010, 21:53
well spoken swoosh...... for me the org could serve us when a CA employee is directed to our wishlist.... it hurts me to see that in several TWcentre thread TWgraig is more occupied in some jokes with boardvisitors instead of providing directions....

Kocmoc
10-21-2010, 09:44
Well, the problem is, that so many other games fix and patch on a regular basis. So of course you come and and look at CA and their games.
Where is/are the patch for NTW? Many bugs are there, many are pointed out already, most are very obvious. Why this isnt fixed already?

If i look at the current situation, i ask myself how this will work once S2 is out? Do we really expect, that everything will change in 6 months?
I doubt it, the patch-policy from CA was (i hope im right) always same, after some months we got one patch and thats it.

In my opinion it is almost impossible to patch/fix a game like TW with just one patch. Especially the units need surely a few small patches, to adjust some stats and finetune the balance.
Many small or even some bigger exploits needs time to get found by the players, each time such a exploits is shown or came up, there needs to come a little patch.

If steam is used, you can easy bring the patches about the downloads and done.

But the fact stands, if CA dont fix/patch NTW, how on earth they do it with S2?!?!

Swoosh So
10-21-2010, 18:20
Ca made alot of patches for Empire totalwar like 5 or 6 i think but from what i hear that game was a total disaster on release and Ca got totally burned for it, ofc the magazines that noone trusts or buys anymore gave it a high % review score and completely ignored the bugs (PC Zone gone out of business- good riddance-pcgamer next plz) See here for a detailed list of what went on in empire totalwar https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryJoeShow#p/search/0/r61jDAXWnYI theres a history of the patching in empire totalwar before the preview of napoleon which basically calls the released game a "buggy beta test".

Ca said judge us on Napoleon our latest game not Empire, thats fine if your into single player to an extent but if your a multiplayer its stil full of bugs and drops when playing online. So while napoleon fixed things for the single players it still left the multiplayer game full of bugs and connection problems. I cant think of a single game i have played where you get as many drops as totalwar nowadays not even 5% as much as the problems in totalwar SIGH judge them on this they say. Well ok then the multiplayer is still broken in napoleon and we hope to see this fixed in shogun2 before anything else and hope to see a clear statement from CA in the previews that the problems have been addressed.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-22-2010, 00:57
Why do you guys get so involved with minute details of the game " If this unit moves 1.2% faster....''?

:help:

AggonyGrudge
10-23-2010, 04:42
Agrees with Swoosh's last post.