PDA

View Full Version : Shogun2 video

Swoosh So
11-14-2010, 12:58
Started watching this and was sure id seen it before but then i started to see other stuff i hadent seen like the loading screens music and sound effects and mike saying that there will be ALOT more units that give buffs with cooldowns and that those buffs can overlap.

Customising units? ;0

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/eg-expo-shogun-ii-presentation?size=hd

pevergreen
11-14-2010, 13:54
42 minutes long.

I'm going to let it buffer, then watch, the edit this post.

@swoosh, I havent seen it.

Lots of blah blah in the first 10 minutes. Goes on again about the 'revolutionary mp idea' If its so amazing, tell us. I'm 90% sure its not going to be amazing.

Watching ingame footage. The load time for a normal-large battle was quite long.

The guys voice is annoying.

Battle going on, seems M2TWish in how they stand around and react to a charge. He goes on about how they have the motion captured stuff. That was cool, but was a problem in M2TW.

I'm fairly sure the 'battle' is a video, I swear i've seen the battle play out in the exact same way in the battle report.

The toggle abilties seem normal, but the one off/cd abilties could be interesting.

The infantry fighting survived for quite a while, happy about the length.

40 or so factions apparently, 9 playable right? ~60 provinces total. Massive decrease.

Geisha movie, she failed. Now presumably the ninja video we saw already. Yup, the one we saw.

Skill points and trees for agents. "ninjitsu and exotic weapons" for the ninja.

Sight range for a ninja is huge.

Drop in battles. Request human opponent in your SP game.
Building interface seems same as ETW.

Clan management. Family tree is back. Positions are back, give bonuses. I wonder if the 4 child limit will come back.

Seems like 2 tech trees.
"Bushido" and "Way of Chi(?)"

'Dilemas' Yes/no events. eg: take the ronin of dead faction etc. Seems like a cheap take from EU3 events.

"dont film this" talking about naval battles.

Is the guy gunna film it? Yes, he is for now... Starts at 35 minutes basically.

Showing troops on the shore, ships on the water. They look pretty good, game looks good. No gameplay shown yet. Thats not going to happen, even though its there. "we're saving that for later"

Now question time. More reassurance about the ai. Negative things come like V&V, positive are chosen.

They are looking at making it better for mods, but not initially.

End impressions of S2TW: I'm pretty sure its gunna look good. But how fun/balanced/hard/bug free will it be. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Swoosh So
11-14-2010, 14:24
Sorry if u have seen it before i just cant rmember if i had but im sure the vid was from nov 1st so i dont think i had.

Tempiic
11-15-2010, 21:15
Ohhh... deja vu :P