PDA

View Full Version : Calling all potenial IH hosts!

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
11-04-2010, 18:36
Please host a new IH someone! The King of Swissland misses his MP Interactive Histories!

Peasant Phill
11-04-2010, 21:02
And you have had a quick taste of how much work it takes to host one so you should know that this is a serious commitment. You can't just order someone to do it.

11-04-2010, 21:07
Well I just did. :balloon2:

Franconicus
11-05-2010, 17:23
At your service :bow:

How much would you like to spend, Sir?

11-06-2010, 17:16
How much are you charging? :clown:

Franconicus
11-07-2010, 19:14
Well, if you want the standard one with a smart set-up. one chapter and an open end - 2,000 bucks. :laugh4:

11-08-2010, 13:55
Meanie. :laugh4:

Kagemusha
11-09-2010, 17:00
Im so cheap that i will offer to do the the same as Franc for 1000 bucks.:deal:

Franconicus
11-09-2010, 19:07
:furious3:Dumping!

11-10-2010, 01:14
Meanies!! :laugh4:

Pranas
11-10-2010, 22:33
Well, if we want IH so badly and since it takes so much efford, how about make it little bit simpler.
Instead of huge chapters, just post basic news, like "what's happening around the world", "Gosip" and stuff.
This will move the game faster.
well anyway...just here to give some ideas

Kagemusha
11-12-2010, 16:31
As an announcement. Like many of you have noticed. I have been dong research for the next evolution of the Sengoku Jidai IH, but as it seems the level of detail i was aiming for takes so huge amounts of work. I have decided that the sequal will be lot more close to the original, which also means that it will start lot more sooner then with the current frame would have.:bow:

Franconicus
11-12-2010, 16:52
Well, if we want IH so badly and since it takes so much efford, how about make it little bit simpler.
Instead of huge chapters, just post basic news, like "what's happening around the world", "Gosip" and stuff.

You are absolutely right. We have to find a way to make these games cheaper.
Writing the chapters is not that much work. Much harder is all the conversation between and the "calculations" about the consequences.

Lord Winter
11-13-2010, 05:25
Maybe the response is to limit the general scale we use. Instead of all of europe perhasp more regonial or even single country interactives could be hosted.

Peasant Phill
11-13-2010, 12:28
As an announcement. Like many of you have noticed. I have been dong research for the next evolution of the Sengoku Jidai IH, but as it seems the level of detail i was aiming for takes so huge amounts of work. I have decided that the sequal will be lot more close to the original, which also means that it will start lot more sooner then with the current frame would have.:bow:

This time I want a part in this IH. Count me in as a player.

Franconicus
11-14-2010, 12:07
I really liked the results of my last experiment. It was fast and good to handle. And it was open to every one who wanted to jump in - even for a short time.
The cons were that there was little discussion and that the host had a too strong influence on how the story went.

Currently I am wondering if there is a chance of a game with two different groups, maybe just a battle or campaign.

11-14-2010, 17:16

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. :pimp:

Good idea Pranas. :balloon2::balloon2:

Maybe the response is to limit the general scale we use. Instead of all of europe perhasp more regonial or even single country interactives could be hosted.

Good point LW. Maybe do like a American Civil War IH or a Mongol Invasion of China IH. In the Former, you could pick between the Union and the Rebels, and maybe the English and the French if you wanted a 4 man IH. In the last one, you could do a Mongol and China nation, then let each faction pick 1-2 extra players to be generals or something.

Lord Winter
11-14-2010, 19:45
I'm thinking of hosting something on the Russian Revolution currently but need some input. I'm leaning towards a traditional single player game but I could host it as a multiplayer if someone made a good enough case. Is there any interest and if so from what point of view and at what time.

11-15-2010, 00:44
I would like to see a MP IH Lord Winter. I be interested in doing one. I think doing one around the time of the Mongol invasion of Russia or the Times of trouble when Poland and Sweden(I believe Sweden was one) invaded, but Russian revolution is OK, just not my fav, though I'll play in whatever you host. :balloon2:

King Kurt
11-15-2010, 17:41
I think that Franc's experiment worked really well - in particular we had a conclusion. The mp IHs are great, but they always peter out as the host gets overwhelmed. the other idea worth revisiting is the "2 forum" IH which Kraxis used for duel of the sea where we were one side and another forum was the other. The problem is finding another willing forum.

11-16-2010, 18:47
TWC but people there with the IH's..... Being the founder of the IH forum there, I can tell you they are um.... amateurs to IH's and it been almost 2 years since they been doing them.

All I know is we need another host.